what medical schools forgiving of a lower mcat score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strive01

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wonder if there are certain medical schools that are more forgiving of a lower mcat score? say you have an awesome GPA, but your MCAT isnt as high. any advice??

ah sry i messed up with the bad grammer on subject.. i was doing this really quickly

Members don't see this ad.

I was wonder if there are certain medical schools that are more forgiving of a lower mcat score? say you have an awesome GPA, but your MCAT isnt as high. any advice??

ah sry i messed up with the bad grammer on subject.. i was doing this really quickly

It depends on how low the MCAT score is. Are we talking about low 20's?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got a 27 on the mcat and i got interviewed and accepted at 4 schools: university of utah (instate), michigan state university, university of illinois in chicago and morehouse school of medicine. i got some more interviews which i did not go to like at indiana. dont limit yourself to applying only to low mcat schools as long as you have other things to show about yourself that make you stand out.

All schools like good MCAT scores. There aren't any that prefer high GPA like that.

The ones who will accept lower scores are the less competitive ones. The lower the rank, the farther you get from being a US graduate with an MD, the lower the MCAT you'll need.