what year to get pregnant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, abortion talk, polygamy talk, and religious talk are all fine, but talk about high school? Nooooooooo, you've crossed the line then! :laugh:

I will have you all know, that I once was one spelling bee away from the national championship (when I was 12)....And, I also (when I was 11) was rated thad the 7th best basketball shooter in California. Discuss!!

Members don't see this ad.

I will have you all know, that I once was one spelling bee away from the national championship (when I was 12)....And, I also (when I was 11) was rated thad the 7th best basketball shooter in California. Discuss!!

In that case, I want to see you and Mike play a game of one-on-one.

One time in 11th grade (when I was 17), I did not study for an AP Chemistry final, and got a 98!!!!! Discuss....

Members don't see this ad :)
One time in 11th grade (when I was 17), I did not study for an AP Chemistry final, and got a 98!!!!! Discuss....

I never took any AP classes. Seemed like a waste of time since most pharmacy schools don't accept them anyway.

I got straight Ds/Fs in AP calculus, didn't even know what a derivative was until April, studied hard for a couple of weeks, and got a 4 on the AP exam.

To this day its my greatest accomplishment...

Are you really that pissed off that a thread that got as off-topic as this one got around to Regents exams?

I am having a legitimate discussion about how sweet I was as a preteen/teenager.....I would like to see if people can beat my AP Chemistry final score, as long as they keep it in the context that I DID NOT study for it.

I never took any AP classes. Seemed like a waste of time since most pharmacy schools don't accept them anyway.

You were too busy with the ever important, life altering, career catapulting, Regency exams??

I am having a legitimate discussion about how sweet I was as a preteen/teenager.....I would like to see if people can beat my AP Chemistry final score, as long as they keep it in the context that I DID NOT study for it.

On the other hand, I'm so much of a loser that my life's greatest accomplishment happened when I was 17. Been downhill since, I figure.

They were free. Why pay $75 for something I'll never use or need?

I don't think I paid anything for the stupid tests I took as a teenager......my point is, I have never been compelled to talk seriously about them a decade later, free or not...

I don't think I paid anything for the stupid tests I took as a teenager......my point is, I have never been compelled to talk seriously about them a decade later, free or not...

My school charged for them, but then again, my high school has been run into the ground ever since 2002 by poor money handling and incompetent faculty frequently coming and going.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised it came up, but Kirby mentioned her Regents, so I just counterpointed by mentioning how much of a joke they are.

Regardless, I still want to see you and Mike play a game of one-on-one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got straight Ds/Fs in AP calculus, didn't even know what a derivative was until April, studied hard for a couple of weeks, and got a 4 on the AP exam.

To this day its my greatest accomplishment...
I got a 99 on a fill-in-the-blank Philosophy final.

I never got less than an A on any of my artwork in high school.

Love this thread, impossible to keep up with though haha.

I don't understand why theists are always trying to rationalize their beliefs in a god. I believe in god but accept that it is not supported by logic.

Don't get me started on that A/B crap, I could shoot about that debacle all day. But that aside, having taken every available Regents except for French, I found the Regents exams to be laughably easy. I never studied for a single one, and I got high A's on all of them (Math A-97, Math B-97, Biology-94, Social Studies-96, Spanish-98, Physics-94, Earth Science-97, English-98, US History-93). I don't care how smart you are, something is wrong when you don't feel at all challenged by a state standardized final.

I got a 75 on the Chemistry Regents, but I also missed 68 or so days that year and did no studying for it whatsoever. So, for having missed 1/3 of the material, that wasn't the worst thing that's ever happened to me.
What year did you take Physics??? 94?? I took it the year 75% of the city failed the Physics Regents because they changed it (2002).
You must be way younger than me. :hungover:

So, abortion talk, polygamy talk, and religious talk are all fine, but talk about high school? Nooooooooo, you've crossed the line then! :laugh:
HAhaha I know.

