When are we going to see movement on Drexel's waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Butters

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist recently? I heard they have a May 15th deadline to accept your spot, so there will significant movement in the next few weeks as people let the school know what they're planning to do. I sent in a letter of intent on Friday as well as an update. I'd really like to get in and I felt my interview went fairly well. Anyone else in the same spot?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my mind some time in the next month. This is a question that plagues my every moment.

Also... how receptive is Drexel really to LOIs and updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I called the admissions office and asked them if they'll read LOIs and the nice lady said "Of course" very enthusiastically, so I think that's a good sign. There was an old thread where someone mentioned they got an admissions letter dated the very day Drexel received his LOI. Maybe that's just a coincidence :D

i emailed lisa cifelli about waitlist movement and she said that the waitlist won't move until july. seems kinda late to me...

JULY!? Is she freaking kidding? That's when we'll need to have an apt in place and a financial aid package to pay for all this! Considering Drexel is a big backup school, I can't believe they're waiting that long. I heard it's mid-May when they'll start deciding on this sort of stuff. I'll have to investigate this further myself.

Maybe she's saying that so that people aren't bugging her for the next two months every day.??

Well, she's going to find out that her little trick is going to backfire BIG TIME! I'm putting her on speed dial! :D :smuggrin:

Hey peeps I'm planning on letting go of my Drexel acceptance in a couple of weeks. Hope that helps someone. :thumbup:

Adapt said:
Hey peeps I'm planning on letting go of my Drexel acceptance in a couple of weeks. Hope that helps someone. :thumbup:
IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS?!?!?! Well I guess that's ok... I'll email you my real name and ten dollars if you suggest that they replace you with me.

Megalofyia said:
IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS?!?!?! Well I guess that's ok... I'll email you my real name and ten dollars if you suggest that they replace you with me.
:laugh: $10? Come now. You can do better than that. We're talking about an MD here. :D

Do you think that works? Or would that just piss the adcom off?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had two friends that got in to Drexel off the waitlist last year. One found out in mid June, and the other three days before orientation started. You should start hearing about movement soon. And if you're wondering if you can still find an apt in July, the answer is yes. Might not be fun, but is possible.

BTW, I released my acceptance this past weekend...hope this helps you guys out. ;)

I heard from an inside source that Lisa Ciffeli (sp?) is out on maternity leave. Does anyone know who has taken her place? Who am I supposed to hassle for a spot now?

Butters said:
I heard from an inside source that Lisa Ciffeli (sp?) is out on maternity leave. Does anyone know who has taken her place? Who am I supposed to hassle for a spot now?

bumping this question. anyone have any idea who to contact now?

Butters said:

I believe it that Lisa is out on maternity leave. When I interviewed there in early March, she looked like she was about to have that baby any minute.

I interveiwed at end of March and she was looking pretty big too. Don't know who you would contact though. I think I had called their general number just to find out my status (eventuallly waitlisted.....of course :p )

Hey those of you waiting,

I could feel your pain.....cause I am waiting the same way for temple. I was just thinking if anyone of you already got into Temple and just waiting to hear from Drexel so that you would withdraw from Temple......okay, I guess I have gone crazy already over this waiting on waitlist. I guess I should just concentrate on other areas of life and forget about this waitlist..........good luck all :luck:

I withdrew my acceptance on April 30th...best of luck guys!

Thanks!!
Any news on Lisa and if we are suposed to still address letters to her?

I just withdrew my Drexel acceptance. I hope it helps someone on SDN. :)