What sneakers do you wear in the ED?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perfect Hair Day

Grapes of Wrath, Chocolate Ice Cream, Johnny Cash.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aloha, just curious. I'm a fan of high-top basketball shoes and Chuck Taylors if I'm going to be on my feet for a long period of time. Thought this would be a fun thread.

Members don't see this ad.

generateImage

Super lightweight.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Too loud for the ED?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 12.31.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 12.31.02 AM.png
    556.8 KB · Views: 139
La Sportiva trail runners

rockports - have yet to find a shoe more comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
generateImage

Super lightweight.
Are they really as great as they seem? I'm intrigued, but put off by the sole (mostly because I find weird soles to be kind of unstable). Their US headquarters is 4 blocks from my office and right next door to my favorite brewpub, so I see them "often" (OK, fine...nearly every day). I might just go for it on a pair, although I love my Brooks Ghost's and will probably never buy another pair of Nike or Adidas shoes.

rotate between under armor and dansko clogs.

Are they really as great as they seem? I'm intrigued, but put off by the sole (mostly because I find weird soles to be kind of unstable). Their US headquarters is 4 blocks from my office and right next door to my favorite brewpub, so I see them "often" (OK, fine...nearly every day). I might just go for it on a pair, although I love my Brooks Ghost's and will probably never buy another pair of Nike or Adidas shoes.

The only drawback that I have encountered thus far is that they do not stand up to moisture at all. I learned this the hard way taking my doggo out before a six a.m. shift. The Florida dew made them unwearable for 2 days.

Adidas Samba Classics

The only drawback that I have encountered thus far is that they do not stand up to moisture at all. I learned this the hard way taking my doggo out before a six a.m. shift. The Florida dew made them unwearable for 2 days.
The Brooks' are the same. But I've got plenty of waterproof shoes already since I live in the PNW.

Delta force

Attachments

• 20180615_200016_HDR.jpg
    20180615_200016_HDR.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 144
Birk clogs, resoled x 3

In the Spring and Summer, I always wear skecher relaxed fit slip on shoes. Super lightweight and unbelievably comfortable. This is what I wear now:

65086_GRY.jpg

During football season, I go with these nike free runs:

77-31-with_logo_3_-_white_background_resized.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
0d189237-b182-45c1-b600-a1009eb48afd.jpeg

I wear Salomon's. True, they are trail running shoes probably not ideal for the ED, but they support my arches and they also have these kevlar drawstring shoelaces they stay tucked in nicely and don't get covered in bodily fluids or get caught in stuff that makes me end up tripping

The idea of wearing clogs or anything other than sneakers in the ED horrifies me.

I run in Saucony, but spend my ED time in Merrill Mocs. Yes ugly, but utilitarian and vomit proof. (I don't do thoracotomies, but have been known to make a hell of a mess with a thoracostomy.)

merrells brah

usually im wearing nike air max's. just really comfortable and survive A LOT of time on my feet.

Recently just got two new pairs, both non nikes. just to branch out.

Black Pumas for my black scrubs
7445_183708_1.jpg

and gray levi high tops for my gray scrubs
bcf00e59c81af7335f744ebc7545cdae--murals-levi.jpg

both are plenty comfortable too.

When I was on training I was afraid of getting nice shoes dirty so I rocked Crocs that I would chuck in the trunk of my car at the end of the day.

usually im wearing nike air max's. just really comfortable and survive A LOT of time on my feet.

Recently just got two new pairs, both non nikes. just to branch out.

Black Pumas for my black scrubs
7445_183708_1.jpg

and gray levi high tops for my gray scrubs
bcf00e59c81af7335f744ebc7545cdae--murals-levi.jpg

both are plenty comfortable too.

You’re too old and not cool enough to wear these.

+1 on the Hoka's, love them

Allbirds, wool runners and tree bird loafers. All day feather-light comfort.

Crocs Bistro- Not winning any fashion awards, but the completely sealed plastic/ rubber shoe is easy in the ED. Covered in blood, vomit, urine, etc? Purple wipe it and done.

It was necrobumped by a spam account that was shilling some garbage shoe. That post got deleted and the account banned, but not before NYEMMED chimed in having seen the post rise to the new list.

Lol. Had me fooled.
I mean, good footwear can be a huge bonus on a shift.

Birk Bostons. Currently riding a wave of hype on TikTok, so I've actually been on the bleeding edge of fashion for almost a decade now.

It was necrobumped by a spam account that was shilling some garbage shoe. That post got deleted and the account banned, but not before NYEMMED chimed in having seen the post rise to the new list.
Great, now I look like a NecroBumper hahaha

ECCO shoes. They are expensive and worth not only every penny, but every nickel and dime too. Also I deduct them as a business expense because I use them exclusively for work.

837514-01001-outside.jpg

ECCO shoes. They are expensive and worth not only every penny, but every nickel and dime too. Also I deduct them as a business expense because I use them exclusively for work.

837514-01001-outside.jpg

Warning: Tangential.

I'll have to look at some of these.
A few years ago, I bought a pair of ECCO golf shoes.
They were fantastic. Solid brown. Classic look. The soft, Danish leather kissed my feet
I got so many years of wear out of them.
But, like all shoes - they had a limited lifespan, and the Florida sun/heat is not kind to golf shoes.
So, I went looking for a similar pair recently.
Forget it. The style of golf shoes has changed so radically.
I went to three different big-box golf stores trying to find something uniform and classic and was left saying: "Look, it's golf. It's not a game of pickup basketball. Stop it with these street-styled golf shoes."

Reactions: 1 users