What Color SCRUBS should/can MSI students get for anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medgrlsox21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I start anatomy monday and I don't want the typical blue scrubs I want something jazzy but does that make me look like a tool? AND yes I'm female so of course I've actually thought about this. Also where does one get scrubs? :p

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I start anatomy monday and I don't want the typical blue scrubs I want something jazzy but does that make me look like a tool? AND yes I'm female so of course I've actually thought about this. Also where does one get scrubs? :p

I think you meant to post this in ALLO. But, more importantly, why do your classes start in July?

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont know about the tool section but you can get them from Walmart, uniform stores, and medical supply stores. Look up the last two on google maps or yellowpages.

Walmart's are usually super large tho....rarely any smalls at least down here.

doesn't matter one bit.

our school's surgery club had a sale and sold a variety of scrub colors. some people came in with some novelty scrubs they found at medical supply shops (I was a particular fan of the complete Michigan Scrub set for the Michigan/Ohio State weekend). By the end of the year one table had everyone wearing bright nursing scrub tops (the guys in betty boop and so forth). And then there were the people that didn't even wear scrubs and just wore ratty old jeans since scrubs weren't a requirement...

You can typically find scrubs at hospital uniform shops. They are almost always within a few blocks of medical schools/hospitals. If you've got time, you can probably order online or go to a discount place.

I've always liked the look of black scrubs, but with me also being black I would always get the "oooh you wear black scrubs cause your black hehe" joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always liked the look of black scrubs, but with me also being black I always get the "oooh you wear black scrubs cause your black hehe" joke.

Cuz you're the Black Ranger, duh. And white girls wear pink scrubs, asian chicks wear yellow scrubs, and white dudes can choose between green, blue, red or white.

Pick your favorite Ranger.

Haha wowsers and I think I want yellow even though I'm not asian because it's summer? My anatomy actually starts June 9th. It's Upstate so they offer summer anatomy for like 40 or so students. You can do an elective, or shadow or sit on your arse during the year when the rest of the class takes it.

Cuz you're the Black Ranger, duh. And white girls wear pink scrubs, asian chicks wear yellow scrubs, and white dudes can choose between green, blue, red or white.

Pick your favorite Ranger.

Speakin of the power rangers, did yall know that asian chick died? I was on one of my wikipedia binges and read about it a while back. Needless to say I was shocked. :(

Yep, died for not wearing a seatbelt in a car crash. Anticlimactic end to a career of slaying gruesome badguys.

Also, I just realized, according to this picture...there were no black or mexican Power Rangers:
power_ranger1.jpg

Horrible. Where is the representation.

You can technically wear any color and be alright. A guy wearing pink scrubs would look odd unless he got them from shock trauma in Baltimore. But besides that, you can really do whatever you want. A scrub color does not designate you as a tool; its how you act while you have them on that labels you. Also if you wear your scrubs everywhere (small groups, lunch, the gym, etc.) you will also look like a tool.

Yep, died for not wearing a seatbelt in a car crash. Anticlimactic end to a career of slaying gruesome badguys.

Also, I just realized, according to this picture...there were no black or mexican Power Rangers:
power_ranger1.jpg

Err... the yellow power ranger?

Members don't see this ad :)
I like scrubshopper and the online stores. I found them to be less expensive and they stock xs and xxs which I couldn't find in any of the stores.
I had to buy two more pairs of bottoms for work and they only cost me $25 (plus 5 for shipping).

just remember that these things are going to smell and look awful by the end of the course. i personally wouldn't invest much of anything in them seeing as how you probably won't keep them afterwards. even with tons of bleach and hot water, they still smelled awful.

i agree that it is much more how you act in them. it is one thing to wear jazzy scrubs everyday. it is another thing to wear jazzy scrubs and be "that loud annoying girl who always wears jazzy scrubs."

