You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants
Started by dancingvet_loading
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Alternate here- that makes 8 rejections and now one waitlist- manifesting good news but it keeps getting hard to stay positive
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s ok, you’re not alone there, this is my second time applying and I both retook classes and did part of my masters (will be finishing it after I finish vet school though since right now I do plan on going to CSU). I was told by the admissions counselor that with my retake grades my application looked very strong, oh well!So frustrating haha. I have a strong science GPA, a masters degree, and it’s my second time applying
isleofshibes
Full Member
Alternate status as well! Honestly, I was expecting another rejection so this is better than that.
Blkthornberry26
Full Member
Alternate here as well IS
Alternate! Not a rejection, I’m taking this as a win
Yes!!! I’m the most anxious about that decision, I’m really hoping they send it out soon! I’m dying 😂 fingers crossed for the both of us!!!lets both hope for good news from MSU!![]()
Adding another set of fingers to cross for yoh too!!!can i please be added to the good news list from MSU? [emoji28]
ThinkBucket12
Full Member
Alternate status! Hoping for the best & that they pull a lot of people off the waitlist 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Destiny Dalesandro
Full Member
Alternate !
alternate as well 🙁
Second time alternate 🥲. I'm not sure how to feel right now haha - I am happy to still have a chance, but sad that it's only a chance. Need to remember that this is still an achievement! 😤
peachiekeen13
Full Member
Alternate as well- i'm in state. Trying to stay hopeful but it's hard. Does anyone have an idea of how many people they put on the waitlist?
I feel like i’m seeing way more alternates that I am acceptances tonight! I hate how they said it could be till August if we find out we got pulled off
I think if you are able to handle/afford whatever losses you might get (I.e. financial) if you are pulled off the waitlist, you should stay on the waitlist but prep as if you’ve been rejected in case you do need to do another round. This was the path I took last year, and I was accepted to 2 different programs, offered more interviews than last cycle, and placed on 2 alternate lists (this one included). This is just my own personal experience and opinion thoughi’m half inclined to just decline so i can start planning the rest of my year accordingly instead of being stuck in limbo for another 4 months
Blkthornberry26
Full Member
This is me ALLLLL the way!🥹😭Alternate, accepted it, but have no hope.
Blkthornberry26
Full Member
It should be a link in your portal right above all of your updates.How do you accept the alternate status? I’m struggling to figure it out lol.
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
2nd year as an alternate 🥲 just got the email
It seems so bizarre that we are not allowed to know what number on the waitlist we are. This is the only school (that i’ve heard of) that keeps it secret. Cruel of them to have us wait and have virtually no hope. At least with a number we could discern if the list is actually moving or not. Hate this process more than anything. It should not be this difficult to get a degree in something we’re all clearly passionate about.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m on 6 waitlists and none have given me a rank so they are not the only ones. I get it if they don’t use a ranking system though but if they do it would be nice to know your place. But also I can see how they don’t want to give false hope to someone by them being high up but still not getting in or if someone is really low down it doesn’t mean they won’t get in so I can see why they wouldn’t want to share.It seems so bizarre that we are not allowed to know what number on the waitlist we are. This is the only school (that i’ve heard of) that keeps it secret. Cruel of them to have us wait and have virtually no hope. At least with a number we could discern if the list is actually moving or not. Hate this process more than anything. It should not be this difficult to get a degree in something we’re all clearly passionate about.
Oregon does this too and im waitlisted there 🙁 its not too too uncommon but it definitely does suck and feels like ur left in the darkIt seems so bizarre that we are not allowed to know what number on the waitlist we are. This is the only school (that i’ve heard of) that keeps it secret. Cruel of them to have us wait and have virtually no hope. At least with a number we could discern if the list is actually moving or not. Hate this process more than anything. It should not be this difficult to get a degree in something we’re all clearly passionate about.
im on penn and wisconsins waitlist. they both give ranks. it helps a lot more than being left not knowing.I’m on 6 waitlists and none have given me a rank so they are not the only ones. I get it if they don’t use a ranking system though but if they do it would be nice to know your place. But also I can see how they don’t want to give false hope to someone by them being high up but still not getting in or if someone is really low down it doesn’t mean they won’t get in so I can see why they wouldn’t want to share.
Blkthornberry26
Full Member
Maybe they pull alternates by order of last name? I hope so because mine starts with a C lol.
