What happened to DoctorBob?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truppnefuhrer

Please refrain from calling him that. The endless association of our elected President with Hitler and the Nazi party is insulting to Jews, particularly those of us who have family who suffered through the Shoah. I don't get offended easily, but that association is ludicrous and marginalizes history.

This has nothing to do with supporting Trump or politics in general.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Please refrain from calling him that. The endless association of our elected President with Hitler and the Nazi party is insulting to Jews, particularly those of us who have family who suffered through the Shoah. I don't get offended easily, but that association is ludicrous and marginalizes history.

Okay, point taken, although I stole that from @Goro so you should also tell him.

I strongly disagree with your analysis. A despot is a despot, and I will continue to call him out as such. Evil is still evil.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Funny point on that, I knew a white guy from South Africa and people always asked him why he wasn't black....
62a1777c58ee2324586d000f1e28e357.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
You guys cover more topics in one thread than a high school textbook, holy moly :rofl:

Reactions: 6 users
I thought that was a user on /r/premed. Did the same thing happen first on SDN?

I think people assumed that baratheonfire (SDN) and maggi noodles (Reddit) were the same person - same GPA, same MCAT, both Indian and notably young. The reddit person was accepted to a few MD schools, so if they're the same person, then I guess everything worked out for him.

Except that since he gave away so much personal information online freely, people found out his real identity. I think some people may or may not have called his future school to tell them about the encouraging suicide post.

NOTE: these are all observations I've made. May or may not be factual. I am not implying anything is right or wrong by this post, just answering the question.

Reactions: 1 user

I strongly disagree with your analysis. A despot is a despot, and I will continue to call him out as such. Evil is still evil.

Alright I don't care about political views because they do not belong here but I'll say the following.

1. Attacks on US presidents should stop. They do not belong on SDN outside the political forums/SPF. It is frankly unprofessional, condescending and disrespectful.

2. We should stop trivializing historical tragedies by using them as casual insults. It is offensive to those who are affected by the tragedy.

That said, I definitely agree with @Matthew9Thirtyfive post above. I have been seeing this behavior repeatedly in the past, and while others find it humorous, I personally think it's rude and offensive and so it should be stopped.

Reactions: 2 users
As a medical student, I have no issue with people making fun of a man who has propagated the dangerous idea that vaccines cause autism. As an applied scientist in training, I have no issue with people making fun of a man who denies climate change. Above all that, I have no issue with people making fun of a man who has relentlessly spewed hate and division at every possible opportunity. Respect is earned, regardless of what position you hold.

As for the original question, it sounds like he was a con artist and left the forum when people figured it out.

Reactions: 5 users
I think people assumed that baratheonfire (SDN) and maggi noodles (Reddit) were the same person - same GPA, same MCAT, both Indian and notably young. The reddit person was accepted to a few MD schools, so if they're the same person, then I guess everything worked out for him.

Except that since he gave away so much personal information online freely, people found out his real identity. I think some people may or may not have called his future school to tell them about the encouraging suicide post.

NOTE: these are all observations I've made. May or may not be factual. I am not implying anything is right or wrong by this post, just answering the question.

Same person

I am Jewish. I have many friends and family who suffered at the hands of Hitler and his monsters. Your casual link of an elected leader in the freest country in the world is disgusting, and I will continue to report you every time you make it.

You can call him evil or a despot all you like. My issue is specifically with dismissing the horror of the Shoah by equating our President and his election to the man who drove the systematic genocide of my people and many other people. I'm not going to derail the thread further, but you really need to grow up a little if you think that's appropriate.

Alright I don't care about political views because they do not belong here but I'll say the following.

1. Attacks on US presidents should stop. They do not belong on SDN outside the political forums/SPF. It is frankly unprofessional, condescending and disrespectful.

2. We should stop trivializing historical tragedies by using them as casual insults. It is offensive to those who are affected by the tragedy.

That said, I definitely agree with @Matthew9Thirtyfive post above. I have been seeing this behavior repeatedly in the past, and while others find it humorous, I personally think it's rude and offensive and so it should be stopped.
As a medical student, I have no issue with people making fun of a man who has propagated the dangerous idea that vaccines cause autism. As an applied scientist in training, I have no issue with people making fun of a man who denies climate change. Above all that, I have no issue with people making fun of a man who has relentlessly spewed hate and division at every possible opportunity. Respect is earned, regardless of what position you hold.

As for the original question, it sounds like he was a con artist and left the forum when people figured it out.
This is what I love about this site. Actual discussion rather than silly name-calling etc. It's home to some of the best "arguments" I've ever read through.

