Whens the latest I can take the MCAT and still be "on time" with my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xrta

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Long story short I was supposed to take the MCAT in May but I ended up having to work wAYYYY more than I expected and had some family issues come up. I am motivated and have started reviewing for the MCAT and now I am thinking I need 3 months and technically whats left of april, May June and July to study and then I take the MCAT the first/2nd week of august. I am thinking that that is best for me but I am not sure If I will be ready in time. I work 3 days a week 9hr shifts but study all day on the days i have off. What do you all think? Do you think if I take the MCAT in august I will be good to apply? I am applying DO heavy and only the instate MDs for this 2019 cycle. I also have no idea if its smart to start applying without an mcat score ready ... I am pretty lost and looking for a test date to aim for.

Please let me know what you think. Any advice would be helpful. I dont have anyone to ask so I come to you - the scholars of SDN - for any advice you can give me.

Members don't see this ad.

September is late for MD and is fine for DO. If you want to apply MD in a more reasonable aspect, take the July MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users