You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What classes are you taking next semester?
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blank
Last edited:
honors college mission
scientific and technical writing
differential equations
programming methodology 1
programming methodology 1 lab
intro to molecular bio research
17 credits, ECE major
kinda dreading the writing based courses, but hopefully getting some real lab time (both programming and mol. bio labs) will make up for it
scientific and technical writing
differential equations
programming methodology 1
programming methodology 1 lab
intro to molecular bio research
17 credits, ECE major
kinda dreading the writing based courses, but hopefully getting some real lab time (both programming and mol. bio labs) will make up for it
Biochemistry major here! I'm going into my second semester of sophomore year.
I'm taking:
Orgo II
Orgo Lab
Intro to Biochem Lab
Physics II with Lab
An Anthro class called Approaching Death: Culture, Health, and Science
I'm also potentially going to be doing research in a neuroscience lab
Without research I have 16 credits.
I'm so stoked for the anthro class (I'm done with my university gen eds so I get to take the electives I want to take, yay!) and intrigued for Orgo II. I really liked Orgo I, especially the mechanisms.
I'm taking:
Orgo II
Orgo Lab
Intro to Biochem Lab
Physics II with Lab
An Anthro class called Approaching Death: Culture, Health, and Science
I'm also potentially going to be doing research in a neuroscience lab
Without research I have 16 credits.
I'm so stoked for the anthro class (I'm done with my university gen eds so I get to take the electives I want to take, yay!) and intrigued for Orgo II. I really liked Orgo I, especially the mechanisms.
Spring
Orgo 2 w/ lab (4 credit)
Anatomy Physiology 2 w/ lab (4 credit)
Fine arts (3 credit)
sociology (3 credit) [stupid general requirements]
Advanced Nutrition assessment (3 credit masters level class)
Psychology Childhood and Adolescent development (3 credit)
Psych research for no credit
+ a sport
Summer:
2 Core classes (general requirements)
3 credits of psych research
4 credit nutrition class
Major:
Double Major in Biology (B.A)/Medical Science (B.S) with a triple minor in chemistry, psychology, and advanced clinical nutrition
Orgo 2 w/ lab (4 credit)
Anatomy Physiology 2 w/ lab (4 credit)
Fine arts (3 credit)
sociology (3 credit) [stupid general requirements]
Advanced Nutrition assessment (3 credit masters level class)
Psychology Childhood and Adolescent development (3 credit)
Psych research for no credit
+ a sport
Summer:
2 Core classes (general requirements)
3 credits of psych research
4 credit nutrition class
Major:
Double Major in Biology (B.A)/Medical Science (B.S) with a triple minor in chemistry, psychology, and advanced clinical nutrition
Major: Bioengineering
Last semester before graduating! So taking it easy (only technically need 6 credits to graduate). Also done applying to and got accepted to med school so it takes the load off.
Every semester I've taken like 18-19 credits so it will be awesome take fewer credits this semester!
1. Cellular Engineering Lab (3)
2. Systems Pharmacology: Project in Design (3)
3. Orgo Lab (3) (lol yeah I know I left it till the end...but its ok as long as I get it done before matriculating!)
4. Health Policy and Management (3 Pass/Fail) Just taking since it sounds useful and cool.
5. Senior Independent Research Thesis class (3)
Health policy was my jam in UG! It's one of those classes that either you get it or you don't, though. I actually still use my knowledge in my big girl job today (took it in 2008 I believe).
Spring 2016:
microbiology w lab
Precalc w lab (I think. I'll find out Wednesday)
Summer 1: Chem 1 and Bio 1 (retakes)
Summer 2: Calc
I also came out of the NonTrad black hole as I'm bored with the same questions asked over and over again... Work FT while taking these classes and playing in a couple basketball leagues.
Actually I have my entire class schedule laid out until I intend to matriculate in 2018
microbiology w lab
Precalc w lab (I think. I'll find out Wednesday)
Summer 1: Chem 1 and Bio 1 (retakes)
Summer 2: Calc
I also came out of the NonTrad black hole as I'm bored with the same questions asked over and over again... Work FT while taking these classes and playing in a couple basketball leagues.
Actually I have my entire class schedule laid out until I intend to matriculate in 2018
Gen surg (8)
OBGYN (6)
Psych (4)
Neuro (4)
Peds (8)
elective (2)
🙂 Last 2 months of classroom work ever God willing! Good luck to all of you, it gets better! Med school is easier in many ways, for the most part you just get to focus on one big class. Did summer research, head of an interest group, plus another community service abstract, and still have plenty of free time. Enjoy college, don't kill too many brain cells just yet.
