This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boise State Bronco

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to dental school in June, so these next 6 months are very important. I have a 3.8/3.9 gpa, I've been shadowing a dentist and plan to shadow others. I worked as a developmental therapist for over a year, I have 150+ volunteer hours with refugees, I work as a biology lab materials assistant, I tutor for statistics and worked as a peer-mentor for general chemistry last semester. I will be a B2 for organic chemistry this semester and start studying for the DAT. What more should I do this semester before I apply? I'm taking a full course load this semester also.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be able to get in pretty much anywhere with that GPA and EC, provided that you do decently on the DAT. The final piece of the puzzle is a solid PS and LoRs. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Go ahead and get your letters ready and write your personal statement. It’s also a good idea to research the schools you want to apply to. Don’t tank your GPA and get a good DAT score and you’re golden.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have/Get a fun, new hobby! Self-care is just as important! :) Congratulations on all your success so far.

Don't work in a lab just to work in a lab; 90% of dental schools don't care about research. Get your letters and PS out of the way ASAP.

You should probably spend all your time studying for the DAT. 1 point on your DAT would probably make a bigger difference than adding dental lab research to the ol CV. Volunteering would be way more beneficial based off the questions I’ve received during interviews.