MD & DO What are my chances in my situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fastandfuranious

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I'd appreciate a bit of feedback on what schools I should apply to, or if I should apply at all next cycle. A little background-- I am a a rising junior, and have an IA which resulted in a withdraw on my transcript (which counts as an F would in a GPA). It was for giving someone else my clicker freshman year. I learned a lot from my experience and reevaluated life/turned it around afterwards. Any feedback is welcome! Thank you in advance.

-3.69 cGPA, ~3.65 sGPA (will hopefully get higher after next year, upward trend)
-515 MCAT (this is what I've been getting on practice tests, so projected)
-work as a TA, ~1600 hours
-research assistant, 700 hrs, 4 poster publications so far and another in the works
-research assistant at a different lab, 500 hrs, 2 posters and a manuscript publication
-healthcare volunteer at a local hospital
-leadership positions in various extracurriculars, two of which I am very passionate about and spend an extensive amount of time for
-over 500 hrs volunteering (clinical and non-clinical), ~100 shadowing
-interesting experiences include doing research on why some populations are underserved (some clinical work involved like taking vitals, etc.) through interviews-- this research turned into the manuscript I listed above-- and being a TA at an inner-city school while still in undergrad.