When to submit application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDoc91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applications open this Thursday, May 4th. I've been planning on submitting right when they open this week. But recently I've been thinking about holding off. I know once I submit all the coursework is locked and you can't update until the next academic update, which is usually in the fall. I am retaking a chem class right now but I won't have my final grade until after memorial day. It's important that schools get this new grade because it raises my science GPA above 3.2. Should I just wait and submit my application after my transcript is updated at the end of May? I don't know if I want to risk schools get my < 3.2 sGPA and screening me out...it also says on AACOMAS website that schools don't get applications until June 15th. So maybe I don't need to rush to submit on day 1? Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't forget, most schools do not look at your application until about mid-June. I would encourage you to apply early, but then update your transcripts before June to ensure that all the schools see all your information

I don't know if things are changing this cycle, but I submitted my AACOMAS much later than June and I got acceptances. I don't know how many schools auto-screen a 3.2 sGPA, but just to be safe, I don't think you need to rush.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you absolutely ready to hit that submit button. Also, please be mindful if you apply for fee assistance, you have about 1-2 days to submit, I think.
But no rush, submit when you take an overall look at everything and satisfy with it.