This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frans_

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken the DAT twice. I completely bombed it the first time with a 16AA, I just retook it and got a 18 AA. This was surprising, I thought I would score a lot higher, I'm unsure of what happened because I felt prepared this time.

However, my lowest scores are 16 in QR and 16 in GC. When I first took it I had a 13 in QR and 16 in GC.
I did earn a 20 in BIO,17 OC, PAT: 18, RC: 21, again, still not the best scores.

My GPA is around 3.3-3.4 (on the lower side)

I plan on applying broadly but mostly west coast schools and submitting my application in a couple days (June 15th).

Any advice? I would retake but I don't feel confident I will do better esp since I was aiming for 20+ this time and used DATBooster and was scoring 20+ on the practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can try applying but any school that will realistically consider you will likely be 500k+ which is not worth it in my opinion.

I think a retake is necessary. What's your state residency?

You can try applying but any school that will realistically consider you will likely be 500k+ which is not worth it in my opinion.

I think a retake is necessary. What's your state residency?
I reside in California!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have taken the DAT twice. I completely bombed it the first time with a 16AA, I just retook it and got a 18 AA. This was surprising, I thought I would score a lot higher, I'm unsure of what happened because I felt prepared this time.

However, my lowest scores are 16 in QR and 16 in GC. When I first took it I had a 13 in QR and 16 in GC.
I did earn a 20 in BIO,17 OC, PAT: 18, RC: 21, again, still not the best scores.

My GPA is around 3.3-3.4 (on the lower side)

I plan on applying broadly but mostly west coast schools and submitting my application in a couple days (June 15th).

Any advice? I would retake but I don't feel confident I will do better esp since I was aiming for 20+ this time and used DATBooster and was scoring 20+ on the practice tests.
fill out a full WAMC template...