WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh man... i'm glad for those who haven't heard yet that they're still doing interviews but I was really hoping Feb 18th would be the last set so we could hear back sooner
Honestly, I feel like it probably is because I got my interview date in this last batch and my application wasn't fully finished until literally 10 min before the deadline (one of my recommenders was holding it up I was literally calling her 30 min before the deadline wondering if there was an issue after following up multiple times that week). My app was sent for review on 1/5 so I feel like they've probably gotten through the whole applicant pool at this point so I can only really imagine maybe they pull some like maybes they set aside.
 
Honestly, I feel like it probably is because I got my interview date in this last batch and my application wasn't fully finished until literally 10 min before the deadline (one of my recommenders was holding it up I was literally calling her 30 min before the deadline wondering if there was an issue after following up multiple times that week). My app was sent for review on 1/5 so I feel like they've probably gotten through the whole applicant pool at this point so I can only really imagine maybe they pull some like maybes they set aside.
Jeez reviewed on 1/5? That's insane lol thanks for letting us know, i'm glad you were able to get your application in!
 
I don’t mean to rant on here lol, just super stressed out about this whole process and the not knowing. It doesn’t help that family, friends, and people at work ask me everyday if I’ve heard anything. I know they mean well but it’s driving me crazy 😅
everyone asking is driving me insane too lol every day that i say i haven't heard back, i think they doubt me more.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When everyone is hearing back except those of us who applied to the private schools
1613289482221.png
 
only 4 more days until the (maybe last) set of interviews! so hopefully everyone hears back end of this month! or at least some type of news so we can better estimate when exactly we'd hear back!
I'm surprised they haven't sent out any update by email. There's still some people on the facebook group that still haven't heard back from Western regarding interview invites. But I really hope we hear back soon.
 
I would love that but I think realistically we wouldn’t hear until next week at the earliest since they’ll have more interviews the 18th. It would be nice to hear back before March though. I interviewed in November and part of me worries that they’ve forgotten about me by now and I’m doomed lol
Yeah I don’t think we will hear back this week either it’s just wishful thinking. Next week is definitely a possibility - I would think they would have ranked most of us already so if they interview like 5 more people on Thursday it shouldn’t take too much longer...but that’s just my guess. I interview in early November as well so I’m starting to get suuuper anxious.
 
Yeah I don’t think we will hear back this week either it’s just wishful thinking. Next week is definitely a possibility - I would think they would have ranked most of us already so if they interview like 5 more people on Thursday it shouldn’t take too much longer...but that’s just my guess. I interview in early November as well so I’m starting to get suuuper anxious.
I would love to hear back sooner, but I personally don't think we'll hear for at least another couple weeks at the earliest. Once they have gone through and completed all of the interviews, they hand off all of the applications and interview notes to the dean and he sits in his office for a week deciding who will get an acceptance, etc. This is information that I've gotten from current students as well as videos where the dean has spoken about the logistics of admissions.
 
I would love to hear back sooner, but I personally don't think we'll hear for at least another couple weeks at the earliest. Once they have gone through and completed all of the interviews, they hand off all of the applications and interview notes to the dean and he sits in his office for a week deciding who will get an acceptance, etc. This is information that I've gotten from current students as well as videos where the dean has spoken about the logistics of admissions.
This is the video that I happened upon when looking back at previous years threads:
 
Well, ladies and germs, I still have not been interviewed so I spoke with the counselor to learn what I can do to be more competitive next cycle, so if anyone is out there and feeling sad, try not to be. Eventually, our time will come. Although the adcom does not inform the applicant on what they can do next cycle to be more competitive, consult your counselor, and they will give you good input.

Now, where did I leave my GRE flashcards.....?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is the video that I happened upon when looking back at previous years threads:
Dang that sounds intense. I hope that is not the case tho. I highly doubt that they let all the eligible applicant’s profiles accumulate until AFTER the last round of interviews to start reviewing. That would seem super inefficient. I’m just overthinking at this point
 
For anyone that interviewed today, let us know if they say anything about sending out more interview invites and if they mention anything in regards to a timeline for sending out acceptances, etc. I think we're all dying to know anything at this point LOL
 
Omg not April 14th 😭🤣 also, if you’ve gotten more experience since you submitted your application, should you email admissions with any updates?
 
I just feel like we HAVE to know soon. If it’s true that there were only 47 files left, like was previously mentioned, they have to be through with them all. During my interview it felt like there were like 30 people there.
 
I just feel like we HAVE to know soon. If it’s true that there were only 47 files left, like was previously mentioned, they have to be through with them all. During my interview it felt like there were like 30 people there.
when was your interview? Mine was on January 27th and there were literally only like 5 other girls in my interview group lol
 
For anyone that interviewed today, let us know if they say anything about sending out more interview invites and if they mention anything in regards to a timeline for sending out acceptances, etc. I think we're all dying to know anything at this point LOL
Hi everyone! I interviewed today in the 8:50AM slot and they said that we were the last set of individuals to be interviewed! I also could have misheard just because my mind was everywhere after the interview!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I interviewed today in the 8:50AM slot and they said that we were the last set of individuals to be interviewed! I also could have misheard just because my mind was everywhere after the interview!
Thank you so much for the update! Yeah I totally understand, it was hard for me to concentrate on anything else too LOL
 
Hi everyone! I interviewed today in the 8:50AM slot and they said that we were the last set of individuals to be interviewed! I also could have misheard just because my mind was everywhere after the interview!
Awesome! How was it? Did they mention anything about acceptances ?
 
On an unrelated note, someone on the facebook group mentioned that pop up that you guys were talking about earlier that says "2021 entering class" when entering into the portal. She said that she hadn't checked her portal in about a month and just noticed that line on there for the first time. I went to check my portal using the link they provided in the email and just noticed it when I was trying to login too, but I usually go through a bookmarked page that doesn't give me the pop up so I can't really say whether it's new for my page or not.
 
Awesome! How was it? Did they mention anything about acceptances ?
It was great! They have such an awesome faculty and staff. By far one of the best vet school interview experiences. And as for acceptances... I'm really sorry I wish I could help but I honestly don't remember much after I finished the interview. So this information might be totally wrong, but I think that after the interview and we get "graded" by the interviewers and are possibly moved on to the next "round", where you are put under review again and they pick from there. They did mention they don't currently have a timeline cause of covid and stuff... but they did say that if accepted, Fall/Winter transcripts are due by March 31, so we should hopefully know by then!
 
It was great! They have such an awesome faculty and staff. By far one of the best vet school interview experiences. And as for acceptances... I'm really sorry I wish I could help but I honestly don't remember much after I finished the interview. So this information might be totally wrong, but I think that after the interview and we get "graded" by the interviewers and are possibly moved on to the next "round", where you are put under review again and they pick from there. They did mention they don't currently have a timeline cause of covid and stuff... but they did say that if accepted, Fall/Winter transcripts are due by March 31, so we should hopefully know by then!
No worries...thanks for trying your best to respond. I’m glad you felt great about the interview...rest easy now that you’re done!
 
I just got into Ohio state and now I am so torn. I have no idea what I’d decide if I got into both. Now I’m really hoping we have a few weeks until we hear back so I can gather more information lol
 
I just got into Ohio state and now I am so torn. I have no idea what I’d decide if I got into both. Now I’m really hoping we have a few weeks until we hear back so I can gather more information lol
Honestly, I love Westerns program a lot, but it is private so tuition is expensive plus I think tOSU does instate for out of staters after a year (not 100% sure on that) so unless you're loaded or you have serious issues with one school over another go to the one that's cheaper to help reduce the crazy amount of debt it sucks that it comes down to money but with how expensive vet school is long term that's probably the best decision so I would just recommend you evaluate tuition plus cost of living and if one is significantly better than the other go with that if they're about the same pick based off other factors like curriculum and overall impression of the school.

Unrelated note but Jesus I'm so nervous the whole process has made me start checking sdn like it's facebook



AOh14GjbzNDhsL-zcqmzINXfkJ6pEzY6d7-smp2ejjz0nA=s40
ReplyForward
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lmaooo but actually though
What's stressing me out the most is that every non-private school has already released decisions and I'm sitting here sitting like :'-)
I definitely feel this, its been rough having friends and colleagues getting into schools and im just playing sitting duck. Fingers crossed we hear something soon before my anxiety eats me alive
 
I definitely feel this, its been rough having friends and colleagues getting into schools and im just playing sitting duck. Fingers crossed we hear something soon before my anxiety eats me alive
Dude, same. I just want to hear something, anything. This process is hard and emotionally exhausting enough, and dragging it out even longer makes it that much more difficult lol
 
Dude, same. I just want to hear something, anything. This process is hard and emotionally exhausting enough, and dragging it out even longer makes it that much more difficult lol
Ugh I know!! Feel free to message me anytime, I’m always down for a mini rant session about the process lol