... That being said, I totally understand all sides of this and I'll continue keeping my mouth shut on the issue.

Reactions: 4 users
I am Jewish. I have many friends and family who suffered at the hands of Hitler and his monsters. Your casual link of an elected leader in the freest country in the world is disgusting, and I will continue to report you every time you make it.

You can call him evil or a despot all you like. My issue is specifically with dismissing the horror of the Shoah by equating our President and his election to the man who drove the systematic genocide of my people and many other people. I'm not going to derail the thread further, but you really need to grow up a little if you think that's appropriate.
There's always the Ignore button.

BTW Lawper, I'll respect Der Trumppenfuhrer in the same way he respected Pres. Obama.

I lied. Last post on it.

I agree with you. I don't have any problems with any of that, and I don't have problems with people criticizing our President. I have problems when people marginalizes and dismiss the murder of millions of people and equate an opposing candidate being elected to genocide.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's always the Ignore button

I don't just throw people on ignore, because even though I really disagree with you on this, most of your other posts have real value, and you are a good resource. I don't take one aspect of a person and make that their whole identity.

The people I have on ignore are trolls.

You're right that the comparison is a little insensitive/ extreme, and I respect your views on that ( not trying to go against/ or for Goro's post, just stating my own opinion).However....
Trigger Warning- mentioning the Holocaust and Hitler ideals
However, people have cited the terrifying similarities between Trump and his Hitler-esque ideals. Mike Pence supports conversion camps, and calls himself an " ally to the American Catholics" , literally passing bills that would deny thousands of women health care, and happily stating that Trump is a president for Catholics. Bringing race and religion into politics, completely defying the seperation of Church and State. Blatantly stating that he's a president for Catholics. Saying that he's violating one of our most precious laws.
Trump's demonization of Mexicans and Muslims is part similar to How Hitler demonized Jews/disabled/LGBTQ people, and how he's made Racist/people who discriminate based on religion/sexuality/ place of origin, feel empowered to spread hate and feel like their beleifs are validated/correct.
The surge of hate crimes against Muslims after trump's election rivals only that that occured after 9/11.
You're right, comparing this regime to the Holocoust is callus, to say the least. But people fail to realize how close stuff Trump says is to the very start of the Holocoust, which began with dehumanizing targeted minorities, as well as making someone else the " superior" ( in Trump's case , American white , straight, Catholics, in Hitler's case, Aryans).
Trump has started the hate and finder pointing and blaming and demonization that was at the heart of the holocoust, even if this modern presidency is nothing like the Shoah, that is totally true. I'm not doing to use that term anymore.

Reactions: 3 users
I lied. Last post on it.

I agree with you. I don't have any problems with any of that, and I don't have problems with people criticizing our President. I have problems when people marginalizes and dismiss the murder of millions of people and equate an opposing candidate being elected to genocide.
Fair. I will say that although I personally am not a fan of that kind of rhetoric, I don't really think anybody is literally saying that Donald Trump is as bad as Hitler, even if it comes off that way. Seems more like hyperbole to make a point (I'm sure there's a more eloquent term for that).

Okay, last political comment because this has nothing to do at all with the original post. When you say "opposing candidate," in that last sentence, it implies that critique of Trump is just sour grapes because they support the other party. I'm going to disclose my bias here and say that I usually vote for Democrats (though not always). But I think we can all agree that a great deal of the criticism he receives would not be directed towards other Republicans had they won in the 2016 election for many reasons, and I believe that we all have to recognize that criticism of candidates that we support can be valid and not motivated by partisanship.

Folks, can we leave politics out of SDN main forums and save it only for SPF? I feel the SDN TOS should be updated to reflect this.
Okay, my last post for real, because I definitely should get to bed. I have browsed the SPF and that is clearly not a forum for serious discussion. I think that there are issues that are political (be it current events, potential policy changes, etc.) that are absolutely relevant to premeds, medical students, and physicians. I don't think those conversations should be discouraged if people want to discuss them like adults.

BTW Lawper, I'll respect Der Trumppenfuhrer in the same way he respected Pres. Obama.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Man. That last part laid me out.

People can't "attack" a man that has attacked so many others? LOL, he's definitely unprofessional, condescending and disrespectful.

I hope the people in this country calling for respect simply on the basis of him being an elected leader surely did the same during the previous 8 years when the disrespect was at an all time high.

Okay, my last post for real, because I definitely should get to bed. I have browsed the SPF and that is clearly not a forum for serious discussion. I think that there are issues that are political (be it current events, potential policy changes, etc.) that are absolutely relevant to premeds, medical students, and physicians. I don't think those conversations should be discouraged if people want to discuss them like adults.

If we are discussing policy ideas, there are other forums for that like Topics in Healthcare. But if it involves criticizing administrations on various divisive matters, SPF is the place to go or post on sites besides SDN. Simple as that.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Man. That last part laid me out.

People can't "attack" a man that has attacked so many others? LOL, he's definitely unprofessional, condescending and disrespectful.

I hope the people in this country calling for respect simply on the basis of him being an elected leader surely did the same during the previous 8 years when the disrespect was at an all time high.

Then get involved politically in real life and participate actively in elections and campaigns. Ranting about it on professional forums doesn't accomplish anything and only adds unnecessary polarizing tensions and flame wars.

Then get involved politically in real life and participate actively in elections and campaigns. Ranting about it on professional forums doesn't accomplish anything and only adds unnecessary polarizing tensions and flame wars.

Folks can do all of that at the same time if they choose. Multitasking is ok. You don't find it productive, but others might.

I didn't see anyone ranting, but I get your worries of what can potentially go wrong. I'm sure the mods would shut down any flame wars should they happen.

Did you go this (↓↓↓↓↓) hard in Obama's defense? G.W Bush? Or is this a recent thing?

Lol I spent way too much time finding out what schools he got into was thinking about deferring if it was one I got into as well. His reddit account was just as crazy as his SDN one.

Can we get to the important point :

@mwsapphire are you referring to House MD as old?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
No, but Dr.House himself is a little old fashioned b/c he's older than the rest of the characters ( even the other middle-aged main character, like Cuddy , Wilson, and Taub are younger than House). Like, he was the one who said the phrase " The Hots" when referring to Cuddy.

You're right that the comparison is a little insensitive/ extreme, and I respect your views on that ( not trying to go against/ or for Goro's post, just stating my own opinion).However....
Trigger Warning- mentioning the Holocaust and Hitler ideals
However, people have cited the terrifying similarities between Trump and his Hitler-esque ideals. Mike Pence supports conversion camps, and calls himself an " ally to the American Catholics" , literally passing bills that would deny thousands of women health care, and happily stating that Trump is a president for Catholics. Bringing race and religion into politics, completely defying the seperation of Church and State. Blatantly stating that he's a president for Catholics. Saying that he's violating one of our most precious laws.
Trump's demonization of Mexicans and Muslims is part similar to How Hitler demonized Jews/disabled/LGBTQ people, and how he's made Racist/people who discriminate based on religion/sexuality/ place of origin, feel empowered to spread hate and feel like their beleifs are validated/correct.
The surge of hate crimes against Muslims after trump's election rivals only that that occured after 9/11.
You're right, comparing this regime to the Holocoust is callus, to say the least. But people fail to realize how close stuff Trump says is to the very start of the Holocoust, which began with dehumanizing targeted minorities, as well as making someone else the " superior" ( in Trump's case , American white , straight, Catholics, in Hitler's case, Aryans).
Trump has started the hate and finder pointing and blaming and demonization that was at the heart of the holocoust, even if this modern presidency is nothing like the Shoah, that is totally true. I'm not doing to use that term anymore.

While I don't disagree with all of this, a part of this is a pretty gross mischaraterization, but I don't want to clog up the thread. I'll PM you to continue the conversation. But thanks for being open to change, unlike some people who are apparently incapable of self reflection.

Edit: lol at the trigger warning

Last edited:
Fair. I will say that although I personally am not a fan of that kind of rhetoric, I don't really think anybody is literally saying that Donald Trump is as bad as Hitler, even if it comes off that way. Seems more like hyperbole to make a point (I'm sure there's a more eloquent term for that).

Okay, last political comment because this has nothing to do at all with the original post. When you say "opposing candidate," in that last sentence, it implies that critique of Trump is just sour grapes because they support the other party. I'm going to disclose my bias here and say that I usually vote for Democrats (though not always). But I think we can all agree that a great deal of the criticism he receives would not be directed towards other Republicans had they won in the 2016 election for many reasons, and I believe that we all have to recognize that criticism of candidates that we support can be valid and not motivated by partisanship.

Will PM you.

While I don't disagree with all of this, a part of this is a pretty gross mischaraterization, but I don't want to clog up the thread. I'll PM you to continue the conversation. But thanks for being open to change, unlike some people who are apparently incapable of self reflection.

Edit: lol at the trigger warning
Harry_Callahan.jpg

The only trigger warning I'm aware of...

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.