what year to get pregnant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I do NOT believe god made everything. I consider myself a scientist, and believe that all physical phenomena in the universe can be explained by a rational scientific law (maybe not ones we can discover or comprehend yet, but that they are out there).

Then you are Agnostic too.

Members don't see this ad.

You should not have sex before marriage. I beg you don't. If you are already married, ask your chinese teller to make a day for your child.

Well, depending on who you ask, my parents don't really speak English, either.

Bitch, I'm Scots-Irish Appalachian. You have no idea what you are talking about. I wish I was white. Like Irish white...or Italian white. Or, if fate were so kind, Anglo white. Ulster Scots-Irish? We are the most hated people in the country outside of the Muslims and Mexicans. Arguably more hated. With the start of affirmative-action we officially became the ethnic group that had the hardest mountain to climb. At least minorities have liberals taking up their cause. If you tell a joke centered around an ethnic slur concerning Latin folk, Asian folk, or Arabic folk, it will at least piss the P.C. people off.

But hilljacks? It's still perfectly fine to call me an ignorant bumpkin. Incest jokes and telling me my people can only count to 14 is perfectly fine. It's still worth a chuckle. But if I told a joke about a black dude eating fried chicken, I'd probably get banned. I still crack up when I go to the Northeast. I'll walk down the street in Philly and stop for directions. The second they hear my accent they start speaking R E A L L Y slowly like I am barely intelligent enough to have a grasp on the English language. See the Jim Webb quote in my sig...yup..cannon fodder for the military for years...the butt of every joke there is...we are subhuman trash...and we always will be...

And Asian? ****. What stereotypes do they have. Good in Math? Loyal workers? Oh, you poor ****ing ethnic group. Being stereotypically viewed as timid and owners of small penises is about as bad as it gets. But nobody crosses any of you because they asume you all are experts in martial arts. They don't cross us either...they assume we are high on meth and probably carrying a switch blade.

Wow I had NO idea West Virginians had it that badly. I have only known one guy from West Virgina. I met him at Columbia University when I was still in dental school. He sound very intelligent, with NO accent and he was smokin' hot too. However he was the only person from West Virginia that I have ever met in my life.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would argue that you are more Agnostic than anything else. I mean even you said that you are not sure who created the universe or maybe it isn't created at all, and you stated that no one can prove or disprove god etc. And that sounds like something an Agnostic person would say. Which is a good thing. :thumbup: A religious person would tell me that there is a god, god talks to him everyday, and everything in the bible is the law.

There you go again. You have less than no clue. I said man will never understand his origins from a scientific point of view. I am far from agnostic. I am certain God created the universe. But again, so what. I said God's existence cannot be proven scientifically. A person of faith does not require scientific confirmation. I am a religious person and I don't talk to God every day. While the Bible is important, it's the application of it's ideals that is most important and there are other books for that.

There you go again. You have less than no clue. I said man will never understand his origins from a scientific point of view. I am far from agnostic. I am certain God created the universe. But again, so what. I said God's existence cannot be proven scientifically. A person of faith does not require scientific confirmation. I am a religious person and I don't talk to God every day. While the Bible is important, it's the application of it's ideals that is most important and there are other books for that.

Man understand his origins perfectly its call evolution, there are fossils left behind for all the proves that you want. I wish there was a god so he will bring Charles Darwin back to life...there are a million questions I am dying to ask him.

There has to be a reason why you believe God created the universe, there has to be some sort of confirmation. I mean did you just wake up one day and say to yourself, "God created the universe!". Someone or something or some facts has to be there for you to believe that. Just like there has to be some facts or confirmation to believe that a person is a thief. You can't just "believe" a person is a thief with no confirmation....it just would not make sense to pick a person off the street and "believe" they are a thief...Just like I don't see how you can just arbiturarly believe God created the universe. Same reasoning.

Man understand his origins perfectly its call evolution, there are fossils left behind for all the proves that you want. I wish there was a god so he will bring Charles Darwin back to life...there are a million questions I am dying to ask him.

Evolution explains the changes in species over time but it has nothing to do with the Big Bang Theory, which is constantly undergoing revision as new data is uncovered. There are also gaps in the fossil record that do not show everything fits together like a jigsaw puzzle. But evolution is a proven scientific fact and to a religious Jew what ever science proves you must accept.

There has to be a reason why you believe God created the universe, there has to be some sort of confirmation. I mean did you just wake up one day and say to yourself, "God created the universe!". Someone or something or some facts has to be there for you to believe that. Just like there has to be some facts or confirmation to believe that a person is a thief. You can't just "believe" a person is a thief with no confirmation....it just would not make sense to pick a person off the street and "believe" they are a thief...Just like I don't see how you can just arbiturarly believe God created the universe. Same reasoning.

