WesternU c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when we should start to apply for fafsa & loans? I am not sure if I have been accepted or not but want to make sure I’m on the right timeline!
You can apply to FAFSA now and once you’re accepted, Western will provide details on how to apple for loans! I emailed the financial aid office and was assured that obtaining loans is a very seamless process in which the student gets 2 disbursements per year. I’d be happy to forward you the detailed email or anyone else if you are interested! 😊

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You can apply to FAFSA now and once you’re accepted, Western will provide details on how to apple for loans! I emailed the financial aid office and was assured that obtaining loans is a very seamless process in which the student gets 2 disbursements per year. I’d be happy to forward you the detailed email or anyone else if you are interested! 😊
That would be awesome!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you be able to forward me the email as well? I can send you my email!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hi everybody! This is my first time applying and I was wondering if anybody who applied before knows this, does everybody's application eventually get sent to the committee for review, or is there a possibility that I'll just be ghosted completely lol ATM, my portal doesn't say anything but before their break, I got an email saying my application was incomplete because of classes I was taking at the time. I got in contact with Robin then but haven't heard anything since 🙃🙃

• Love
Hi everybody! This is my first time applying and I was wondering if anybody who applied before knows this, does everybody's application eventually get sent to the committee for review, or is there a possibility that I'll just be ghosted completely lol ATM, my portal doesn't say anything but before their break, I got an email saying my application was incomplete because of classes I was taking at the time. I got in contact with Robin then but haven't heard anything since 🙃🙃
Welcome to the forum! 😺 I applied last year and was not granted an interview and didn’t get notified of any updates until I received the rejection letter at the beginning of March. This is my second cycle and was granted an interview back in November. You will be noticed by email and portal update if you are invited for an interview. If you are not invited for an interview, you will be noticed of denial through the portal as well. Interviews are still being conducted so hang tight! 😸 Just make sure to send all your transcripts ASAP. Also, each application is reviewed. I hope this helps!

• Love
Welcome to the forum! 😺 I applied last year and was not granted an interview and didn’t get notified of any updates until I received the rejection letter at the beginning of March. This is my second cycle and was granted an interview back in November. You will be noticed by email and portal update if you are invited for an interview. If you are not invited for an interview, you will be noticed of denial through the portal as well. Interviews are still being conducted so hang tight! 😸 Just make sure to send all your transcripts ASAP. Also, each application is reviewed. I hope this helps!
Where did you send in your official transcripts? Should I send in my Fall 2021?

oh my gosh thank you for this! It helps so so much (:) Sending you all the good vibes for this cycle <333

• Love
oh my gosh thank you for this! It helps so so much :)) Sending you all the good vibes for this cycle <333
You are so welcome! 💕 please don’t hesitate to ask all the questions you’d like 😉 sending you good vibes too!

I sent them all through VMCAS but you can send your newer ones to the WesternU portal!
Can you send official transcripts directly to the portal? I’ve only been able to send them to Western through Parchment but at worried they’ll never get it to my application.

Can you send official transcripts directly to the portal? I’ve only been able to send them to Western through Parchment but at worried they’ll never get it to my application.
Hello! Yes, I believe you can upload them to the portal!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you send an official or unofficial transcript? And did your pending task get checked off?
I never needed to upload any transcripts to the portal as I did it all through VMCAS. I would assume you upload unofficial since once we open them they are not official anymore haha. Once you do that you can send officials transcripts via parchment. I’m not entirely sure, you may want to verify this with a counselor 🤓

Just got an interview invite for Saturday. I am sooo excited. 😁🎉

• Love
I uploaded my transcript awhile ago but the item for the transcript is still pending.

Also I just got an interview invite today as well (which honestly, I almost cried because I thought for sure I wasn't going to even get invited to an interview this cycle. Long story short, my GPA is probably on the lower end due to emotional abuse I experienced from my parents followed by my sudden decision to leave them to improve my mental health, so this interview invite honestly means so much to me.). My question is whether or not you guys think that another day will open up for the interview or if this upcoming Saturday will be the only option. Saturday's a big money-making day for me since I work overtime on the weekends, and I would love to have more time to prepare. Do you guys think I should just take the Saturday spot though? Also any tips and insights into the interview would be SO, SO appreciated! Does anyone know if the Q&A for this week has already happened as well? Thank you!!!

• Love
I uploaded my transcript awhile ago but the item for the transcript is still pending.

Also I just got an interview invite today as well (which honestly, I almost cried because I thought for sure I wasn't going to even get invited to an interview this cycle. Long story short, my GPA is probably on the lower end due to emotional abuse I experienced from my parents followed by my sudden decision to leave them to improve my mental health, so this interview invite honestly means so much to me.). My question is whether or not you guys think that another day will open up for the interview or if this upcoming Saturday will be the only option. Saturday's a big money-making day for me since I work overtime on the weekends, and I would love to have more time to prepare. Do you guys think I should just take the Saturday spot though? Also any tips and insights into the interview would be SO, SO appreciated! Does anyone know if the Q&A for this week has already happened as well? Thank you!!!
I have not looked at anything yet but when I confirmed the interview they sent links and stuff to help prepare. They said the interview is approx 1 hour long so maybe you can try to get a time either before or after work?

