WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree & I did take off work! I think the interview went well so fingers crossed :)
Amazing news šŸ˜Ž

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I did! I completed a MS Thesis Program in Poultry Science! I didn't have to follow very strict coursework guidelines so I got to take many cool courses and even an epidemiology course at my university's vet school.
I LOVED my graduate school experience, it was the best 2 years. If you want to chat more I'm happy to share my experience and why it's been so valuable to me!
Thank you! Iā€™ll take you up on that offer! šŸ˜€

Forum, who here did a masters degree and what kind (e.g., biology, public health)? Thanks in advance

I did a 1yr masters program at LMU CVM which I left early to start vet school this semester. I will finish it during my 4 years here. Itā€™s like a bridge program to the vet school and you take Vet anatomy and Parasitology with the 1 years. I loved it! I was rejected from Western a few days ago, but Iā€™m ok with it LOL

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Just did my interview!! I think it went well, more waiting now.. It was very conversational. I would recommend def talking fast and watching your time cus 15 minutes really fly by, and that includes the interviewers introducing themselves too. Fingers crossed everyone!! hoping to be classmates with yall this fall :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I did a 1yr masters program at LMU CVM which I left early to start vet school this semester. I will finish it during my 4 years here. Itā€™s like a bridge program to the vet school and you take Vet anatomy and Parasitology with the 1 years. I loved it! I was rejected from Western a few days ago, but Iā€™m ok with it LOL
What?? You were denied even being a graduate student?? Geez šŸ˜•

What?? You were denied even being a graduate student?? Geez

Yepp! It doesnā€™t make sense but I guess the universe wanted me to stay at LMU for vet school and here I am! 3 application cycles and have successfully got into vet school! Itā€™s definitely possible!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Yepp! It doesnā€™t make sense but I guess the universe wanted me to stay at LMU for vet school and here I am! 3 application cycles and have successfully got into vet school! Itā€™s definitely possible!
Iā€™m happy that you got accepted and get to stay at LMU too šŸ«¶šŸ» you deserve it and more! Iā€™m excited to begin graduate school myself!

I havenā€™t heard anything from them still, is this happening to anyone else? Should I email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they mention when exactly in Feb? I am so anxious to find out the decision with this school ;_;
No but I know someone who has an interview the second week of Feb so šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Iā€™m assuming weā€™ll def hear in March .

"The FAFSA may be submitted anytime after October 1st for the upcoming year. There is no deadline for completing the FAFSA, however, in order to be considered for ALL available funding your FAFSA will need to be completed and submitted before February 1st."

^^ I found this on Ohio State's financial aid page. Not sure if this applies to every vet school but I would go ahead and submit your FAFSA to Western before the 1st while we continue to wait šŸ™ƒ (if you haven't already)

"The FAFSA may be submitted anytime after October 1st for the upcoming year. There is no deadline for completing the FAFSA, however, in order to be considered for ALL available funding your FAFSA will need to be completed and submitted before February 1st."

^^ I found this on Ohio State's financial aid page. Not sure if this applies to every vet school but I would go ahead and submit your FAFSA to Western before the 1st while we continue to wait šŸ™ƒ (if you haven't already)
I thought the deadline was June 30, 2023 šŸ’€ how are we suppose to apply if we donā€™t know where we are going!

I thought the deadline was June 30, 2023 šŸ’€ how are we suppose to apply if we donā€™t know where we are going!
Technically you can submit the FAFSA after 2/1 since I've done in once with my undergrad but the recommendation is before 2/1. That's why almost every single school encourages you to send them your FAFSA before decisions even come out. It's not too much of a hassle, and it's free to send your FAFSA over. Plus you only have to fill out the actual form once.

Hey everyone! When you did your masters degree, was it a terminal degree?

Technically you can submit the FAFSA after 2/1 since I've done in once with my undergrad but the recommendation is before 2/1. That's why almost every single school encourages you to send them your FAFSA before decisions even come out. It's not too much of a hassle, and it's free to send your FAFSA over. Plus you only have to fill out the actual form once.
Yes, I just filled out my FAFSA today for my one acceptance, and added the schools I'm still waiting to hear back from. It doesn't hurt and once you decide where you're going your FAFSA will only go to that one school.