That's an interesting question you pose to which I answer for as long as I remember. Before I address your issue, your analogy is preposterous. You can't compare God to people and apply the rules and laws of people to God.

I always have though neither of my brothers do. My grandmother had a huge influence on my understanding and love of Judaism. Study followed and it is something I confirmed over time. For the closest understanding of my personal theology comes from Abraham Joshua Heschel.

God is not a hypothesis derived from logical assumptions, but an immediate insight, self-evident as light. He is not something to be sought in the darkness with the light of reason. He is the light.
For more in depth understanding I commend to you Man is Not Alone A Philosophy of Religion and God in Search of Man A Philosophy of Judaism.

Read a little and then ask some questions. This is not the place for Judaism 101.

HOW? Who was raise from the dead? Did they come out of their coffins?
It's in the Bible so I doubt you would give it any credit.

Personally, I've almost died multiple times, two times it was definitely "miraculous" because it defied natural order. I didn't die and come back alive, but I did come quite close to death.

When I was 8, I didn't know how to swim. I was walking along a ledge on the inner circumference of a pool by myself and I fell into a gap between the ledges. And I remember seeing the blue water above me and thinking "I guess this is how I die" and I let go of my life, but then a force pushed me above the water and I felt myself pulling myself out of the water and climbing out the edge of the pool. I thought, hmmm, I guess I'm supposed to live.

When I was 9, I loved to rollerblade. I was going downhill on a street with every intent to go as fast as possible. But instead of going down the hill my body disobeyed me and I pulled to the sidewalk and braked. A couple of seconds later and truck zoomed by the perpendicular street that I would've crossed had I continued to go down as I intended. Unexplainable miracle #2.

Also, I drowned (ingested water) in a pool when I was 5 and had to be resuscitated , I jumped off a 3rd floor balcony when I was 4, I was hit by a motorcycle and a taxi at one point in my life, etc, etc. Never broke a bone.

These events convinced me that I was supposed to be alive. Which was something I needed because I always felt that there was no point to life. I used to want to blow up the world and end all life on Earth lol. Perhaps, I'm someone who needed these miracles as a persuasion so that I would go on with life.

Maybe, you will get a miracle too someday that you can see and acknowledge.

Well, depending on who you ask, my parents don't really speak English, either.

Bitch, I'm Scots-Irish Appalachian. You have no idea what you are talking about. I wish I was white. Like Irish white...or Italian white. Or, if fate were so kind, Anglo white. Ulster Scots-Irish? We are the most hated people in the country outside of the Muslims and Mexicans. Arguably more hated. With the start of affirmative-action we officially became the ethnic group that had the hardest mountain to climb. At least minorities have liberals taking up their cause. If you tell a joke centered around an ethnic slur concerning Latin folk, Asian folk, or Arabic folk, it will at least piss the P.C. people off.

But hilljacks? It's still perfectly fine to call me an ignorant bumpkin. Incest jokes and telling me my people can only count to 14 is perfectly fine. It's still worth a chuckle. But if I told a joke about a black dude eating fried chicken, I'd probably get banned. I still crack up when I go to the Northeast. I'll walk down the street in Philly and stop for directions. The second they hear my accent they start speaking R E A L L Y slowly like I am barely intelligent enough to have a grasp on the English language. See the Jim Webb quote in my sig...yup..cannon fodder for the military for years...the butt of every joke there is...we are subhuman trash...and we always will be...

And Asian? ****. What stereotypes do they have. Good in Math? Loyal workers? Oh, you poor ****ing ethnic group. Being stereotypically viewed as timid and owners of small penises is about as bad as it gets. But nobody crosses any of you because they asume you all are experts in martial arts. They don't cross us either...they assume we are high on meth and probably carrying a switch blade.

If you can say I got a free pass because I'm Asian, I can say you can only count to 14. Fair is fair. You're the only one who calls yourself a hilljack. It's time to learn how to pull a Britney Spears and drop the accent. You think I couldn't hang onto an Asian accent? I have adapted, Britney has adapted, and so can you. :thumbup:

Nobody crosses Asians???? Are you crazy??? There was an Asian student at Binghamton University was beaten into a coma by 4 white guys and all 4 were allowed to graduate and receive degrees. If there was any justice, those 4 students should have been banned from all SUNY colleges and should have gone to jail.

P.S. Scottish/Irish is still white. Whitey whitey white white :) ....white.

