What are my chances at DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sopiperlacia

Reaction score
Like a lot of other people, I am starting to second guess my chances of getting into a school and am starting to already think about re-applying next year... not sure what my chances are but here are my stats:

NY state
3.72 cGPA; 3.6 sGPA; 506 MCAT (126, 126, 126, 128)
Currently a full time scribe in an Emergency Department
- obtained rec letter from DO
Shadowed MD 200 hours (received rec letter)
Volunteered as a children's program coordinator at a library >100 hours
Biology TA 1 year
Chemistry & Chinese Tutor 1 semester
EKG & Phlebotomy certified
A few sale associate jobs during the summer
2 rec letters from science professors, 1 letter from non-science, 1 committee letter
Member of Asian-American interest sorority - President, VP Philanthropy
Not sure if this matters, but two of my cousins graduated from NYITCOM

Currently I have applied to: NYITCOM, PCOM (both campuses), VCOM, Touro ( NY, Cali, & Nevada), NOVA, LECOM, Rowan, CCOM, and Western at Pomona. Not sure if I should add anymore. Please let me know!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Like a lot of other people, I am starting to second guess my chances of getting into a school and am starting to already think about re-applying next year... not sure what my chances are but here are my stats:

NY state
3.72 cGPA; 3.6 sGPA; 506 MCAT (126, 126, 126, 128)
Currently a full time scribe in an Emergency Department
- obtained rec letter from DO
Shadowed MD 200 hours (received rec letter)
Volunteered as a children's program coordinator at a library >100 hours
Biology TA 1 year
Chemistry & Chinese Tutor 1 semester
EKG & Phlebotomy certified
A few sale associate jobs during the summer
2 rec letters from science professors, 1 letter from non-science, 1 committee letter
Member of Asian-American interest sorority - President, VP Philanthropy
Not sure if this matters, but two of my cousins graduated from NYITCOM

Currently I have applied to: NYITCOM, PCOM (both campuses), VCOM, Touro ( NY, Cali, & Nevada), NOVA, LECOM, Rowan, CCOM, and Western at Pomona. Not sure if I should add anymore. Please let me know!

Thank you!
Chances outstanding.
Consider adding:
UNECOM
UNECOM
KCU
KCOM
DMU

I can't recommend Touro-NY or Nova. Why?
Nova: three of the four last years have declining first-time COMLEX pass rates. They're now at ~85% and on top of this, some 7% of their 2018 grads failed to match. This was the second worst match rate among all the COMs (only WCU did worse). These are things you expect from a new school, not a veteran. Something is very wrong there.

Touro-NY: Poor COMLEX II pass rates; unethical behavior in how they dealt with an overbooking issue two years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Your list is good as is. Make sure you prepare a lot for your interview. Your stats will get you an interview invite, and your interview will get you into the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think things look pretty good. No mention of any research experience. I do like to see applicants who have exposure to osteopathic medicine, family doctor is a DO or family members who are DO's. Something I always look for. Best wishes and good luck!!