OBGYN (6)
Psych (4)
Neuro (4)
Peds (8)
elective (2)
🙂 Last 2 months of classroom work ever God willing! Good luck to all of you, it gets better! Med school is easier in many ways, for the most part you just get to focus on one big class. Did summer research, head of an interest group, plus another community service abstract, and still have plenty of free time. Enjoy college, don't kill too many brain cells just yet.
Bio major:
Biochem 2
Physics 2 w/ lab
Plant science w/ lab
Art appreciation online
(university core curriculum - required for graduation)
For a total of 14 credit hours - looking to take it easy in order to study for the MCAT, I'll still be plenty busy with research and volunteering of course.
Biochem 2
Physics 2 w/ lab
Plant science w/ lab
Art appreciation online
For a total of 14 credit hours - looking to take it easy in order to study for the MCAT, I'll still be plenty busy with research and volunteering of course.
Looking forward to it then! It will be nice and different from all the engineering and math heavy courses I've taken in the past year. The knowledge will definitely help me at some point of time in my medical career.Health policy was my jam in UG! It's one of those classes that either you get it or you don't, though. I actually still use my knowledge in my big girl job today (took it in 2008 I believe).
I'm exploring a potential 2nd major
So cybersecurity
some writing course
and then some basic general eds
very easy semester... Then catch up time in summer where I'll take 2 bio major related courses, not sure yet what I need.
I'm knocking as many general eds as possible and will try to take most of my science sophomore year. Why? I want the stuff to be fresh on my mind ready to transition into upper levels junior year so I do better on the MCAT.
I also don't like the idea of bouncing from Chem to Art 101.. that makes me not like going to class.. I want to bounce from chem to physics, to bio, etc
So cybersecurity
some writing course
and then some basic general eds
very easy semester... Then catch up time in summer where I'll take 2 bio major related courses, not sure yet what I need.
I'm knocking as many general eds as possible and will try to take most of my science sophomore year. Why? I want the stuff to be fresh on my mind ready to transition into upper levels junior year so I do better on the MCAT.
I also don't like the idea of bouncing from Chem to Art 101.. that makes me not like going to class.. I want to bounce from chem to physics, to bio, etc
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted407021
Hopefully whatever med students take.
BS Bio major
Micro w/ lab (5)
Physics 2 w/ lab (5)
Cell bio (3)
Senior thesis (1)
A real job
...wooooooo!
Micro w/ lab (5)
Physics 2 w/ lab (5)
Cell bio (3)
Senior thesis (1)
A real job
...wooooooo!
Bio major. I have a pretty chill schedule 
Biology Foundations 2: 3 credits
Biology Foundations lab: 3 credits
Neuroscience and Society: 3 credits
Intro to Programming (pass/fail): 4 credits
Pharmacology for Pre-meds: 2 credits
Ice skating: 1 credit
Beginning gymnastics: 1 credit
Soccer (2nd half of semester): 1 credit
I also will be tutoring 2 hours a week, and will do clinical research 8 hours/week.
Biology Foundations 2: 3 credits
Biology Foundations lab: 3 credits
Neuroscience and Society: 3 credits
Intro to Programming (pass/fail): 4 credits
Pharmacology for Pre-meds: 2 credits
Ice skating: 1 credit
Beginning gymnastics: 1 credit
Soccer (2nd half of semester): 1 credit
I also will be tutoring 2 hours a week, and will do clinical research 8 hours/week.
Crush itNext quarter:
(4) - Engineering Problem Solving (MATLAB)
(4) - Thermodynamics
(4) - Introduction to the Biophysics of Molecules and Cells
(3) - Pharmaceutical Chemistry
(2) - Research in a Biopsychology lab
Double majoring in Biomedical Engineering and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
My summer classes are undecided.

Physiology + lab (4)
Physics II + lab (4)
Evolutionary biology (3)
Throwaway (1)
MCAT and chill all semester
Physics II + lab (4)
Evolutionary biology (3)
Throwaway (1)
MCAT and chill all semester
Biochem/Molecular Bio major
Molecular Biology
Biophysical Chemistry II (Spectroscopy)
Graduate Chemical Biology
Medical Anthropology
Also going to be filling out AMCAS. Should be a fun semester!
Molecular Biology
Biophysical Chemistry II (Spectroscopy)
Graduate Chemical Biology
Medical Anthropology
Also going to be filling out AMCAS. Should be a fun semester!