This is no lie...my art teacher from back in 7th grade told me I'd grow up to be a burger flipper.

I can barely draw stick figures. As we all know.
Maybe your art teacher was trying to push you with a lil' tough love. :p

:claps: There you go.

This is no lie...my art teacher from back in 7th grade told me I'd grow up to be a burger flipper.

I can barely draw stick figures. As we all know.

My lowest grade in high school was in ceramics. Somehow, I'm kind of proud of that... It sucked as a class.

What year did you take Physics??? 94?? I took it the year 75% of the city failed the Physics Regents because they changed it (2002).
You must be way younger than me. :hungover:

Took it in June of aught-five.

Don't feel bad. Most middle school art teachers are voids in society.

You're lucky I like you, otherwise I'd have countered with "awww you're a b****! :)" But yes, I am indeed a yout', merely 20.
Damn son that's just cold.

What accent are you trying to produce with yout' and aught?

All this highschool nostalgia is bringing back the ghetto poser in kirby :rolleyes:

Damn son that's just cold.

What accent are you trying to produce with yout' and aught?

Well, it's true. My middle school art teacher was flat out ******ed. The fact that nobody in my high school considered art as a career choice speaks volumes about how miserable her class was. Sharon Bartell, if you can read this...**** you.

No accent, several of my friends and I regularly use yout' and aught in everyday vernacular.

Rolling Rock is really good beer.

Well, it's true. My middle school art teacher was flat out ******ed. The fact that nobody in my high school considered art as a career choice speaks volumes about how miserable her class was. Sharon Bartell, if you can read this...**** you.

No accent, several of my friends and I regularly use yout' and aught in everyday vernacular.

Rolling Rock is really good beer.
Interesting.

Speaking of random mention of beer, ever been to Beer Garden in Astoria? Lots of imports.... that I can't enjoy. :hungover: I only like Coronas.

I didn't study for the SAT and got a 1410 (back when it was two sections). Which is better?

I didn't study for the SAT and got a 1410 (back when it was two sections). Which is better?

Wow! 1410!! I'd say they two are equally impressive. Chemistry was my WORST subject in high school.

Oh, and Kirby! I think we graduated high school the same year, and I remember that Physics regents exam! The passing score was super low because they made it the most difficult exam ever.

KirbyPuff ~ Sherri Shepherd
SHC1984 ~ Elizabeth Hasselbeck

I have not. I usually just go to Wal-Mart or Wegman's. My beers of choice are readily available at either location.

I'm sorry to hear that.
Don't be, Coronas are easy to find, plus, I don't like it with the lime in it. Hmm.. Do you think we're stumbling other Christians? For the record, under age consumption of alcohol in NYS is not explicitly prohibited. By going to Wal-Mart you mean with your guardian, right? :rolleyes: No need to confess to illegal deeds here. Damn, when I was under 21, I used to be a freakin lawyer with regards to under age alcohol purchase/consumption/possession. I memorized all the states with all the lax rules and planned vacations accordingly lol.

Damn it ficklepickle, famous names again.
Oh I love Sherri thank you. YOU WATCH THE VIEW????:laugh: well enough to compare characters apparently. I have no clue what kind of opinions Sherri has about anything on the View, but I love her sassy/quirky character on 30 Rock.

EDIT: OMG. you bastard. sherri is an idiot lol. But you watch the view. I win.

Last edited:
Wow! 1410!! I'd say they two are equally impressive. Chemistry was my WORST subject in high school.

Oh, and Kirby! I think we graduated high school the same year, and I remember that Physics regents exam! The passing score was super low because they made it the most difficult exam ever.
OH, they lowered the passing score? I don't remember, so if someone got below a 65, did they have to retake it?