****, I sure as hell don't mess with meek Asian people after that Virginia Tech incident. If y'all go crazy, y'all go dynasty-level crazy.

****, I sure as hell don't mess with meek Asian people after that Virginia Tech incident. If y'all go crazy, y'all go dynasty-level crazy.
LOL. Damnit, every time an East Asian F***s up royally we all cringe in embarrassment. I think that goes with all "races," one of your "people" F*** up and it's minus one for the whole team. :smack:

It isn't Scotts/irish, scottish, or irish. Those are different people. It's Scots-Irish. And its an ethic group you clearly know little about. I wish skin color actually meant something.
Skin color indicates your likelihood of getting skin cancer. I wish there were no cultural barriers between races. It's really the culture that separates people of different "races" not the appearances, but the appearances is what we use to stereotype because it's the easiest thing to see.

Members don't see this ad :)
Skin color indicates your likelihood of getting skin cancer. I wish there were no cultural barriers between races. It's really the culture that separates people of different "races" not the appearances, but the appearances is what we use to stereotype because it's the easiest thing to see.

Which is why I'd call you Chinese. No matter where your parents are from.

Heh. I know what pisses Asian people off.

LOL. Damnit, every time an East Asian F***s up royally we all cringe in embarrassment. I think that goes with all "races," one of your "people" F*** up and it's minus one for the whole team. :smack:

To hell with that...that crazy little **** gave y'all street cred. Like...if I had the choice between walking down a dark alley with a bunch of drug dealing hoppers or a dark alley with an Asian having emotional problems...I'm going down the alley with the people slingin'. Sure...I might die either way...but at least I know the people dealing are trying to avoid attention...

Which is why I'd call you Chinese. No matter where your parents are from.
I don't get hung over that anymore, because I accept ignorant people. But not every Asian person will accept it. So I know China is freakin huge on the map, but Asia is even bigger. Say it with me, "ASIAN."

I'm just trying to protect your ass from creating another VTech situation. Stop pissing off introverted Asian psychos.

It's in the Bible so I doubt you would give it any credit.

Personally, I've almost died multiple times, two times it was definitely "miraculous" because it defied natural order. I didn't die and come back alive, but I did come quite close to death.

When I was 8, I didn't know how to swim. I was walking along a ledge on the inner circumference of a pool by myself and I fell into a gap between the ledges. And I remember seeing the blue water above me and thinking "I guess this is how I die" and I let go of my life, but then a force pushed me above the water and I felt myself pulling myself out of the water and climbing out the edge of the pool. I thought, hmmm, I guess I'm supposed to live.

When I was 9, I loved to rollerblade. I was going downhill on a street with every intent to go as fast as possible. But instead of going down the hill my body disobeyed me and I pulled to the sidewalk and braked. A couple of seconds later and truck zoomed by the perpendicular street that I would've crossed had I continued to go down as I intended. Unexplainable miracle #2.

Also, I drowned (ingested water) in a pool when I was 5 and had to be resuscitated , I jumped off a 3rd floor balcony when I was 4, I was hit by a motorcycle and a taxi at one point in my life, etc, etc. Never broke a bone.

These events convinced me that I was supposed to be alive. Which was something I needed because I always felt that there was no point to life. I used to want to blow up the world and end all life on Earth lol. Perhaps, I'm someone who needed these miracles as a persuasion so that I would go on with life.

Maybe, you will get a miracle too someday that you can see and acknowledge.

Kirby, that is called the force of buoyancy.

LOL. WVU is easily the funniest poster on these forums.

I don't get hung over that anymore, because I accept ignorant people. But not every Asian person will accept it. So I know China is freakin huge on the map, but Asia is even bigger. Say it with me, "ASIAN."

Not specific enough, really. My wife is Russian. Technically, she's Asian, too. Yet I don't see her singing karaoke 4 nights a week or thinking the durian fruit is something other than the spawn of satan. She didn't play the violin in high school, either.

Though she does like DDR. And Dave & Buster's.

Last edited:
Not specific enough, really. My wife is Russian. Technically, she's Asian, too. Yet I don't see her singing karaoke 4 nights a week or thinking the durian fruit is something other than the spawn of satan.
My grandfather calls our ancestry "Russian", but it's really "Baltic".
The damn Soviets took over Lithuania after WWII, so whatever...

Russian people have those slanty eyes. My eyes are slantyish, but no one makes the connection with northern, eastern Europe.

ETA: Everyone said that I looked Chinese whenever I was little and something along the lines of looking like a china doll.

Last edited:
My grandfather calls our ancestry "Russian", but it's really "Baltic".
The damn Soviets took over Lithuania after WWII, so whatever...

