-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU c/o 2026
Started by nseig
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I see I see! But you got one!! That’s amazing in itself! So, when you were on the waitlist, does that’s status just carry over to the next cycle?I honestly wasn’t even expecting an interview my first cycle (low gps) so I was okay with the waitlist haha
altRVT
Full Member
No, it does not. I’m right back at square one lol Although I have heard that if you were waitlisted one year, you’ll most likely get in the next. Not sure how accurate that is but my sources are pretty solid hahaI see I see! But you got one!! That’s amazing in itself! So, when you were on the waitlist, does that’s status just carry over to the next cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol I've also been counting down the days till March but WesternU is definitely one of my top schools along with Tufts because of its hands-on curriculum and location, haha I too would really like to stay close to home even if it's on the other side of the state
I've been thinking about this too, it definitely sounds like there are a lot of people who have chosen to accept an offer but also all of the schools have agreed on a deadline of April for final decisions from students because there are still a handful of schools who have to release decisions/have released decision within the last couple of daysYes I’ve had my interview but I was waitlisted before and my interview was offered in October, this time I had to wait till February! But they also downloaded my last LoR late because they had my full application before my last one went in with the extension. I was thinking give them my part ASAP because you’re allowed to but then I had to follow up with Jaziel like 5 times to make sure they actually got my last LoR so I think it pushed me way out on interviews
Just withdrew my app (interviewed in October) since I've accepted a seat at UMN! (Probably sounds crazy to you Cali folks that I prefer Minnesota over California!)
Good luck everybody, the wait is (hopefully) almost over!!!!
Good luck everybody, the wait is (hopefully) almost over!!!!
I thought this too but I was waitlisted last year and haven’t been invited for an interview this year. I know there’s still some time but it’s so close to March I doubt it’s gonna happen.No, it does not. I’m right back at square one lol Although I have heard that if you were waitlisted one year, you’ll most likely get in the next. Not sure how accurate that is but my sources are pretty solid haha
Does anyone know when decisions come out?
Kaneko180012
Full Member
I was told early Spring :/Does anyone know when decisions come out?
So another month or so. Great. Lol.I was told early Spring :/
I looked up last years cycle and decisions were sent out March 5th.I was told early Spring :/
Congrats!!!!! Lol I applied to schools on the east and obviously if it was the only school I was accepted to I would take the offer but I already consider winters in NorCal cold so I'm not sure how I would've survived winters there 🤣🤣Just withdrew my app (interviewed in October) since I've accepted a seat at UMN! (Probably sounds crazy to you Cali folks that I prefer Minnesota over California!)
Good luck everybody, the wait is (hopefully) almost over!!!!
Yes but in past years once they filled the class it didn’t matter, they actually overfilled two of the years and students who got acceptances didn’t get in if they didn’t pay for their spotI've been thinking about this too, it definitely sounds like there are a lot of people who have chosen to accept an offer but also all of the schools have agreed on a deadline of April for final decisions from students because there are still a handful of schools who have to release decisions/have released decision within the last couple of days
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CongratulationsJust got accepted into my IS school. Will more than likely withdraw. Yay!
Wishing you the best in your endeavors in vet school!! 😄😄😄Just got accepted into my IS school. Will more than likely withdraw. Yay!
yup, I'm in the same boatStill have not received any notification about an interview or any status for that matter. Anyone experiencing the same dilemma?
I hope so!! I hate my job and want to take the next step 😂Maybe we'll get lucky and hear this week? lol
The wait has me on edge fr 😅 They sent out an email and I felt like I nearly had a heart attack, but it was just to celebrate black history month
I have a couple prerequisites to finish this semester. Also some that were completed last semester. If I wait to submit my transcripts, will this affect my application/their decision?
Same, I nearly passed out 😵The wait has me on edge fr 😅 They sent out an email and I felt like I nearly had a heart attack, but it was just to celebrate black history month
I think we all need some news so we can have some peace of mind 🥺 March is next week!! The wait is almost over…..I totally freaked out about that email but I saw it on my iPhone's lock screen and read the subject line right under lol, had a mini heart attack though
You are right! Last year decisions were sent out on March 5th 😐Last year they heard this week, so hopefully we hear this week!! Can't stand the wait haha
Yup yup. If I get denied I’m going back to get my MS in bio and reapply in 2 years 🤷🏻♀️ Anyone else have a plan B?Whellpppp, let's get ready for whatever they send out!
altRVT
Full Member
Same plan B lolYup yup. If I get denied I’m going back to get my MS in bio and reapply in 2 years 🤷🏻♀️ Anyone else have a plan B?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YEAH!! 💅Same plan B lol
This was my plan B when I applied in 2019 and received zero invites for an interview. I would say it worked for me. This time around I was invited for 6 interviews, received 3 offers, and two schools pending decision (including Western).Yup yup. If I get denied I’m going back to get my MS in bio and reapply in 2 years 🤷🏻♀️ Anyone else have a plan B?
Lol pretty much the same, except I'm gonna do a 1 year MS in shelter med at UF or in bio at Davis, continue doing my research at Davis, and probably retake a few courses that I got lower grades in through online, self-paced courses over the summerYup yup. If I get denied I’m going back to get my MS in bio and reapply in 2 years 🤷🏻♀️ Anyone else have a plan B?
tigerchuffs
Full Member
For anyone who took classes Fall 2021: Does your portal still show your transcripts as pending even if you had submitted them? I’m stressing bc I can’t get a hold of anyone to verify they were received
I don't think anyones portal is updated 🙁For anyone who took classes Fall 2021: Does your portal still show your transcripts as pending even if you had submitted them? I’m stressing bc I can’t get a hold of anyone to verify they were received
Kaneko180012
Full Member
... Mine is. But I also emailed them twice about it. Not sure if that's why? They never replied to my emails though.I don't think anyones portal is updated 🙁
Hey guys, for whatever reason, they haven’t been the greatest at responding and I don’t know why! There have been a lot of people stating that their transcripts have not been updated, so that’s really frustrating. You can see what happens in the next upcoming weeks and see if they will let submit them if y’all are ultimately accepted.... Mine is. But I also emailed them twice about it. Not sure if that's why? They never replied to my emails though.
Kaneko180012
Full Member
Yeah, the website says they won't update it until you're accepted, but when you submit the transcript through Parchment, there's an automated message from the school stating the transcript will be uploaded within 5-10 business days (or something like that). Mixed messages [emoji24]I think someone commented awhile back that nothing will be updated until they release decisions. Not sure why they released the pending item so soon in that case but apparently that’s what’s going on.
Kaneko180012
Full Member
Has anyone tried calling to inquire? I only tried email and it updated the day I was going to call, so I never ended up calling.Hey guys, for whatever reason, they haven’t been the greatest at responding and I don’t know why! There have been a lot of people stating that their transcripts have not been updated, so that’s really frustrating. You can see what happens in the next upcoming weeks and see if they will let submit them if y’all are ultimately accepted.
tigerchuffs
Full Member
I have, everyone is still out due to the Covid-19 pandemic. So who knows if they’re even getting voicemailsHas anyone tried calling to inquire? I only tried email and it updated the day I was going to call, so I never ended up calling.
Ouff, I hope decisions aren't affected by this..... 🤔I have, everyone is still out due to the Covid-19 pandemic. So who knows if they’re even getting voicemails
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was also offered an alternate position. I will be declining it though, good luck everyone!!
janice0502
tOSU c/o 2026
Just check the portal! OOS acceptance!
Not completely sure about this, but it might be because the last 2 years they've messed up and offered too many acceptances, so hopefully they didn't make the same mistake again this year.Just got the email! Alternate! Now it is a waiting game! But previous years have not shown a huge move in lists right? So keeping my eyes and ears open!