What jobs make more than doctors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bain first year compensation is like $75k + 20% bonus. You need a top 20 education to even have a chance at landing these kinds of jobs, preferably Ivy league.

It was Ivy League, forgot to mention, sorry.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you kidding yourself? Take a pole of 4th year medical students, and if the didn't go into it for prestige or money, they are LYING TO YOU. That is the BS answer we are trained to give upon entering medical school and during medical school interviews.

Prestige and money matter. If it did not, why is there not more medical students choosing family medicine as a specialty, one that pays a lower amount compared to others.

Let me tell you something: not everyone is you. I am leaving a quality career to enter medical school. I'm already in my 30s and am knowingly giving up a LOT to become a physician and end up with lifetime earnings that aren't much higher than what I'm looking at now. Money has absolutely nothing to do with this. As for "prestige," I'm not really even sure what that means. Doctors don't get much prestige these days anyway.

Are you kidding yourself? Take a pole of 4th year medical students, and if the didn't go into it for prestige or money, they are LYING TO YOU. That is the BS answer we are trained to give upon entering medical school and during medical school interviews.

Prestige and money matter. If it did not, why is there not more medical students choosing family medicine as a specialty, one that pays a lower amount compared to others.

There's a difference in "money matters" and going into it for the money.

If you came out making under 25,000$ a year, no one would want to go through it. The money and prestige are part of it. I DON'T believe anyone who says it's not a factor. But that doesn't mean they did it solely "for the money."

Members don't see this ad :)
Doctors don't get much prestige these days anyway.
I don't know how prestigious being a physician was back then, but since I have been working in healthcare (mid-to-late 2000s), I have noticed that many (if not most people) have high regards for physicians... I just don't know why is that.

Let me tell you something: not everyone is you. I am leaving a quality career to enter medical school. I'm already in my 30s and am knowingly giving up a LOT to become a physician and end up with lifetime earnings that aren't much higher than what I'm looking at now. Money has absolutely nothing to do with this. As for "prestige," I'm not really even sure what that means. Doctors don't get much prestige these days anyway.
You are a better person than me!