Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My school actually publishes what percentage of the class gets each grade in clinical clerkships in the MSPE. This is common in my understanding, so it gives a context for how hard it is to honor. Do the best you can with this attending in peds, try to be proactive about it.
For the research, I would personally count facial plastics as ENT related, especially if it's more on the reconstructive side of things (although ENTs do cosmetic as well). It might come off as a little plasticy if it was published in a plastics specific journal/meeting, but if pressed you can just say you are interested in ENT and FPRS, and saw an opportunity. I don't know if some attendings/PDs/whatever get nit-picky about it. Research is research, you're doing well.
For the research, I would personally count facial plastics as ENT related, especially if it's more on the reconstructive side of things (although ENTs do cosmetic as well). It might come off as a little plasticy if it was published in a plastics specific journal/meeting, but if pressed you can just say you are interested in ENT and FPRS, and saw an opportunity. I don't know if some attendings/PDs/whatever get nit-picky about it. Research is research, you're doing well.