What Dental Schools Should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vdmwx2

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am a Missouri resident Bio major, chem minor 3.50 GPA, 19 AA DAT.

I plan on applying to these schools; any critiques recommendations or ADDITIONS?

UMKC
Lake Erie (FL)
Midwestern (AZ)
U of Louisville
Roseman (UT)
UNLV
Marquette
Creighton
Western


THANK YOU! 🙂
 
Other schools in your neck of the woods:
Minnesota, unless you think OOS is too expensive, or you fear the cold
Check out the OOS fees for Ohio State and Michigan. I seem to remember OSU granting residency after the first year, & Michigan's OOS seemed pretty reasonable from what I remember.
*Sigh* and Iowa, I guess. But go Gophers 😉
 
This should be in Pre-Dent for effective results.
Your GPA is good, and your DAT score is average. How is your shadowing/volunteering?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Other schools in your neck of the woods:
Minnesota, unless you think OOS is too expensive, or you fear the cold
Check out the OOS fees for Ohio State and Michigan. I seem to remember OSU granting residency after the first year, & Michigan's OOS seemed pretty reasonable from what I remember.
*Sigh* and Iowa, I guess. But go Gophers 😉
Yeah I love MN, I even worked in the boundary waters last summer. I was told that MN doesn't accept many OOS except to Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. Have you heard this?
 
Yeah I love MN, I even worked in the boundary waters last summer. I was told that MN doesn't accept many OOS except to Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. Have you heard this?
One of my buddies in my class is from MO. A couple are from CA and IL and MT. I don't think there are any from MI in my class. It is definitely true that a big percentage of the OOS are from WI.