Hey guys. So the number of alternate position at Western is not a thing. They try to keep a well rounded class. So if a horse person declines their spot, they will try to find someone in their waitlist that also has horse experience and other similarities. Atleast that’s what they told me when I was in your position.
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
Were u waitlisted and then made it off?Hey guys. So the number of alternate position at Western is not a thing. They try to keep a well rounded class. So if a horse person declines their spot, they will try to find someone in their waitlist that also has horse experience and other similarities. Atleast that’s what they told me when I was in your position.
Alternate peeps!! So I was digging into last years forum, trying to find some hope and clarity-
- The dates people got pulled off the waitlist last year were 5/26, 6/9, 6/22. And then whoever doesn't show up at the orientation also gets replaced by an alternate so that's why the email said to wait until August.
- Every time a spot opens up they send out a continued interest email to survey who's still waiting for a seat.
- If you get pulled off, you get notified by the same email format we received our results that brings us to our status page
- It seems like in the previous year there are ~30-50 people who were waitlisted and only a few got pulled off. Many other schools didn't even pull off anyone from their waitlist so this is not a Western thing
- Some said that it's a replacement system (finding a person with similar interest/skills to replace the previous person) and others claimed that its the dean and associate dean making the decision of who to pull off the list
monarchwings
Full Member
Alternate! I'm staying hopeful. Congratulations to everyone accepted and good luck to everyone on the alternate list! We've made it this far, it's not over yet.
I did not. I was accepted my second round. This is true for a huge chunk of my classWere u waitlisted and then made it off?
Alternate peeps!! So I was digging into last years forum, trying to find some hope and clarity-
I hope these info from last year helps. Quoting someone from previous year's forum: "Even though we get waitlisted, I think it's also important to remember that a majority of applicants didn't get waitlisted, so that should be an accomplishment in itself." Sending good vibes!!
- The dates people got pulled off the waitlist last year were 5/26, 6/9, 6/22. And then whoever doesn't show up at the orientation also gets replaced by an alternate so that's why the email said to wait until August.
- Every time a spot opens up they send out a continued interest email to survey who's still waiting for a seat.
- If you get pulled off, you get notified by the same email format we received our results that brings us to our status page
- It seems like in the previous year there are ~30-50 people who were waitlisted and only a few got pulled off. Many other schools didn't even pull off anyone from their waitlist so this is not a Western thing
- Some said that it's a replacement system (finding a person with similar interest/skills to replace the previous person) and others claimed that its the dean and associate dean making the decision of who to pull off the list
there were some people in april too right?? thank you for doing this!
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
Ahh thats so wonderful. Thats what i was hoping for this year but alas, im on the waitlist again 🥲 good luck to all of usI did not. I was accepted my second round. This is true for a huge chunk of my class
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
Anyone on here get accepted but are going to a different school anyway?
I am leaning towards another school but it is out of state so I'm waiting to tour it at the end of this month!Anyone on here get accepted but are going to a different school anyway?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rachel Sanders
Full Member
I was accepted here and at midwestern. I am going to tour the school this Friday (midwestern) I’ll likely decline a seat at one of them depending on how the tour goes… it’s my first year applying so I don’t know much about the differences in schools etc. so I’ll know prob by April 1st ish… does anyone know if western is doing a preview day soon/ accepted students day?Anyone on here get accepted but are going to a different school anyway?
Rachel Sanders
Full Member
Western has always been my top school bc I live in LA… but midwestern has a lot of offer too so I’m stumped.I was accepted here and at midwestern. I am going to tour the school this Friday (midwestern) I’ll likely decline a seat at one of them depending on how the tour goes… it’s my first year applying so I don’t know much about the differences in schools etc. so I’ll know prob by April 1st ish… does anyone know if western is doing a preview day soon/ accepted students day?
I was accepted here and at midwestern. I am going to tour the school this Friday (midwestern) I’ll likely decline a seat at one of them depending on how the tour goes… it’s my first year applying so I don’t know much about the differences in schools etc. so I’ll know prob by April 1st ish… does anyone know if western is doing a preview day soon/ accepted students day?
Western is doing a preview day this Saturday 3/11
Rachel Sanders
Full Member
But is preview for accepted students or just the general one they’ve done before?Western is doing a preview day this Saturday 3/11
But is preview for accepted students or just the general one they’ve done before?
General. I’m not sure if they do an accepted students day