I have not looked at anything yet but when I confirmed the interview they sent links and stuff to help prepare. They said the interview is approx 1 hour long so maybe you can try to get a time either before or after work?
Unfortunately my workdays are really long 'cuz I work for a mobile vaccination clinic. So I usually leave the house around 7 AM on Saturday's and don't get back until around 8 PM. I might just bite the bullet though and see if I can join my crew for the afternoon clinic so that I can make at least a little bit of money!

Anyone have any opinions/thoughts on this matter? For those who were waitlisted, were you eventually taken off the list? I’m also wondering how many people are ultimately denied after an interview vs being offered admission vs. waitlisted. These are the thoughts that keep me up at night 😹

I would take the soonest available interview slot!!

Anyone have any opinions/thoughts on this matter? For those who were waitlisted, were you eventually taken of the list? I’m also wondering how many people are ultimately denied after an interview vs being offered admission vs. waitlisted. These are the thoughts that keep me up at night 😹
I unfortunately don’t have any valuable info on this matter…. But it keeps me up at night as well and what I have done is gone through the last few years of forums like “Western c/o 2024 hopefuls” and what not😅

I unfortunately don’t have any valuable info on this matter…. But it keeps me up at night as well and what I have done is gone through the last few years of forums like “Western c/o 2024 hopefuls” and what not😅
That’s a great idea! Did you notice any trends? Personally, I noticed quite a few out of state applicants dent Western if they were accepted into their state school 🤷🏻‍♀️

So I think I can chime in here. I was one of those that was offered admission initially but was put on an accepted student waitlist after being accepted even though I paid my deposit before the deadline. You’ve probably read my debacle from that forum. Basically it was another waitlist that didn’t guarantee my seat for the incoming class. I would’ve had to wait to see if anyone dropped for the possibility to start. Even though I was already offered a seat and paid a deposit. I ultimately decided to pull myself off the waitlist and do a masters and reapply this year.

• Care
  • Love
Does WesternU let you know whether or not you have been rejected/accepted/waitlisted soon after your interview? I thought that they emailed decisions all at once in March, so now I'm a little confused haha

So I think I can chime in here. I was one of those that was offered admission initially but was put on an accepted student waitlist after being accepted even though I paid my deposit before the deadline. You’ve probably read my debacle from that forum. Basically it was another waitlist that didn’t guarantee my seat for the incoming class. I would’ve had to wait to see if anyone dropped for the possibility to start. Even though I was already offered a seat and paid a deposit. I ultimately decided to pull myself off the waitlist and do a masters and reapply this year.
Thank you for sharing this with us. I don’t think I read your story before but I’m terribly sorry that happened to you. Was this in reference to Western? Are there two different wait lists? I’d love to read your full story on the forum.

Does WesternU let you know whether or not you have been rejected/accepted/waitlisted soon after your interview? I thought that they emailed decisions all at once in March, so now I'm a little confused haha
Yes, they let everyone know at the same time 😒

I just read part of your thread!! Aw, man, all because you didn’t pay the deposit early enough. How ridiculous!! Is there somewhere on westerns website where I can find out the deposit for the upcoming class??

Thank you for sharing this with us. I don’t think I read your story before but I’m terribly sorry that happened to you. Was this in reference to Western? Are there two different wait lists? I’d love to read your full story on the forum.
Yes this was in reference to Western. So there was an accepted student waitlist the year I applied because they over accepted students and “encouraged us to put out deposits down early” . So although they offered me a seat it was not guaranteed even though I paid my deposit before the April 15th deadline. Then there was an actual waitlist of those that were waitlisted. I don’t really know if that is going to happen this year but it has happened at least twice I think? But it did happen to me.

Yes this was in reference to Western. So there was an accepted student waitlist the year I applied because they over accepted students and “encouraged us to put out deposits down early” . So although they offered me a seat it was not guaranteed even though I paid my deposit before the April 15th deadline. Then there was an actual waitlist of those that were waitlisted. I don’t really know if that is going to happen this year but it has happened at least twice I think? But it did happen to me.
Oh my gosh, that sounds like a giant head ache!! Like you said, they gave priority to whoever paid first, disregarding whether it was before the deadline or not. How much was your deposit, if you don’t mind me asking.

I just read part of your thread!! Aw, man, all because you didn’t pay the deposit early enough. How ridiculous!! Is there somewhere on westerns website where I can find out the deposit for the upcoming class??
I think the deposit was $500 the year I applied but the silver lining is that they did refund me my deposit.

From what I've read, this happened twice with Western, and after the second time there were some changes in the admissions office. Last year this did not happen.

