WesternU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

There's one on FB group reporting she has been accepted at 7:20 PST via phone call

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
AASDAS will take a few hours to a couple of days to update so don't count on that for acceptance.

it's not even 9 AM here in LA so don't stress about it, it will come at the right time.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask those who get accepted when you guys finished the interview?

Ahh thanks all. I'm starting to lose hope haha

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! Congrats to all who were accepted and to those who haven’t heard yet, please don’t lose hope, you’ll get there!!! Can anyone who got the phone call today remind me what they said about them sending info? I was wayyy too excited in the moment and have zero idea of what they said and can’t remember if they said they would send an email with info or what!
(Btw my AADSAS status still says none and my western app is also not updated with any new info). Thanks!

Accepted via phone call! 11:25 am pacific

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! Congrats to all who were accepted and to those who haven’t heard yet, please don’t lose hope, you’ll get there!!! Can anyone who got the phone call today remind me what they said about them sending info? I was wayyy too excited in the moment and have zero idea of what they said and can’t remember if they said they would send an email with info or what!
(Btw my AADSAS status still says none and my western app is also not updated with any new info). Thanks!
They said they will send an email tonight with information about how you can reserve your seat!

They said they will send an email tonight with information about how you can reserve your seat!
Awesome, thank you! I just haven’t gotten anything yet and wanted to make sure it was nothing on my end lol!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted at 2:18 PST!!! Congrats everyone :)

Reactions: 7 users
wow.. this is my 3rd cycle and after 2 years of rejections, waitlist, and disappointments ... here I am. Happy to say I got the acceptance call around 9:30 AM yesterday.

Sorry for being on the later side to post! Yesterday was huge whirlwind of emotions. It's like this huge weight has been lifted off me.

If I can just offer some advice to anyone that is reading or cares - Don't let acceptances or rejections define you or diminish your self worth. I know it's hard.. trust me after 2 years of wait lists and rejections it takes a toll on you. Figure out what's lacking in your application and work on your weaknesses. Reach out to admissions, look into post-baccs, SMPs, new opportunities to shadow/volunteer, retake the DAT (if needed), and/or start working!

To everyone that was accepted - congrats!!

To everyone still waiting - Don't forget it's a long cycle, there will be movement post Dec. Don't spend too much time on SDN (you will go crazy reading about others haha), but it is never too early to start preparing for next cycle in case things don't work out.

Thank you to all the WesternU dental student on here who have taken the time to post encouraging messages or answer questions!

Wishing everyone the best for 2021!

Reactions: 9 users
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted yesterday and best wishes to those who are still waiting to hear back! All of the incoming D1’s, feel free to join this Facebook group. PM me if you can’t join it!

wow.. this is my 3rd cycle and after 2 years of rejections, waitlist, and disappointments ... here I am. Happy to say I got the acceptance call around 9:30 AM yesterday.

Sorry for being on the later side to post! Yesterday was huge whirlwind of emotions. It's like this huge weight has been lifted off me.

If I can just offer some advice to anyone that is reading or cares - Don't let acceptances or rejections define you or diminish your self worth. I know it's hard.. trust me after 2 years of wait lists and rejections it takes a toll on you. Figure out what's lacking in your application and work on your weaknesses. Reach out to admissions, look into post-baccs, SMPs, new opportunities to shadow/volunteer, retake the DAT (if needed), and/or start working!

To everyone that was accepted - congrats!!

To everyone still waiting - Don't forget it's a long cycle, there will be movement post Dec. Don't spend too much time on SDN (you will go crazy reading about others haha), but it is never too early to start preparing for next cycle in case things don't work out.

Thank you to all the WesternU dental student on here who have taken the time to post encouraging messages or answer questions!

Wishing everyone the best for 2021!
I was wondering if you did a postbacc program and if you could share your stats! I interviewed in September but have not heard back! Im scared because this was my only interview! What do you recommend I should do at this point?

Does anyone know when do we get the financial and housing package? Do we only get it after accepting the acceptance offer?

Hello everyone,
I am a current D1 at Western and just wanted to take a moment to send some encouragement to everyone applying this cycle. Tomorrow will be a life-changing day for many of you and my prayer is that you will soak every bit of it in while celebrating just how far you have come. If you haven't received an interview offer just yet or don't receive an acceptance call tomorrow, please be encouraged: until or unless you hear a "no", you're still in the game and being considered. When it is all said and done, you will end up exactly where you should be. Trust the process. Trust yourself. And know that you are worthy. Sending much love and positive vibes to you all. ✨
Are u a URM or no?

hey Jasmine, I wonder if westrenU has block style ( one exam every 3-4 weeks that covers all lectures from all classes in one setting) or are exams spread out ?
Hi!
We are on the block system. We have an exam about every two weeks for our didactic courses thus far, and a quiz nearly every week in Essentials to Clinical Dentistry (our clinical lab course)

Last edited:
Hi!
We are not on the block system. We have an exam about every two weeks for our didactic courses thus far, and a quiz nearly every week in Essentials to Clinical Dentistry (our clinical lab course)
Thank you so much! I wonder, If someone gets sick of falls behind, what is the policy on making up a class or retaking a test ?

Thank you so much! I wonder, If someone gets sick of falls behind, what is the policy on making up a class or retaking a test ?
There is a remediation option. I honestly don't know much about it, but I do know that it exists. From what I was told at my interview last year, no one has ever been kicked out of the College of Dental Medicine for failing a class which is very comforting. Many schools are very cut-throat about that and it's nice to know that they aren't.

Just rejected my offer from WesternU as I will be attending my in-state school. Good luck to you all! Hopefully someone will be offered my seat very soon! :)

Reactions: 5 users
There is a remediation option. I honestly don't know much about it, but I do know that it exists. From what I was told at my interview last year, no one has ever been kicked out of the College of Dental Medicine for failing a class which is very comforting. Many schools are very cut-throat about that and it's nice to know that they aren't.
@suavity queen There are options to remediate. From what I have seen from my classmates, if you fail, they will assign you a project to make up that failure.

Reactions: 2 users