Russian people have those slanty eyes. My eyes are slantyish, but no one makes the connection with northern, eastern Europe.

Nothin' wrong with that. The WWII era Soviets were the most hard-assed, passionate people to ever live. They pretty much won WWII in Europe. Even though the US gets all the credit. I would embrace being associated with them.

Kirby, that is called the force of buoyancy.
I have considered that, but it's not conclusive because where would the extra air that I would need to have ingest come from? Dead bodies float because gas builds up over time while the body starts to decay. If anything I would've been exhaling and sinking. Trust me, I have thought about it a lot. Plus, my rollerblading experience left me flabbergasted for weeks. I think I've combined two "forces" I'd felt in my memory as very similar events.

Nothin' wrong with that. The WWII era Soviets were the most hard-assed, passionate people to ever live. I would embrace being associated with them.
(except for the fact that those people who had relied so heavily on the Soviets are practically living hand-to-mouth now)

This is my most favorite website about Russia and its people, culture, etc.: http://englishrussia.com/

I have considered that, but it's not conclusive because where would the extra air that I would need to have ingest come from? Dead bodies float because gas builds up over time while the body starts to decay. If anything I would've been exhaling and sinking. Trust me, I have thought about it a lot. Plus, my rollerblading experience left me flabbergasted for weeks. I think I've combined two "forces" I'd felt in my memory as very similar events.

Trust me, the force you speak of is much more likely to be the force of buoyancy than the forced will of God. That is highly presumptuous of you to think that.

The rollberlading incident is not a miracle. You equate good fortune to miracles.

Not specific enough, really. My wife is Russian. Technically, she's Asian, too. Yet I don't see her singing karaoke 4 nights a week or thinking the durian fruit is something other than the spawn of satan. She didn't play the violin in high school, either.

Though she does like DDR. And Dave & Buster's.
lol. Karaoke abuse is common among the Japanese. Durian is the most foul-smelling piece of crap that invalidly inherited the title as a "fruit" by the Chinese. But hell yes, we all played the violin and/or piano.

DDR is specific to nerds, not Asians.

Man, that's creole.

I'm at work right now. Just go to youtube and type in appalachian accent. I'm sure something will pop up. Though mine is a weird mix of Pittsburgh yinzer, southern appalachian, and eastern mid-atlantic.

And if I ever met you, I'd change my accent to a neutral American accent. I like to avoid the hilljack accent around outsiders. It makes them instantly think I'm as dumb as a brick.

I don't see anything wrong with the Appalachian accent. Southern drawls such as those from Arkansas and Tennessee are seen as more uneducated. Appalachian sounds normal to me. Can you explain?

I live in the deep south and have heard some of the deepest and strongest country accents (Texan, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee). "Howdy Ya'll. Whatcha doin?"

lol. Karaoke abuse is common among the Japanese. Durian is the most foul-smelling piece of crap that invalidly inherited the title as a "fruit" by the Chinese. But hell yes, we all played the violin and/or piano.

DDR is specific to nerds, not Asians.

Karaoke.....Filipinos
DDR...specific to Asians, mostly Chinese, then Koreans & Japanese. Not really a nerd thing, they're usually playing WoW.
Playing violin/piano...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I don't see anything wrong with the Appalachian accent. Southern drawls such as those from Arkansas and Tennessee are seen as more uneducated. Appalachian sounds normal to me. Can you explain?

I still can't figure out what an Appalachian accent is exactly. I was in Charleston, WV and their accents were about as Southern as I've ever heard.

I can't really explain...it's all subjective...if that's what you think, it's what you think...

I still can't figure out what an Appalachian accent is exactly. I was in Charleston, WV and their accents were about as Southern as I've ever heard.

Can you tell the difference between a Texan accent, an Appalachian accent, a coastal Carolinian accent, a Georgian accent, and a Yinzer accent? They are all unique...but to many people, they all sound the same.

Trust me, the force you speak of is much more likely to be the force of buoyancy than the forced will of God. That is highly presumptuous of you to think that.

The rollberlading incident is not a miracle. You equate good fortune to miracles.

It was not buoyancy, *******. I was submerged under water for a length of time which caused me to blank out for an unknown period of time, then I felt being pushed up. I sank to the bottom. Sinkers don't float until they have more gas in their bodies which is produced by decay. I didn't decay and float back up.

It was more than "good fortune" because I was telling myself to go faster but my body slowed down and braked against MY WILL. That's not lucky, that's beyond how I wanted to control my body. I wanted to go faster. I freakin had rollerblades glued to my feet in the 3rd-4th grade. I LOVED hillls.

No. He's a pansy that got his ass kicked by a bunch of Yinzers...most of which were from Canada. He should be ashamed of tarnishing his proud heritage.

Yeah, a pansy who has won the MVP the last two year in a row.

Oh, that, and he isn't a pansy. Here is some evidence:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2NJipsmFMA
2. Here he is on Sidney "I live in the basement of Lemieux" Crosby
3. Last, here he is just ****in' dropping Phaneuf, one of the hardest hitting players out there.

Can you tell the difference between a Texan accent, an Appalachian accent, a coastal Carolinian accent, a Georgian accent, and a Yinzer accent? They are all unique...but to many people, they all sound the same.

The furthest north I've been in North Carolina. So, I've never really heard accents from WV.

Yeah. But his useless ass lost to the useless ass Yinzers and I had to listen to them blather on about Ice Soccer for like a month longer than I should have. "Yinz see Cros-ber and the boys do good, n'at?"

Damn him. All of those MVPs and he can't beat Pittsburgh. That son of a bitch can go to hell.

I think I can identify Texas and perhaps differentiate it from Carolina. Georgian I wouldn't know. I googled Yinzer earlier, and if Yinzer=Pitt, then I always assumed they had a relatively neutral accent. I guess you have to have heard the different accents considerably to understand the differences.

I hear Nebraska has the most neutral accent by the way. For this reason, many call centers were set up there at one point. It is basically considered neutral because a lot of the earlier broadcasters/newscasters like Cronkite (Brokaw also comes to mind even though he is more contemporary) came from that region....so people understood *that* accent to be "normal" or "scholarly." But had many of the earlier newscasters been Southern, then perhaps that accent would be viewed as neutral and the others would be seen as variations of it....

I think I can identify Texas and perhaps differentiate it from Carolina. Georgian I wouldn't know. I googled Yinzer earlier, and if Yinzer=Pitt, then I always assumed they had a relatively neutral accent. I guess you have to have heard the different accents considerably to understand the differences.

I hear Nebraska has the most neutral accent by the way. For this reason, many call centers were set up there at one point. It is basically considered neutral because a lot of the earlier broadcasters/newscasters like Cronkite (Brokaw also comes to mind even though he is more contemporary) came from that region....so people understood *that* accent to be "normal" or "scholarly." But had many of the earlier newscasters been Southern, then perhaps that accent would be viewed as neutral and the others would be seen as variations of it....

It's weird but I can differentiate between Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Arkansas, Alabama, and Louisiana Southern Accents. They are all unique.

I think it's interesting how creole is a mix between southern drawl and french accents.

Haha ya, I'm sure the French had considerable influence on the Southern drawl, particularly in Louisiana...

I think it's interesting how creole is a mix between southern drawl and french accents.
If you're about talking "white" people in French Louisiana, like Adam Sandler in Waterboy, then it's Cajun.
Creole is more often (almost always) associated with "black" people who also have French, Spanish, and New World heritage.

The terms Creole and Cajun are confused a lot.

Last edited:
It's weird but I can differentiate between Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Arkansas, Alabama, and Louisiana Southern Accents. They are all unique.

Hmmm, interesting......out of curiosity...perhaps WVU is equipped to answer this....which is the most hilljack state in the US? lol

BTW, so we're clear, hilljack is roughly = hilllbilly which is roughly = hick, right??

Interestingly, southern accents are said to be a fusion of British and French. If you listen to some of the older southern accents, you can hear the similarities.

Hmmm, interesting......out of curiosity...perhaps WVU is equipped to answer this....which is the most hilljack state in the US? lol

BTW, so we're clear, hilljack is roughly = hilllbilly which is roughly = hick, right??

A hick is a redneck. Country music listening, line dancing, 2009 F-150 driving, walmart shopping folks.

A hilljack is a sophisticated hillbilly.

A hillbilly is a man of the hills/mountains. Bluegrass listening, tap dancing, 1970s Dodge Ram driving, uncle joes country store shopping folk.

And this is an Appalachian Accent:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc3SEBA-9nU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

A hick is a redneck. Country music listening, line dancing, 2009 F-150 driving, walmart shopping folks.

A hilljack is a sophisticated hillbilly.

A hillbilly is a man of the hills/mountains. Bluegrass listening, tap dancing, 1970s Dodge Ram driving, uncle joes country store shopping folk.

And this is an Appalachian Accent:
[YOUTUBE]uc3SEBA-9nU[/YOUTUBE]

Ok...this is the worse than the most backwoods Arkansas accent I have heard.