Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30/2020
Application complete date: 8/10/2020
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 24/23/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/9/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

Reactions: 3 users
Where in the applicant portal for Western (not the AADSAS one) does it say our application status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where in the applicant portal for Western (not the AADSAS one) does it say our application status?

Hey, it should be right at the top after you click "open your 2021 application". Mine just said "payment received {date}" until interview was offered. If you get an email about interview, the inteview link will show up at the top of your application.

For those of you that received an interview invite what does your status say on AADSAS?

Does it say: ”Invited for Interview” or “Received/Application Complete"?

thanks in advance!!

For those of you that received an interview invite what does your status say on AADSAS?

Does it say: ”Invited for Interview” or “Received/Application Complete"?

thanks in advance!!
Mine has always been “none”

I submitted my application 6/30 and I received an email on 9/9 that " this email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn’t reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven’t informed us yet"

Interview #4
School: WestU
Notification date: 9/24/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 08/06 (took DAT 07/24 but it took them that long to verify scores)
GPA (overall, science): 3.59 / 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/22/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/06/2020

Super excited!!! Good luck to all! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interview: #1
School: UW
Notification date: 9/24/2020
Residency: WA
Application complete date: 08/20
GPA: 3.15 overall, 3.94 informal post bac
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/20/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/10/2020

I am so excited to have my first interview, especially at my state school! Also, I am a reapplicant.
I am so happy to see you got your first interview! Congrats! and pretty sure this was only the start!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School: Western U
Notification date: 9/9/20
Residency: California :)
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6/20
Application complete date: 8/12/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.70 / 3.76 / 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 / 25 / 20 / 30 / NONE
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/9/20

Good luck everyone! :)

Did only some applicants receive the invite to Dr. Watanabe's zoom meeting today?

Reactions: 1 user
Did only some applicants receive the invite to Dr. Watanabe's zoom meeting today?

I'm pretty sure everyone was invited?? There were attendees asking about pre-dent opportunities, but not 100% sure.

I got a "WesternU App Still with Committee" email today from Western. What does this mean?

Applied in July with solid stats

I got a "WesternU App Still with Committee" email today from Western. What does this mean?

Applied in July with solid stats

I got this same exact email as well. I'm assuming they're still sifting through our applications and we might hear back from them at a later date if we're selected for an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
I got this same exact email as well. I'm assuming they're still sifting through our applications and we might hear back from them at a later date if we're selected for an interview.
I don't know if this means anything but I got an invite to interview shortly after receiving that email back in August. Best of luck to you guys

Reactions: 5 users
Is WesternU still sending out invites? When was the last day that y'all interviewed?

Reactions: 2 users
I keep getting an email from western saying that my app is still with Committee.. This is my second time receiving this email!!

Reactions: 8 users
I keep getting an email from western saying that my app is still with Committee.. This is my second time receiving this email!!

I've gotten that email literally 4 times, and I applied 6/16 and completed the secondary within a week of submitting. I'm def not getting into this school lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
My aadsas status changed to none. Did it change for anyone?

Has anyone that applied mid October heard back yet?

Interview #1
School: WesternU
Notification date: 12/11/2020
Residency: New Jersey
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/28/2020
Application complete date: 10/13/2020
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.5, 3.21
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/15/2020

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations !I got an interview today as well on the same day Maybe I will see you there ha ha !
Interview #1
School: WesternU
Notification date: 12/11/2020
Residency: New Jersey
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/28/2020
Application complete date: 10/13/2020
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.5, 3.21
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/15/2020

For those of you who already had their interviews how was it ? Can you provide some feedback !
Thank you in advance :)

Congratulations !I got an interview today as well on the same day Maybe I will see you there ha ha !
Thank you! Congrats to you too! Good luck prepping! Let me know if you have any tips haha

For those of you who already had their interviews how was it ? Can you provide some feedback !
Thank you in advance :)
The interview is pretty chill, they are all friendly and give u a feeling of being in a family. You interview with 2 people at same time, one faculty or a former student and a current student, it lasts about 30 mins if i remember correctly. The questions are similar to any other dental school interview like why dentistry why wu why california ( im oos). GL on your interview!

do you mind posting ur stats? thank you!
Sure
Non traditional student
Science GPA: 3.67
Overall GPA: 3.75
my DAT score is not the greatest but I think I was able to get a couple of interviews because I have tons of extracurricular activities- publications in 2 research papers, dental mission trips abroad, summer dental enrichment programs, 3+ years of experience as a DA.

• Love
The interview is pretty chill, they are all friendly and give u a feeling of being in a family. You interview with 2 people at same time, one faculty or a former student and a current student, it lasts about 30 mins if i remember correctly. The questions are similar to any other dental school interview like why dentistry why wu why california ( im oos). GL on your interview!
Awesome thank you for sharing this info! Greatly appreciate it. Best of luck to you !

Awesome thank you for sharing this info! Greatly appreciate it. Best of luck to you !
Did you get a confirmation email about your interview yet? I still did not receive one after registering yesterday

Hello future doctors,
I'm a westernu first-year dental student, and we just finished our first semester.
I have to say picking westernU was the best decision I made in 2020.

I remember being in your spot a few months ago, so if you need any help please let me know and I will try to do my best

Good Luck everyone

Hi! Does anyone know if Western will also notify us tomorrow if we have been rejected or waitlisted? Or do you they only notify you if you’ve been accepted?

Hello everyone,
I am a current D1 at Western and just wanted to take a moment to send some encouragement to everyone applying this cycle. Tomorrow will be a life-changing day for many of you and my prayer is that you will soak every bit of it in while celebrating just how far you have come. If you haven't received an interview offer just yet or don't receive an acceptance call tomorrow, please be encouraged: until or unless you hear a "no", you're still in the game and being considered. When it is all said and done, you will end up exactly where you should be. Trust the process. Trust yourself. And know that you are worthy. Sending much love and positive vibes to you all. ✨

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Hello Everybody,

Forum moderator here. As decision day approaches, I wanted to wish you good luck! No matter what happens tomorrow, remember that we are only half way through the application cycle. More importantly, one phone call, or lack thereof, will not verify your worth. You verify your worth everyday by working hard and chasing your dreams. No matter what happens, keep being passionate about what you do and keep smiling. Much love to you all and I will be here for you tomorrow if you need to talk.