This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premed332

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am graduating a year early and am planning on taking two gap years before (hopefully) matriculating into medical school. I am currently deciding between applying to some kind of master's or special masters program (not looking for post-bacc) or working. Ideally, I would be working in clinical research as a clinical research coordinator. However, I am open to other experiences as well! I would love to hear from those who have done a gap year or two and what you did or what you wish you did.
Thanks!
 
I am graduating a year early and am planning on taking two gap years before (hopefully) matriculating into medical school. I am currently deciding between applying to some kind of master's or special masters program (not looking for post-bacc) or working. Ideally, I would be working in clinical research as a clinical research coordinator. However, I am open to other experiences as well! I would love to hear from those who have done a gap year or two and what you did or what you wish you did.
Thanks!

It really depends on your GPA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think under 3.2, maybe SMP (depending on the rest of your app), under 3.0, definitely SMP. That's my opinion though.