What are my Chances for 2018 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhioGuy42

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! This is my first post on here! I was wondering if you guys should tell me if I should apply this coming june!

I have a 3.40 overall GPA, a 3.31 BCP, and a 3.05 science GPA.
4 Strong letters of recommendation, 23 AA on my DAT, and 250 hours of shadowing, 150+ hours volunteering, lots of leadership, but im really scared of my GPA!!

I am new to this and want to apply to a lot of schools but I dont even know where to apply?

Can anyone recommend any schools I should apply to and any info to help?

My science GPA is so low idk what to do! Im so nervous to apply this june but im applying in the first week.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yes, apply. Your DAT is perfect and your BCP is great but your lower sGPA could be a concern. I'm guessing you got some low grades in math classes due to the significant difference in BCP and sGPA. To be safe, take a few upper level bio courses this next spring semester, get As in them, and hopefully that'll budge your sGPA to at least a 3.1 or maybe 3.15-3.2, in which case you'd be good to go due to the compensation from your stronger BCP, very strong DAT, and strong ECs. As for where to apply, apply to most of the out-of-state friendly, private schools in the country. You can't afford to be picky due to the low GPA, so apply broadly, 15+ schools is a good number. Some schools that should be in your list are: NYU, Touro, BU, Tufts, UNE, UNLV, Nova, UDM, USC, ASDOH, Midwestern AZ, Midwestern-IL, LECOM, Minnesota, VCU, Case Western and definitely Ohio State if you're an Ohio resident. Maybe add Iowa and Western. You can add a few more schools if you want, just make sure they're out-of-state friendly and not overly competitive.

Reactions: 1 users
Apply as early as possible (submitting by June/early July will help)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow you guys are the best!!! Thank you so much! I was really starting to lose hope and yup I had a couple math classes my first year that just wrecked me! I really appreciate it!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, apply. Your DAT is perfect and your BCP is great but your lower sGPA could be a concern. I'm guessing you got some low grades in math classes due to the significant difference in BCP and sGPA. To be safe, take a few upper level bio courses this next spring semester, get As in them, and hopefully that'll budge your sGPA to at least a 3.1 or maybe 3.15-3.2, in which case you'd be good to go due to the compensation from your stronger BCP, very strong DAT, and strong ECs. As for where to apply, apply to most of the out-of-state friendly, private schools in the country. You can't afford to be picky due to the low GPA, so apply broadly, 15+ schools is a good number. Some schools that should be in your list are: NYU, Touro, BU, Tufts, UNE, UNLV, Nova, UDM, USC, ASDOH, Midwestern AZ, Midwestern-IL, LECOM, Minnesota, VCU, Case Western and definitely Ohio State if you're an Ohio resident. Maybe add Iowa and Western. You can add a few more schools if you want, just make sure they're out-of-state friendly and not overly competitive.
Thank you so much.

Chances are pretty good, but like the people above said you need to apply early and broadly to as many privates as you can afford. If you want to increase your odds you can take some extra science classes in summer or fall as an informal post-bacc to try an get a 3.1 Sci by the December academic update and show schools improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile