What happened to DoctorBob?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait , what? That was not a confirmed suicide.

Looking back, I think that was irrelevant. The fact that he willfully advocated for suicide in a thread about being suicidal made a lot of people question whether he was fit to be a doctor.

Looking back, I think that was irrelevant. The fact that he willfully advocated for suicide in a thread about being suicidal made a lot of people question whether he was fit to be a doctor.
LoL is a hell of a drug

Reactions: 1 user
LoL is a hell of a drug
Has science gone too far after weaponizing autism ?

In all seriousness bara was just really young.

Last edited:
Last I heard, he advocated suicide in a thread that an unmatched Caribbean grad made and then the grad committed suicide. Posters threatened to tell the school he was accepted to, so he disappeared.
I never heard this... that's terrible

Reactions: 1 users
Last I heard, he advocated suicide in a thread that an unmatched Caribbean grad made and then the grad committed suicide. Posters threatened to tell the school he was accepted to, so he disappeared.
I thought that was a user on /r/premed. Did the same thing happen first on SDN?

Pardon my ignorance, but how is this the same? There are people who are Hispanic whose native language is not Spanish.
i guess you're referring to portuguese or brazilian? maybe technically they're considered hispanic, but i don't think the majority of either culture identify as such. thus, any person that identifies as hispanic, would be from a spanish-speaking country: Mexico, Central America, South America, some Caribbean countries, or Spain.

i guess you're referring to portuguese or brazilian? maybe technically they're considered hispanic, but i don't think the majority of either culture identify as such. thus, any person that identifies as hispanic, would be from a spanish-speaking country: Mexico, Central America, South America, some Caribbean countries, or Spain.
I know what you're going for, but I still find it funny that you bring up Brazil as a Portuguese-speaking Latin country and then refer to South America as a continent of Spanish-speaking countries.

Edit: Latino/a refers to people from Latin America, which is South plus Central America plot Spanish-speaking Caribbean nations minus Guyana and Suriname.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know what you're going for, but I still find it funny that you bring up Brazil as a Portuguese-speaking Latin country and then refer to South America as a continent of Spanish-speaking countries.
why is it funny? lol it's ONE portuguese-speaking country in a continent that is considered to be "hispanic". that's why i included it my point. you can be south america and not hispanic...i don't think people go that far to describe themselves. i guess a brazilian would just say "i'm brazilian"

edit: grammar and to further my point

why is it funny? lol they're a portuguese-speaking country in that is considered a "hispanic" continent. that's why i included it my point
It's a continent with mostly Hispanic countries, but Brazilian (or Guyanese, or Surinamese) people are not Hispanic unless they have roots in a Spanish-speaking country (or PR, I guess).

It's a continent with mostly Hispanic countries, but Brazilian people are not Hispanic unless they have roots in a Spanish-speaking country (or PR, I guess).
exactly.

and back to the main comment, his last name is spanish. i remember his name.

Reactions: 2 users
I was trying to use the most immature phrase possible to make a point :p
( I stole the phrase from House MD, in case you're wondering how somebody whose young like me can know the phrase)

Last edited:
I was trying to use the most immature phrase possible to make a point :p
lol i think you achieved that! i didn't even think someone as young as you would know that term! hahah must watch old shows/movies:D

Y'all here arguing the finer points of South American cultural diversity, differentiation and heritage . When our Whitehouse just thinks anything south of the border is Mexico.

Reactions: 5 users
Y'all here arguing the finer points of South American cultural diversity, differentiation and heritage . When our Whitehouse just thinks anything south of the border is Mexico.
Well, kids/adults/ young adults aspiring to be Doctors have to have more class than the Truppnefuhrer or we'd be fired on the spot ( or even from Applebees...or Starbucks...or really any menial job we could we working to pay bills while in school, as some people do).

lol true.

SAD.

Reactions: 6 users
Is it not?

Yep.
And all West Asians are Indian and all East Asians are Chinese. Ooooo...and everyone from any African Country is dark-skinned.
Funny point on that, I knew a white guy from South Africa and people always asked him why he wasn't black....

Funny point on that, I knew a white guy from South Africa and people always asked him why he wasn't black....
People always ask me how am I nor Arab/Turkish my skin is so pale and my features look Turkish. Geez, I go to a Turkish Mosque and sometimes people will just start babbling Turkish at me and it's like ".....". Especially since I lost that slight Desi accent I used to have :oops:

Edit: Latino/a refers to people from Latin America, which is South plus Central America plot Spanish-speaking Caribbean nations minus Guyana and Suriname.
So French Guiana counts?

Yep.
And all West Asians are Indian and all East Asians are Chinese. Ooooo...and everyone from any African Country is dark-skinned.
Why so many categories when "the Orient" and "the West" would suffice??/s?

So French Guiana counts?
Yes, and French-speaking Caribbean countries that I forgot about (but apparently French-speaking regions of Louisiana and Canada don't count). I guess it could be defined as any country in the Americas where the national majority speaks a romance language.

I'm pretty sure it includes Brazil.
Definitely includes Brazil. Spaniards and Portuguese are not considered Latino (or Latinx, if you really want to be hip and PC). Most Spanish-speaking Latin Americans identify more strongly as latino/a than as Hispanic (for a number of reasons, the two most important reasons that I am aware of are probably 1. that there isn't really a great word in Spanish for "Hispanic" that is commonly used, so the term "Hispanic" is more commonly used by those of non-Hispanic heritage; and 2. that Latin Americans have an incredibly diverse racial and ethnic background that includes far more than just Spanish ancestry, so many people prefer to identify as latino/a rather than as descendants of Spanish colonists).
TL;DR be nice to people and use whatever term they prefer.

None of this, however, really has to do with where DoctorBobby is now, so we should probably get back on topic.

None of this, however, really has to do with where DoctorBobby is now, so we should probably get back on topic.

Nah, I think it's weird to sit around and discuss someone. Especially in a negative way. Especially if they may see it. That's just me. So, this is one thread I'm happy to participate in derailing. Lol. I don't know what more I can say about Brazilians being Latino though :/

LatinoMap_Edits_3_26_17-01.jpg

/thread

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.