Oh my they have plaid pink scrubs...this could be dangerous

also yeah the yellow ranger and the one behind her looks as though they could have a lil flavor to them? I thought I recalled PRangers being relatively pro affirmative action

power_ranger1.jpg

That's the second cast. In the original cast Zack (who was black) was the Black Ranger and used a battle axe of some sort. And the Yellow Ranger was asian and she used daggers or something...

The colour of your scrubs is extremely important.

Everything in this world is colour-coded. Take SDN, for example. Different donors have different symbols and of different colour! Differentiation is healthy; it breeds healthy competition. Continuing with our example, perhaps the different symbols (of different colour!) indicate the more you donate? In any case, the colour of your scrubs is worthy of being discussed on here.

Err... the yellow power ranger?

She looked to me like just a really tan asian.

But, if that's the second cast, then it makes sense... I thought I remembered from my childhood that they were color coded. Which I guess might be even worse :) [and why they switched things around with the second cast]

That's the second cast. In the original cast Zack (who was black) was the Black Ranger and used a battle axe of some sort. And the Yellow Ranger was asian and she used daggers or something...

None of them are in the original cast. The original cast members are all Japanese. I'm going to go back to hiding under my rock now...

I just ordered some online from this place www.medicalcosts.com They are made in Baltimore and the company is owned by a ER doc. They make good white coats too. They arrived quick and they are really nice. Not a bad price either.

Female Scrub Uniforms:
dickies-scrubs-splash-image.jpg

God I can't wait until Med School :laugh:

Oh and here are the Male Scrubs:
pimp.jpg

scrubs2-19.jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually thinking I may want to try lumberjack scrubs... you know red mountain plaid with the touch of flannel and if only med school/doctoring was like [SCRUBS]...if only

Get any color you want because your Gross Anatomy scrubs are going to end up smelly, greasy and likely material for a bonfire. Most medical bookstores or hospital uniform shops have scrubs or you can order them on line (do a Google search).

Few if any people are going to care what you are wearing or what your scrubs look like in Gross Anatomy. There is just too much to do and too little time to get it done. Unless you walk in nude -even then most people are likely not to notice-I doubt if anyone will care about the color of your scrubs.

Wow, you just blew my mind. Hadn't thought about that show in years and now one of them's dead? Sucks.

Speakin of the power rangers, did yall know that asian chick died? I was on one of my wikipedia binges and read about it a while back. Needless to say I was shocked. :(

I did NOT know this. :( Trini and Jason were my favs in the original cast. (I even had the bookbag.)

I just went on Wikipedia, and Rita Repulsa has passed away as well. :scared:

Yes! I learned about the Trini thing myself last month. I was in complete shock. My brothers and I used to watch the original show everyday and afterwards would go outback and pretend we were Rangers =(.

Dumb girl. RIP.

Wow, you just blew my mind. Hadn't thought about that show in years and now one of them's dead? Sucks.

Wikipedia says that news of her death was overshadowed by the Sept. 11th attacks so that why nobody knew. :(

Female Scrub Uniforms:
dickies-scrubs-splash-image.jpg

God I can't wait until Med School :laugh:

Oh and here are the Male Scrubs:
pimp.jpg

scrubs2-19.jpg

Silly Silly, the male scrubs you are referring to were worn in their residency.....Gotta earn those bad boys :laugh:

Why does it even matter? Aren't you going to throw them away anyway? I wouldn't spend too much on them.

In most cases, scrub color won't matter. But just to be sure you may want to check to see if your school has a designated dress code for lab that mentions anything specific about scrubs. I have never heard of specific color requirements, but I guess it could happen.

And as an aside, wearing those flowery and multi-pattern scrubs will make the wearer look more like a nurse than a med student, which actually would bump you up in the hierarchy really, but still ... ;)

Wikipedia says that news of her death was overshadowed by the Sept. 11th attacks so that why nobody knew. :(

Kinda like Mother Theresa with Princess Diana.

(Yes, I did just sorta compare the Yellow Ranger with Mother Theresa.)