DO What DO Schools are my best bet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eeeeagle!!

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll get right to it.


MCAT:505 on the 2015. but I made a 23 on the old one my first attempt when I took it kind of cold. I had to study for the GRE and that derailed my MCAT studies (I had already registered and then had a change of plan to go to grad school first).

Undergrad cGPA=3.56, sGPA=3.78

Graduate cGPA=3.97, sGPA=4.0

Shadowing:
5 DO's for 50 hours total, I feel like I got good quality experiences out of this and have seen a variety of osteopathic specialties and treatments
2 MD's for 40 hours total

LOR: 1 DO, 1MD, 3 Professors (1- Neurobiology as a grad and Molecular Biology as undergrad, 1-graduate immunology, 1-Graduate Neuromuscular and Advanced Exercise Physiology as well as my graduate mentor/ Graduate research assistant supervisor)

Volunteered:
ER: 90 hours
Endoscopy Unit: 15 hours
ICU: 30 hours so far (ongoing)

Internship at Cardiopulmonary Rehab where I took patient vitals, placed electrodes, a care for patients through their therapy. 70 Hours

**Hired as a medical scribe in a peds office and will start this summer. Will have at least 2 months experience before I apply.

Non-clinical Exp:
Member of exercise science club
relay for life volunteer multiple times
special olympics volunteer multiple times
Mission trip work
coached a childrens soccer team

Research:
Graduate Research Assistant - paid research experience in skeletal muscle function with age.
Graduate thesis work that used molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR
undergrad research assistant
Multiple Research Grants
Poster Presentation as a co-author