When to take DAT- Taking Organic This Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hello, Im brand new to this website, so I apologize if I seem oblivious to things that might be obvious.

Currently a junior at a small college in western New York, and will be taking Organic I in the fall and II in the spring. I'd like to take the DAT in late March, after I've been able to study all of spring break, and before the semester gets tough with finals/end of semester exams. I know some will likely say to wait until May and until after finals, but I'm someone who just likes to get things out of the way, the less time I have to stress, the better.

Chemistry has historically been tough for me, this applies to high school and college, but I am determined to ace organic. This summer I have already begun reading Orgo as a Second Language, Orgo for Dummies, and have started watching Chad's videos just to absorb info.

So I guess my question really is, if I study and go through all of the normal DAT study materials for Orgo such as DAT destroyer and Chad's videos, how much will taking the DAT before finishing Orgo II hurt my score.

Any info helps, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I dont think it will hurt you at all. The DAT tests mostly basic knowledge, and if you have a firm foundation of how OC works, you will be able to learn anything you haven't covered in class yet from Chad! It may actually help you on your final!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users