What can I do to get in? Undergrad considering DO

Started by Veritas6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't trust anything @Rogue42 says. Accepted with a 494? yeah ok.
Lol watch your mouth bro. Why's that so hard to believe?
I know a whole crew of students in my class who scored sub 500's and have 3.8+ GPA's now and are on track to score 230+ on boards.

I can't blame the frustration though, must kinda suck knowing your step 1 won't get scored...
 
I don’t think I’m as far as an outlier as you think. I go to one of the better DO schools in the country, and we have people with as low as 494 MCATS.

Would I recommend it? No, not even me, because I know it just makes things extremely difficult. But as long as you have a solid app, and can present yourself as a worthy medical school applicant, then you have a chance, and that’s all anyone needs.
URM or ORM?