What's a "gunner"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Amorphisgirl said:
Just want to say "Hi, Everybody!!!"...again. :cool:
+pad+

Members don't see this ad.

We are all skeletons; If you truly picture your classmates as a walking X-ray (it might make you laugh), you will see through any exterior "mask." This new vantage point often opens my eyes to the fact that even "gunners" have a sore knee, or a problem with some of the other skeletons in their family, or a canine skeleton (family dog) that ran away, or they had to knock on wood for some other reason..

I used to work at a fast-food chain as a teenager; there were 40 year old managers slaving away in the back. Most of you reading this are going to be future medical professionals..... any more complaints?

Don't let your own vanity blind you from how much you have all achieved by even being in medical school!!

Members don't see this ad :)
bigfrank said:
I'm thinking along the lines of...........

Most people study quite a bit in medical school. Some people take a break to drink, go to a club/coffeehouse/etc., while others go to SDN and get stressed out about how much everyone else claims to be studying and scoring on their boards, and then get pulled in that way. It's like a form of positive reinforcment for studying more and more and more.........

But I could be wrong. It just seems like SDN fosters the "gunner" mentality more than say, watching CSI reruns or vandalizing property!!

Vandalizing property... :laugh: :laugh: that's funny

Rod Farva said:
If you can't spot the gunner within the first 10 minutes of sitting down in class, you are the gunner.

Oh No! I'm doomed!
:laugh: