What are my chances for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RollingStoned

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm an undergrad at a CC. Do I still have a chance for acceptance into med school? (bad ochem, 3 Withdrawals)

My gpa isn't ideal: 3.4 overall, ??? science (I got B's in bio, A's in physics, but C's in both Ochems). I did not do well in Ochem because I am a huge procrastinator. Of course it is a tough class, but unlike physics its not something you (or at least me) can get through by not reading the book and cramming. Also, it's not like I've been super busy while I was taking these courses, I was just goofing off so that might reflect on my transcripts. I know I can ace Ochem IF given another chance. Also, I have 3 withdrawals...from physics, ochem I, and speech of all things lol...
 
So what ill tell you is that its not looking good. But it can be turned around once u go to uni. Not by cramming though, If cramming killed you in community college you will get demolished in most universities. The rigor is much more than community colleges. Also, if you think u can cram the mcat, you will also have horrible score.

Anyways, to do a proper WAMC we need ur MCAT, Extracurricular, state of residence, ethnicity and languages spoken.
Once you have all this, we will be here. SDN is not going anywhere



GOODLUCK!