What percent applied more than once?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How many times did you apply before getting in?


  • Total voters
    35
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hahaha what are ur stats?
3.7 GPA (both)
Bio 20
GC 17
OG 18
PAT 18
RC 16
QR 13
AA 17
URM
Excellent LORs and PS according to 9/10 people (dentist, faculty...)
Research 460
Shadowing 160 (General, ortho, pedo, perio)
Volunteer ~300 (still volunteering with all those organizations)
Everybody likes me (all my professors, dentists I have shadowed, and faculty. "They see something you don't usually see" So, if I interview at at least 2, I'll be fine)
I have been working ~30 hrs each semester while taking 3 science courses plus 2 non science.
Studio Art minor.
 
im actually not bad at math, also not amazing, but I always get B+ and A-
I just ran out of time. I guessed around 18 questions without even having time to read them to make educated guesses.

did you run out of time in the QR on practice exams?
 
its not horrible, ur GPA is pretty good, where did u apply?
If I actually take the DAT again, I'm not taking the break. I think I relaxed toooo much. When I realized I was working slow, it was too late. Look at that RC. I always got 18-23 in datbootcamp. Same with math.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
its not horrible, ur GPA is pretty good, where did u apply?
UCONN (my state school)
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois (MWU-IL)
University of Kentucky
Louisville
Maryland
UNE
Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (MOSDOH)
University of Missouri Kansas City
Rutgers
Columbia
NYU
Touro
University at Buffalo
Case Western
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University
University of Pittsburgh
Meharry
Texas A&M University Baylor
Marquette University School of Dentistry
West Virginia University School of Dentistry
 
I thought the math was the worst section , so annoying, many things I could have done had I had a decent calculator or an extra 2 min, didn't run out of time but still it was my worst section...
Actually I think they fixed the calc. My didn't have any delay. I just took it last Monday. I was actually scheduled for May, but they rescheduled me because the week of my exam they were going to do some maintenance. I figured that they fixed that.
 
you've got some decent shots at some of these schools, I wouldn't be surprised if you got some interviews/acceptances being how ur GPA and other app stuff is good
Which ones would you take out (without taking out UCONN or Columbia)
 
buffalo unless youre from ny cause its pretty selective, and texas unless youre from there for the same reason, Columbia and Uconn will also be tough
I actually only have Texas there because I know they accepted someone QR 12 last year lol. But he is a Texas resident. So, I might take it out. (UCONN also accepted a QR 13 two years ago; Columbia is just my dream 🙁)
 
Oh I see , yeah uconn is also incredibly selective , and yeah Columbia is a pretty special place , best interview I had by far


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
How many cycles ago did you apply? Where did you decide to go?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad