-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU c/o 2025
Started by Eragon8192
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Straight up lmaoI feel like I'm living Groundhog Day... just seems like the same day is being repeated LOL
I originally wasn't that anxious about it but now I am an absolute nervous wreck about it hahaha
Best of luck everyone. I know the waiting game sucks but you guys are near the finish line! Current 1st year 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
atlanticaccra
Full Member
Hello! What are your thoughts on the program? Do you know when everyone will be back on campus? That's what makes me nervous if I go here, having a hands-on focused program but everything online due to Covid...Best of luck everyone. I know the waiting game sucks but you guys are near the finish line! Current 1st year 😅
We really don’t know but I am HOPING we all go back in fall. Truly unpredictable and I wish I had an answer. The program overall is great but shame my class didn’t get to experience what a typical first year would be like. The 2nd years have been such a big blessing in guiding us. Overall, PBL was such a huge learning curve and took about 3 blocks for ME to get a handle of it. 🥲😅 can’t wait to enjoy anatomy in person !! WesternU I believe has done their best in navigating the pandemic despite being a hotspot for it. The county rules over everything. I’m totally fine with online NOW but it sucks like badly...Typical zoom university things. I’ve been vaccinated and starting tomorrow the entire college is eligible so that EXCITING news in the right direction. 🙂 we will manage. I’m so excited for clinical years that forsure...a lot of makeup work but it is what it is. 🤷🏽♂️Hello! What are your thoughts on the program? Do you know when everyone will be back on campus? That's what makes me nervous if I go here, having a hands-on focused program but everything online due to Covid...
Happy Monday everyone, hopefully this week will be the week!!
LokiBear
Full Member
Omg I sure hope so!!Happy Monday everyone, hopefully this week will be the week!!
LokiBear
Full Member
watch they send out another wave of interviews 🤣Happy Monday everyone, hopefully this week will be the week!!
Every time I get a notification for SDN I panic 😂watch they send out another wave of interviews 🤣
LokiBear
Full Member
Sorry, my bad! HahaEvery time I get a notification for SDN I panic 😂
Hahaha no no I didn’t mean it like that!!Sorry, my bad! Haha
LokiBear
Full Member
I wish we would, but I'm thinking it may be closer to Friday of this week.Who thinks we will hear back today??
I got it! Why does it sound like they haven’t even began picking people yet?Did you guys just get the email from too?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LokiBear
Full Member
Because I don't think they have yet LOLI got it! Why does it sound like they haven’t even began picking people yet?
I genuinely thought I was reading the email wrong lmao I just had my roommate read it tooBecause I don't think they have yet LOL
Yeah they definitely haven’t started yet it sounds like haha looks like it will be more like mid March 😅I genuinely thought I was reading the email wrong lmao I just had my roommate read it too
It’s going to be a LONG few weeks 🙁Yeah they definitely haven’t started yet it sounds like haha looks like it will be more like mid March 😅
LokiBear
Full Member
Yeah they definitely haven’t started yet it sounds like haha looks like it will be more like mid March 😅
😢It’s going to be a LONG few weeks 🙁
LokiBear
Full Member
Weird I didn’t receive an email. Can someone post it?
LokiBear
Full Member
did you check your spam?I didn't get an email ... ?
yeah but it's not there eitherdid you check your spam?
check your portal maybe? make sure nothing is changed there hopefully if your portal still looks fine it might just be an email issueyeah but it's not there either
LokiBear
Full Member
For real though lol I'm getting nervous now that it's actually close :SThe way my heart stopped when I saw that email 😅 can’t imagine whats gonna happen when it’s the real deal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
atlanticaccra
Full Member
does anyone think they'll get it all done this week?
If they buckle down and do it, I don't see why they couldn't.does anyone think they'll get it all done this week?
LokiBear
Full Member
I think there's a good chance. They addressed that they were behind in the email, so it sounds like they are trying to get the letters out as soon as they can.does anyone think they'll get it all done this week?
LokiBear
Full Member
Question to you all that are seriously considering Western, how do you feel about their tuition being on the higher end? I was comparing it to some of the other schools and for example, Western for all four years is double what Davis is. Washington is even cheaper than Davis as an out of state student. So my question is, what is helping you to feel better about paying more for Westerns program?
I know a handful of sorority alumni members who went there/are currently attending western and they all have nothing but great things to say! After doing my own research and looking into the school and the program I ultimately fell in love (plus moving to California was always on my bucket list) so it just seemed like a perfect fit!Question to you all that are seriously considering Western, how do you feel about their tuition being on the higher end? I was comparing it to some of the other schools and for example, Western for all four years is double what Davis is. Washington is even cheaper than Davis as an out of state student. So my question is, what is helping you to feel better about paying more for Westerns program?
Last edited:
I don't see the price as being that different from going to most out of state schools (for my case). I current live within driving distance of the school so I can continue living with my parents. This will allow me to save a ton of money as they are paying for my housing, food, gas, entertainment, etc leaving just the tuition cost for me to pay. If I were to move out of state, I would have to pay for all of those things myself as well as the actual schooling.Question to you all that are seriously considering Western, how do you feel about their tuition being on the higher end? I was comparing it to some of the other schools and for example, Western for all four years is double what Davis is. Washington is even cheaper than Davis as an out of state student. So my question is, what is helping you to feel better about paying more for Westerns program?