Do they send out rejections and acceptances out on the same day or is one before the other?

for those who interviewed, did your portal update with your transcripts yet?

for those who interviewed, did your portal update with your transcripts yet?
Are we supposed to upload our transcripts for fall 2022? I never received an email about that and I interviewed in November.

Are we supposed to upload our transcripts for fall 2022? I never received an email about that and I interviewed in November.
no, you don't need to send the fall transcript to them unless they request it. However, if you are accepted, you will need to send the final transcript to the admission. They will let you know. Now we just wait.

Forum, who here did a masters degree and what kind (e.g., biology, public health)? Thanks in advance
I got a masters in biomedical sciences from Iowa State University. It was a one-year non-thesis program and I got clinical research experience! Research is not required for the degree but it was a huge bonus.

• Love
no, you don't need to send the fall transcript to them unless they request it. However, if you are accepted, you will need to send the final transcript to the admission. They will let you know. Now we just wait.
i emailed them a few weeks ago and they said to send your transcripts, so i would maybe do it incase

i emailed them a few weeks ago and they said to send your transcripts, so i would maybe do it incase
According to their accepted instruction last year, IF THE CANDIDATE IS ACCEPTED, fall transcript has to send to the school no later than March 31 and deadline for final transcript is June 15. I would hold my transcript until if I am accepted to the school though. On their website also says the same thing that fall transcript will not be considered until the the candidate is offered for the seat. I personally think sending the fall transcript is unnecessary right now because they are short-staffed and there is no advantage to send the transcript this early. It just makes the committee much busier and extends the review process. But if they said so, there is no reason not sending the transcript to them.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hi all! Just wanted to post on here and introduce myself (since im also anxiously awaiting a response after my interview in December šŸ˜…)

Im a year post undergrad, first time applicant, and a Cali resident. Hoping we all hear back soon šŸ¤ž

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! Just wanted to post on here and introduce myself (since im also anxiously awaiting a response after my interview in December šŸ˜…)

Im a year post undergrad, first time applicant, and a Cali resident. Hoping we all hear back soon šŸ¤ž
Welcome to the forum! I wish you nothing but luck for decisions ā˜ŗļø

I still havenā€™t heard from them, Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed for an interview invite

• Care
When does everyone think we will hear back?
This cycle has been awful for me and throughout it all Western has been my dream- now it is the only school I have left to get an answer from.

• Care
I called admissions this morning, she said timeline to hear back will be around the end of Feb-early March (interviews are currently scheduled until middle of Feb)

I know we all kinda knew this but thought I would share!

Reactions: 13 users
Is anyone else starting to become a nervous wreck and just wanna know your fate already? šŸ˜–

itā€™s nauseating šŸ˜…
For a while I thought Western was rolling so I applied early expecting to hear back early. I had no idea we wouldn't till March šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 3 users
I called admissions this morning, she said timeline to hear back will be around the end of Feb-early March (interviews are currently scheduled until middle of Feb)

I know we all kinda knew this but thought I would share!
Does it make anyone else nervous that they have been interviewing people for MONTHS. Like they have so many options šŸ˜© I hope we are all chosen.

Does it make anyone else nervous that they have been interviewing people for MONTHS. Like they have so many options šŸ˜© I hope we are all chosen.
It definitely is stressing me out. Does anyone know how many applicants they've had this cycle?

Not 100% sure how many applicants they had this cycle but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they also experienced in increase. Just counting down the number of weeks until we hear decisions!! šŸ„²šŸ„“

It definitely is stressing me out. Does anyone know how many applicants they've had this cycle?
I feel like someone said earlier there was a 12% increase in applicants this year which is why they did more interviews. Iā€™ve been waiting since my interview in October and at this point I have no feelings to feel until a decision is made lol

I feel like someone said earlier there was a 12% increase in applicants this year which is why they did more interviews. Iā€™ve been waiting since my interview in October and at this point I have no feelings to feel until a decision is made lol
Agreed. I also had my interview in November and I havenā€™t sent in my fall transcripts until I hear a decision lol.