So rich kids think it is cool to act like they are poor? Damn. Should have given me a call. I'd have switched you places for a few weeks.
My family was poor when I was in high school. Don't get it twisted. Life goes up and down. I was a poser because, oh who the hell wasn't a poser in high school? Baggy sweats and Timbs much? :rolleyes:

Damn it ficklepickle, famous names again.
Oh I love Sherri thank you. YOU WATCH THE VIEW????:laugh: well enough to compare characters apparently. I have no clue what kind of opinions Sherri has about anything on the View, but I love her sassy/quirky character on 30 Rock.

EDIT: OMG. you bastard. sherri is an idiot lol. But you watch the view. I win.

ya.......it's great! i usually like it when they talk about politics.

joy behar turns me on. indifferent to whoopi. want to bitchslap everyone else.

That's all relative. If your parents bought or gave you a car to drive, I consider you a rich kid...that's my Mendoza line.
WOAH. I did not get a car until way after high school. And I got my mom's used honda. In high school, we were $100,000 UNDER from medical bills. Is that relatively poor enough for you? I had free lunch and fee waivers for everything. I guess I'm lucky to have been poor in America though, because of all the safety nets we have to help those in need who work hard be able to bounce back. I love America.

Side Note: Happy Independence Day:)

Why? I hate working with them, too. They chose to be pregnant, yet I'm expected to make concessions for them. If I went and had elective cosmetic surgery, would I get the same concessions a pregnant woman would get? Hell no. Pregnancy is elective, too, yet people treat it like its a necessity.

Then after they have the thing, you are expected to make due for 3 months with temp workers while they take their maternity leave. This means you are there with a pulse with a license while the universe crumbles around you. And they ALWAYS have them near the end of fall. Just in time to miss the hell months of hospital pharmacy practice. And if not then, it's during the Summer so it ****s up everyone's vacation time. Plus I have to pay taxes to pay for their children to receive an education...them having children makes my insurance premiums higher...AND not only that, the majority of people going into pharmacy are woman...and the type of women that apparently like having 3 bloody children...in a row...and at the same time as each other.

I swear to god, when I'm a director, I'm only hiring men, hermaphrodites, women that are sterile, post-menopausal women, and women who hate children like they hate men that leave the toilet seat up.

So...no...pregnant women get nothing from me. They are annoying. They slow down pharmacy practice and make other peoples' lives harder because they want a baby. The exception are the type that work until the pregnancy, have the thing, then come back like a week later. I'd be cool with that. They don't screw up everyone else's world for months. And, yes, I know I'm an "*******" and my opinions are "abrasive"...we've established that.

THANKFULLY...my current pharmacy is nothing but men, older women, and people who have already had "all their babies" so it's not going to affect me for now. But my last job...good god. There were 3 pharmacists...all women in their late 20s/early 30s...all baby factories. At one point, two of them were on maternity leave and the other was 8 months pregnant. It was complete and utter madness.

On the other hand, if I moved to a big city, I could make a fortune if I learned everyone's computer system and became the designated "maternity replacement pharmacist" in town. Especially being that the profession is become woman-dominated. Hmmm...where there is a problem...there is an opportunity...

Ok, feminists, come tell me I'm a misogynistic *******...even though I'm right...

Too bad you feel this way... someone gave birth to you at a point in time...
All the same, you are entitled to your opinion. But then, thank goodness not everyone thinks like you do.

If you think money is wealth, you have no concept of what wealth is. Read more about my friend Ben Zoma...

If you think money is wealth, you have no concept of what wealth is. Read more about my friend Ben Zoma...

Money alone isn't wealth, Its money + TIME TO SPEND THE MONEY = Weatlh. I know a lot of people with money but no time to spend it...that would suck just as much as being poor. :(

awwww....thank you! :oops: The Look for Less is my second favorite show. Next to America's Next Top Model. :D
Have you seen Confessions of a Shopaholic? Now that girl reminds me of myself when I was a teenager.

Money alone isn't wealth, Its money + TIME TO SPEND THE MONEY = Weatlh. I know a lot of people with money but no time to spend it...that would suck just as much as being poor. :(
Agreed.