Where am I lacking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sena

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At application time:

26 yo white male
cGPA 3.6. sGPA 3.6
Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Cum Laude
5 years of ER/Cardiac RN experience
ACLS,BLS,NRP,PALS etc. certified
Little League Baseball Coach for a summer
2 years volunteering with Organ Donation
Vice President Nursing School Student Gov.
Guest speak for middle school students career day 4 times yearly for 4 years
Voluntary Ecclesiastical service for 5 continuous months
Diagnosed with ADD (but never took stimulants)

Unknown on MCAT, but hypothetically with a 27 or so, where do I lack? Any school suggestions either DO or MD?

Members don't see this ad.

you seem like a pretty good DO applicant with your GPA and prospective MCAT. For MD study your butt off and try to get above a 30 and apply to lower to mid tier schools (drexel, your state school etc). If you can rock it and get a 33+ you would have a better shot at higher level MD schools. Any way you can get research experience?

Sorry. Research is currently underway at the hospital I work at looking at post surgical patient outcome and blood clots. 27 is just a lower number (hopefully worst case).

Members don't see this ad :)
27 with your other stuff will make your a pretty good fit for a DO program, I know LECOM accepts people with similar stats! Make sure to shadow a DO so you can get yourself a good DO letter!But really, if you can get above a 30 you can probs go the MD route if that is what you are looking for! Keep your hopes up!

What is your state of residence? It will help us recommend schools.