What Dental Schools Should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vdmwx2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a Missouri resident Bio major, chem minor 3.50 GPA, 19 AA DAT.

I plan on applying to these schools; any critiques recommendations or ADDITIONS?

UMKC
Lake Erie (FL)
Midwestern (AZ)
U of Louisville
Roseman (UT)
UNLV
Marquette
Creighton
Western

THANK YOU! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Other schools in your neck of the woods:
Minnesota, unless you think OOS is too expensive, or you fear the cold
Check out the OOS fees for Ohio State and Michigan. I seem to remember OSU granting residency after the first year, & Michigan's OOS seemed pretty reasonable from what I remember.
*Sigh* and Iowa, I guess. But go Gophers ;)

This should be in Pre-Dent for effective results.
Your GPA is good, and your DAT score is average. How is your shadowing/volunteering?

Members don't see this ad :)
Other schools in your neck of the woods:
Minnesota, unless you think OOS is too expensive, or you fear the cold
Check out the OOS fees for Ohio State and Michigan. I seem to remember OSU granting residency after the first year, & Michigan's OOS seemed pretty reasonable from what I remember.
*Sigh* and Iowa, I guess. But go Gophers ;)
Yeah I love MN, I even worked in the boundary waters last summer. I was told that MN doesn't accept many OOS except to Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. Have you heard this?

This should be in Pre-Dent for effective results.
Your GPA is good, and your DAT score is average. How is your shadowing/volunteering?

Shadowing is 110 Hours (plus working in a dental office) and volunteering is hundreds plus a lot of extra curriculars

Thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I love MN, I even worked in the boundary waters last summer. I was told that MN doesn't accept many OOS except to Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. Have you heard this?
One of my buddies in my class is from MO. A couple are from CA and IL and MT. I don't think there are any from MI in my class. It is definitely true that a big percentage of the OOS are from WI.