What time does your mail come?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine just got here. Uhh...its 7:30 at night. It usually comes around 6 o'clock. does anyone else find this ridiculous?
-mota

Members don't see this ad.

hmm, this is actually an interesting question

Our mail comes mid-day (really, usually about 12:15 pm). When I was growing up it always came around 3. It just depends on where you are on the route. It'd be interesting to get mail at like 9 am. But 7:30 pm is a bit extreme, I agree.

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor dead of night will keep the mail from getting to gdbaby's house before 5:30 pm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mattlock said:
always before noon

do you slip your mailman money or something?
-mota

DaMota said:
Mine just got here. Uhh...its 7:30 at night. It usually comes around 6 o'clock. does anyone else find this ridiculous?
-mota

My mail carrier likes to take my mail on a tour of my neighborhood before he gives it to me.... and then, after he has deposited my mail in my mailbox and disappeared off into the night, yes I said NIGHT! What is this? He reappears to insert a few straggling pieces of my mail that must have just escaped his field of view the first time around...he does this regularly! Moreover, sometimes more than once...I have one word.... SCARY!

Doesn’t this guy sort any of this stuff BEFORE getting in his truck? And the way my neighborhood is set up all the streets have the same house numbers in the same spots, just different names, so the people on the very end of the west side of every street have my house number…. WHO IS GETTING MY INTERVIEW INVITES? The 90-year-old lady two blocks down from me? :scared: :eek: :mad:

Interesting question. Mine usually comes around 2:30 in the afternoon and everything is fine until Saturdays. On Saturdays, the guy sometimes comes after 7:30 pm. 7:30 pm I said. Can you believe this? And it's a different guy! What is going on? This is crazy. 7:30 PM. It's completely dark.

Wow, some of you guys are laaate! And a couple are early. Mine comes around 1:00pm.

my postman comes around 1 but i don't get word of mail until my parents get home from work around 6. :(

Around 3:00pm, although this past Saturday (after Veteran's Day) it didn't come until about 7:30pm.

DaMota said:
-mota

thats freakin crazy.

i knew i would hate it in california ;)

my mail comes at around 4pm, and i always thought that was CRAZY late.

my parents' mail comes at around 11am-1pm.

../

about 4:30 pm

which is actually perfect timing w/ when my dad gets home...so i've been calling everyday at about this time or a little later

Members don't see this ad :)
TimmyTheWonderD said:
WHO IS GETTING MY INTERVIEW INVITES? The 90-year-old lady two blocks down from me? :scared: :eek: :mad:

haha, wow that is scary....let's hope he doesn't single you out for personal reasons..... :scared: x 100

i live in a loft above a clothes hanger manufacturer and an industrial remodeling company....owned by a consulting firm that specializes in bio-remediation.....anyways, tmi....we get our mail between 10-11am...but i leave for my lab before the guy gets here and come home after the company closes....so i get the previous day's mail when the rooster crows (if we had a rooster).

I get mine at about 10 a.m. I heart my mailman. :)

mine comes about 3pm on weekdays and about 1pm on weekends...not sure why there's a difference...

My mail comes anywhere from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. Once, I got a package on Sunday.

I am redefining mail as any medical school information, not including Caribbean podiatry schools. With my new definition, the mail never comes.

Mine comes at 4:30 pm. Not that it matters; I havent received any invites via snail mail, they've all been emails. Although I would happily accept a snail mail invite! (hint, hint: Tufts, OHSU! Hurry up already!)

dang. I haven't even gotten podiatry junk mail. Nor carribean junk mail. Maybe they think I'm a shoe-in for med school!!! yeah! that must be it! :)

My mail comes around 1:30 pm. Any day without rejections in it is a good day. :D

wow ur mail comes late!
i have a po box and the mail comes at 11am :D

BasesofHumanity said:
Interesting question. Mine usually comes around 2:30 in the afternoon and everything is fine until Saturdays. On Saturdays, the guy sometimes comes after 7:30 pm. 7:30 pm I said. Can you believe this? And it's a different guy! What is going on? This is crazy. 7:30 PM. It's completely dark.
It's a different guy because the weekday mailman probably takes Saturdays off. The replacement probably has his own mail route to deliver and then takes your mail afterwards.
My mailwoman is pretty good at getting the mail to my place before 3:00. Not that I would know because I'm not there when she delivers it.... My mailbox has this little yellow flag on the door that tells me gets pulled up if it's been opened. Once I get my mail I just flip it back down. I didn't think of it, but I can buy with the best of 'em. It's really clever and I've always wondered why other people don't have one.