I think the deposit was $500 the year I applied but the silver lining is that they did refund me my deposit.
Oh, thank goodness that they did!! Was it non-refundable and they just felt bad for what they did?? Thanks for sharing that info btw

At least they refunded you, but still, what a mess! I'm sorry that happened to you ):

Oh, thank goodness that they did!! Was it non-refundable and they just felt bad for what they did?? Thanks for sharing that info btw
I think it was non-refundable but they did refund it because of the screw up. This whole mess is one of the reasons I did not apply to Western this cycle even though I loved the structure of the curriculum.

I think it was non-refundable but they did refund it because of the screw up. This whole mess is one of the reasons I did not apply to Western this cycle even though I loved the structure of the curriculum.
I’m happy you were able to get your money back!! So in the other words, first come first serve 😐

I’m happy you were able to get your money back!! So in the other words, first come first serve 😐
I don’t want to paint Western in a bad light I just like to share what happened with me and several others. I really hope that they fixed things in admissions and it never happens again. I was really excited to start school then it was taken but oh well, you live and you learn.

I don’t want to paint Western in a bad light I just like to share what happened with me and several others. I really hope that they fixed things in admissions and it never happens again. I was really excited to start school then it was taken but oh well, you live and you learn.
I didn’t take it that way at all! 😀 You have a reason to be disappointed and the way they handled it back then was done poorly. Hopefully they have improved their process.

👋🏼 c/o 2025 here! I've heard of that happening in regards to over acceptance in the past. In the last year the staff for admissions has changed and they are focusing on not letting that happen again ( at least from what I've heard last year) hence the it's been taking them a while with interviews. As far as wait-list movement we do have quite a few in my current class that where wait-listed that got in! You'll most likely hear in March, FYI you'll get an email saying your portal is updated and you'll have to log in.

• Love
👋🏼 c/o 2025 here! I've heard of that happening in regards to over acceptance in the past. In the last year the staff for admissions has changed and they are focusing on not letting that happen again ( at least from what I've heard last year) hence the it's been taking them a while with interviews. As far as wait-list movement we do have quite a few in my current class that where wait-listed that got in! You'll most likely hear in March, FYI you'll get an email saying your portal is updated and you'll have to log in.
Thank you so much for your feedback! 😄 Would you say a good amount of waitlisted applicants gain acceptance or is that something that’s not easy to answer?

Also, I spoke with a vet recently who was doing interviews this cycle, and she said in order to get an interview and then get denied, you’d have to bomb the interview pretty badly 🙄

There's some information to contact people if you need to reschedule in the portal where the interview invite link is!

That’s a great idea! Did you notice any trends? Personally, I noticed quite a few out of state applicants dent Western if they were accepted into their state school 🤷🏻‍♀️
So the only trend that I really noticed was that people were accepted to other schools first and then since western took longer to get back to them, they just accepted their seat at the other schools! I can’t speak for anyone because this is my first cycle applying, but just something I noticed :)

So the only trend that I really noticed was that people were accepted to other schools first and then since western took longer to get back to them, they just accepted their seat at the other schools! I can’t speak for anyone because this is my first cycle applying, but just something I noticed :)
Yes, you’re right! 😃 Western does seem to take longer than other schools to get back with any answer. I know this first hand because I’ve already received my rejection letters from other schools and that was weeks ago 😹

Thank you so much for your feedback! 😄 Would you say a good amount of waitlisted applicants gain acceptance or is that something that’s not easy to answer?

Also, I spoke with a vet recently who was doing interviews this cycle, and she said in order to get an interview and then get denied, you’d have to bomb the interview pretty badly 🙄
I'm not sure too much about bombing the interview and getting an invite, when I applied it was my second time. The first time I was waitlisted but the second time I received my acceptance when they let everyone know. My first cycle I felt that I did well but during round two definitely felt that I had grown a lot. I believe it goes through waitlist pretty quick since a lot of people end up hearing from other schools or they get pulled off waitlists once all the schools send out letters. I know tons of schools almost go through the first 100 people on waitlists ( from what I heard with my friends). The only downside with waitlist at western is that they don't rank you, they pull a random name off the list.

• Love
Does anyone know if the interviewers for Western Health have your application on hand/have read your application?

I'm not sure too much about bombing the interview and getting an invite, when I applied it was my second time. The first time I was waitlisted but the second time I received my acceptance when they let everyone know. My first cycle I felt that I did well but during round two definitely felt that I had grown a lot. I believe it goes through waitlist pretty quick since a lot of people end up hearing from other schools or they get pulled off waitlists once all the schools send out letters. I know tons of schools almost go through the first 100 people on waitlists ( from what I heard with my friends). The only downside with waitlist at western is that they don't rank you, they pull a random name off the list.
How do you like the curriculum so far? And the area? I've never actually been to any west coast state. 😅

Does anyone know if the interviewers for Western Health have your application on hand/have read your application?
The interview is closed file so they have not seen your application. I highly recommend going to Western's interview feedback page on SDN to get a feel for the type of questions they will ask you. It was super laid back!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users