WesternU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

SmilesForYoo

Dentist
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: ***The Official WesternU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! WesternU is a community filled with professional, resilient, and dedicated dental students! I personally am involved with pre-dental outreach and advocacy! If there's anything that I could do to make your application cycle go smoother, please let me know!

Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
How do you suggest answering the "why WesternU?" question on the supplemental?
Look at what the school offers, what sticks out to you(class size, statistics, clinical experiences, etc), and why that may encourage you to apply. Looking at past threads from students listing their pros and cons can be helpful. Gather that knowledge and let them know why that information makes you want to be a part their program.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have never received supplemental email from western but I submitted one (all paid) via the link in AADSAS but still the status in ADASAS is None.

Is this normal? Or should I have waited for the supplemental email?

Wanted to ask you guys a question in regards to the application.

I have everything filled out, the application on AADSAS and the supplemental. Im not scheduled to take the DAT until August 1st. Should i submit all my paperwork and then email them letting them know when my test date is? I took the DAT in 2018 but the score is horrible lol. I dont want them discarding my application right away. What do you guys think? i appreciate it. (Btw this is my #1 go to school so im really eager to know it all)

Wanted to ask you guys a question in regards to the application.

I have everything filled out, the application on AADSAS and the supplemental. Im not scheduled to take the DAT until August 1st. Should i submit all my paperwork and then email them letting them know when my test date is? I took the DAT in 2018 but the score is horrible lol. I dont want them discarding my application right away. What do you guys think? i appreciate it.
It's great that you filled out AADSAS asap Bc it's rolling admission. I think you should submit them ASAP. Also, there is a section in western's secondary where you can upload files to, Im not sure if they accept unofficial DAT scores through there. Maybe you can let them know about your future DAT schedule via email and as soon as you receive your unofficial DAT score you either send it via email or upload it on secondary.

I have never received supplemental email from western but I submitted one (all paid) via the link in AADSAS but still the status in ADASAS is None.

Is this normal? Or should I have waited for the supplemental email?

I submitted the supplemental and fee the same way you did and my status in AADSAS says "None" as well. Some schools choose to make status updates on their website portal rather than on AADSAS. I recently logged into my WesternU account and it says that they have received all of my materials and my fee. So it's completely normal and I would keep checking in on the website to make sure that everything is done on your side.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted the supplemental and fee the same way you did and my status in AADSAS says "None" as well. Some schools choose to make status updates on their website portal rather than on AADSAS. I recently logged into my WesternU account and it says that they have received all of my materials and my fee. So it's completely normal and I would keep checking in on the website to make sure that everything is done on your side.
Thanks a lot!!

Can someone please describe the grading system at Western and if lectures require attendance and are available online?

Can someone please describe the grading system at Western and if lectures require attendance and are available online?
You probably want to ask the previous year thread for western, as im sure some of them got in... in this thread, we are pretty much all applicants, so like you, we dont know, but once you got the answer, please feel free to post it here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else receive an email stating: "your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn’t reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven’t informed us yet." ?

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else receive an email stating: "your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn’t reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven’t informed us yet." ?
When did you receive that? What does it say on the portal? If you don't mind sharing,

Yes I received this email too!

Hi same^^ I got the Interview invite email but my application status page hasn't been updated yet and I can't find where to select a date..

Reactions: 1 user
Yay congratulations to you too!

No :( I emailed Annica for help, so I'll let you know when she replies back to me!

thanks a lot! keep us posted. And big congrats to you and predentttbear too!

Interview #1 !!! Got the email this morning but the portal hasn't updated yet, I can't find where to sign up for a time slot. I responded to the email asking how to choose a slot

Interview #1 !!! Got the email this morning but the portal hasn't updated yet, I can't find where to sign up for a time slot. I responded to the email asking how to choose a slot
What are your stats if you don’t mind sharing? And congratulations!!!

Congrats to all! can you pls say when did you submit your application?

or fill this out lol
Interview #
School:
Notification date:
Method of notification: Email
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (overall, science):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Dates available OR your interview date:
Method of Interview: Virtual

What are your stats if you don’t mind sharing? And congratulations!!!

Sure! let me know if there's any other info I can provide
Interview #1
School: Western
Notification date: 8/26/2020
Residency: WA (OOS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.49, 3.1 (has since increased with summer courses but that was only verified today, so not reflected here)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/23/29/none
Interview Date: September 4th

Also, the application portal just updated and I was just able to schedule my interview!

Interview #3
School: Western U
Notification date: Aug 26 (Wed)
Residency: MO
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (overall, science): 3.36, 3.36, informal post-bac: 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/19/29 QR 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/4

Interview #3
School: Western U
Notification date: Aug 26 (Wed)
Residency: MO
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (overall, science): 3.36, 3.36, informal post-bac: 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/19/29 QR 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/4
To everyone that recieved an interview today, did you get the email from yesterday that said
“email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn’t reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven’t informed us yet.

To everyone that recieved an interview today, did you get the email from yesterday that said
“email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn’t reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven’t informed us yet.
Yes, I received it on Aug 20th.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats again to everyone interviewing! Just to confirm is the 8am interview start pacific time (11am for east-coasters)?

When I checked for the interview schedule, the only available dates are September 4th and 11th, which I'm not available due to family reasons. I want to ask if the schedule will extend to October or November? Thank you!

I don't think I ever received an email like this

Hi, for the people who received interviews, did you have your academic update already done before receiving the invite?

Interview #3
School: WesternU
Notification date: 8/28/2020
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/2020
Application complete date: 7/25/2020
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.31, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 23/24/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/9/2020

Do you guys know when will the next batch of interview invitation will be sent out?

Do you guys know when will the next batch of interview invitation will be sent out?
The best way to know is to chack the last year thread and find the time interval between invites

My application was completed July 20, but my status still says "None". Is that the case for anybody else? Thanks in advance!