This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

frans_

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have taken the DAT twice. I completely bombed it the first time with a 16AA, I just retook it and got a 18 AA. This was surprising, I thought I would score a lot higher, I'm unsure of what happened because I felt prepared this time.

However, my lowest scores are 16 in QR and 16 in GC. When I first took it I had a 13 in QR and 16 in GC.
I did earn a 20 in BIO,17 OC, PAT: 18, RC: 21, again, still not the best scores.

My GPA is around 3.3-3.4 (on the lower side)

I plan on applying broadly but mostly west coast schools and submitting my application in a couple days (June 15th).

Any advice? I would retake but I don't feel confident I will do better esp since I was aiming for 20+ this time and used DATBooster and was scoring 20+ on the practice tests.
 
Last edited:
You can try applying but any school that will realistically consider you will likely be 500k+ which is not worth it in my opinion.

I think a retake is necessary. What's your state residency?
I reside in California!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have taken the DAT twice. I completely bombed it the first time with a 16AA, I just retook it and got a 18 AA. This was surprising, I thought I would score a lot higher, I'm unsure of what happened because I felt prepared this time.

However, my lowest scores are 16 in QR and 16 in GC. When I first took it I had a 13 in QR and 16 in GC.
I did earn a 20 in BIO,17 OC, PAT: 18, RC: 21, again, still not the best scores.

My GPA is around 3.3-3.4 (on the lower side)

I plan on applying broadly but mostly west coast schools and submitting my application in a couple days (June 15th).

Any advice? I would retake but I don't feel confident I will do better esp since I was aiming for 20+ this time and used DATBooster and was scoring 20+ on the practice tests.
fill out a full WAMC template...