What should I do for post-bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted932896

So I have been contemplating on what I need to do after graduating. I am needing to improve my chances for getting into medical school and I have three options. 1. Attend Duquesne's formal post baccalaureate pre-med program for 60,000 dollars a year (it was the only one I could find that didn't need an MCAT), pursue an online masters in pharmacogenomics, or complete another bachelors in Biology w/ minor in chemistry at the school I just graduated to take advanced biology and chemistry classes, sort of like a DIY post baccaleaureate. I graduated with a BS in Health Education with a 3.525 cGPA and a 3.3 sGPA and have not taken the MCAT yet, I was planning on taking it next march. I have 3,000+ clinical hours for working as a inpatient patient care technician, 450 volunteer hours, and around 125 hours of shadowing 12 different specialties. What would be the best option? I am needing to make this decision very soon and kind of freaking out.

Members don't see this ad.

No point thinking about an SMP or DIY Post bacc before taking the MCAT, esp if you have met all the pre-med requirements.
Study for this exam like a fulltime job, take it when you're ready. With a good score, 500+, you should be fine for a DO school.

Your GPA is fine for most DO schools. Get a 502+ MCAT and you'll get into some DO school.

Do not take MCAT lightly, it is the key to you getting int or not - study for months and months and never take until you hitting practice scores of 504+

No point thinking about an SMP or DIY Post bacc before taking the MCAT, esp if you have met all the pre-med requirements.
Study for this exam like a fulltime job, take it when you're ready. With a good score, 500+, you should be fine for a DO school.
Thank you! I’m also applying to MD schools and the reason I was think of doing post bacc anything was to increase science GPA to be at least competitive for them. I have only taken the pre reqs, no advanced biology/chemistry classes and was wanting to do this to become more competitive in the allopathic schools.