This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruben0001

Reaction score
Long story short, I graduated with a bachelor in Engineering (Chemical) with a 2.76 cGPA and just finished a maters in Mathematics with a cGPA 3.7. After a series of incidents, I decided now to go for medical school.

I have research experience in math and biomed-engineering(worked under professors in school), no publications. Worked 2 years in a ophthalmologist office as a medical exam pretester(check patient vision, eye pressure, perform exams like OCT , visual Field , ..etc.) during my undergraduate years. a lot other part times as cashier and sales associate during my undergraduate years too.

I'm deciding on whether to take non-degree pre med courses at some universities or go for a post bacc program for med school, or should I go for a second degree for a better GPA? any suggestions is appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A DIY post bacc at a local university would be fine. You need to take enough undergraduate level science courses to raise both your sGPA and cGPA to 3.0