I also think that the PBL program will be worth the price because it will force us to do our own research and it will teach us how to research efficiently which is going to be a major bonus for us once we are practicing.
I love their program so that's why I applied here, but I'm a firm believer in going wherever is cheapest if you have multiple options I just think it makes the most sense unless you realize you don't like the school that's cheapest. Western is my last shot this cycle so if I get in I'm going but if I had other options price would be my biggest deciding factorQuestion to you all that are seriously considering Western, how do you feel about their tuition being on the higher end? I was comparing it to some of the other schools and for example, Western for all four years is double what Davis is. Washington is even cheaper than Davis as an out of state student. So my question is, what is helping you to feel better about paying more for Westerns program?
LokiBear
Full Member
Western is my last shot for this cycle as well. This was my first cycle and Western was the only school that gave me a chance. I'm pretty sure I'd accept if offered a spot, but there's still this lingering feeling of "what if I apply again next year and get offered a spot at a cheaper school?"I love their program so that's why I applied here, but I'm a firm believer in going wherever is cheapest if you have multiple options I just think it makes the most sense unless you realize you don't like the school that's cheapest. Western is my last shot this cycle so if I get in I'm going but if I had other options price would be my biggest deciding factor
I've added a crap ton of extra units for this past fall and winter quarter to try and boost my gpa, which will give me a 4.0 for my last 68 quarter unit gpa if I end up applying again (I applied with a 3.45 last 68 quarter unit gpa this past round). I'm worried that if I were to turn down Western (if I'm even offered a spot) and re-apply next year, that I don't get in anywhere next year.
I was waitlisted everywhere. I really think this cycle was an oddity. There were so many more people applying. I think next year will be totally different and that your chances will definitely go up especially with raising your gpa.Western is my last shot for this cycle as well. This was my first cycle and Western was the only school that gave me a chance. I'm pretty sure I'd accept if offered a spot, but there's still this lingering feeling of "what if I apply again next year and get offered a spot at a cheaper school?"
I've added a crap ton of extra units for this past fall and winter quarter to try and boost my gpa, which will give me a 4.0 for my last 68 quarter unit gpa if I end up applying again (I applied with a 3.45 last 68 quarter unit gpa this past round). I'm worried that if I were to turn down Western (if I'm even offered a spot) and re-apply next year, that I don't get in anywhere next year.
I feel like with how much Vet school costs, you need to make sure that you are 100% sure on the school you pick. Would you regret picking western due to the price? These are loans that we’re gonna be paying back for a while. I think if the price is an actual worry, try again next year and hopefully you’ll get into a cheaper school. Worst case(if you get in to western and decide not to go right now), you end up at Western a year later with more experience and you’ll have time to earn/save more money to help pay for school.
I hope that makes sense. I'm a bit on the tired side 😆
Last edited:
LokiBear
Full Member
Yes it did make sense hahaI was waitlisted everywhere. I really think this cycle was an oddity. There were so many more people applying. I think next year will be totally different and that your chances will definitely go up especially with raising your gpa.
I feel like with how much Vet school costs, you need to make sure that you are 100% sure on the school you pick. Would you regret picking western due to the price? These are loans that we’re gonna be paying back for a while. I think if the price is an actual worry, try again next year and hopefully you’ll get into a cheaper school. Worst case(if you get in to western and decide not to go right now), you end up at Western a year later with more experience and you’ll have time to earn/save more money to help pay for school.
I hope that makes sense. I'm a bit on the tired side 😆
that's really helpful advice! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply back, I really appreciate it! I wonder how many people applied to Western this year
This is so true for me I feel ok taking on some higher loans than I might have otherwise liked because my parents while they're not rich enough to pay for my school they've got enough saved that I know even if I were to struggle I'd be able to rely on them to help me out a bit. However, if you don't have a good safety net like that it's worth weighing your options.I was waitlisted everywhere. I really think this cycle was an oddity. There were so many more people applying. I think next year will be totally different and that your chances will definitely go up especially with raising your gpa.
I feel like with how much Vet school costs, you need to make sure that you are 100% sure on the school you pick. Would you regret picking western due to the price? These are loans that we’re gonna be paying back for a while. I think if the price is an actual worry, try again next year and hopefully you’ll get into a cheaper school. Worst case(if you get in to western and decide not to go right now), you end up at Western a year later with more experience and you’ll have time to earn/save more money to help pay for school.
I hope that makes sense. I'm a bit on the tired side 😆
LokiBear
Full Member
I was literally just thinking about it but I'm kind of scared of annoying them LOLIs anyone else tempted to email Robin Johnson (the director of admissions) to ask if there is a definite date that decisions will go out? 🤔 haha
Same...haha what if we all emailed her at the same time. She’d have to respond and also she wouldn’t be able to single us outI was literally just thinking about it but I'm kind of scared of annoying them LOL
LokiBear
Full Member
I like the way you think hahaSame...haha what if we all emailed her at the same time. She’d have to respond and also she wouldn’t be able to single us out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did we just become best friends?I like the way you think haha
its brutal.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K