This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If this highschooler does end becoming an ER doctor, he/she will cringe profusely at having made this thread.

I'm not a high schooler.

Members don't see this ad.

I mentioned the shows only to demonstrate I have an interest. I've watched all of Grey's Anatomy episodes meaning that there's an interest (I know it isn't entirely accurate) and I have seen some of the challanges. They don't necessarily show every step of the way before entering the hospital. I recall how April didn't pass the oral exam and had to retake it the next year. The long hours from Residency and being on call. I did not say that because I watched a show that I want to be a doctor. Included it in the description of the question because that's how I've learned about the field. It's taken me into an OR and the medical world. It was to provide you with an idea before responding.

Those shows have the purpose to entertain and inspire.
I haven't been to the hospital and most of my relatives aren't in the field. I have a family member who is a doctor but he doesn't work in the Hospital.

I mentioned the shows only to demonstrate I have an interest. I've watched all of Grey's Anatomy episodes meaning that there's an interest (I know it isn't entirely accurate) and I have seen some of the challanges. They don't necessarily show every step of the way before entering the hospital. I recall how April didn't pass the oral exam and had to retake it the next year. The long hours from Residency and being on call. I did not say that because I watched a show that I want to be a doctor. Included it in the description of the question because that's how I've learned about the field. It's taken me into an OR and the medical world. It was to provide you with an idea before responding.

Those shows have the purpose to entertain and inspire.
I haven't been to the hospital and most of my relatives aren't in the field. I have a family member who is a doctor but he doesn't work in the Hospital.
You're really not doing yourself any favors.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This forum is literally starting to turn into the worst episode of mean girls. I thought physicians were supposed to be compassionate, empathetic people. If ya got nothing nice to say bite your tongue and move on...this includes the OP and any would be posters. I feel like everyone on this em forum needs and old fashioned spanking/reality check. If you feel the kid is a tool ok, but no reason to feed the beast. If you feel he is sincere than post a sincere response. Golden rule yall!!! And to the OP next time you create a thread maybe take a little more time to formulate your thoughts better so that people aren't left thinking that you're spamming them, and maybe just maybe you'd get better and more inclusive responses!!!

Reactions: 1 user
This forum is literally starting to turn into the worst episode of mean girls. I thought physicians were supposed to be compassionate, empathetic people. If ya got nothing nice to say bite your tongue and move on...this includes the OP and any would be posters. I feel like everyone on this em forum needs and old fashioned spanking/reality check. If you feel the kid is a tool ok, but no reason to feed the beast. If you feel he is sincere than post a sincere response. Golden rule yall!!! And to the OP next time you create a thread maybe take a little more time to formulate your thoughts better so that people aren't left thinking that you're spamming them, and maybe just maybe you'd get better and more inclusive responses!!!
I disagree. There have been plenty of helpful suggestions, and the OP continues to double down and ask for even more basic information. There are other avenues for this information. You don't go to a tech conference to ask general tech support, you shouldn't use this forum for the same. I'm not moving this to pre-allo because none of the other posters deserve to be dragged into that den, but this one has pretty much run its course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
I disagree. There have been plenty of helpful suggestions, and the OP continues to double down and ask for even more basic information. There are other avenues for this information. You don't go to a tech conference to ask general tech support, you shouldn't use this forum for the same. I'm not moving this to pre-allo because none of the other posters deserve to be dragged into that den, but this one has pretty much run it's course.
I agree but that's when people need to stop responding and ignore him

Thank you for your response. I agree:

It's not a big deal. This thread shouldn't have taken this turn... What's the worst that can happen to providing a response. Spamming? That makes no sense.

Thank you everyone! Received very helpful responses. I value your time in responding.

Next time I'll try to improve my questions when posting to avoid any problems. I've written all the information down and am looking into everything. Have a great Sunday :)

Reactions: 1 users