Where do you go to school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reddy123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And do you consider it to be prestigious?

I go to UW Madison and I would say yes its prestigious

Members don't see this ad.

Pride moment: top 20 University

Reality moment: Shouldn't really matter where you went as an UG (bar the obvious). My school was hard as S :eek: :mad: :(, and after taking a few state courses I kind of wished I went to a lower ranked university.

qlRu3.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to Johns Hopkins. I don't think Johns Hopkins undergraduate is prestigious but I do think it's pretty tough but definitely bearable.

Probably one that you've never heard of and probably will never hear of. :D

South Harmon Institute of Technology. Its prestige is incomparable.

Tulane University - It seems to be prestigious in the South ... not sure how the Northern states view it (if they have even heard of it)

Members don't see this ad :)
What if I post my school and think it's presitigious but then all the other posters laugh at me?

Canisius College - Buffalo NY

Hey, I'm from Buffalo, and Canisius is actually a great school. I've seen many people from there get accepted to med school.

Anyway, I went to UB (SUNY Buffalo) for undergrad.

Texas A&M University. Very prestigious (but only among rural Texas dwellers)

Pride moment: top 20 University

Reality moment: Shouldn't really matter where you went as an UG (bar the obvious). My school was hard as S :eek: :mad: :(, and after taking a few state courses I kind of wished I went to a lower ranked university.

This is exactly how I feel... I took ochem 2 at my state university and got 100s on exams where the mean was around 50. It was ridiculous b/c for ochem 1 at my own school, I was getting 40s and 50s while the mean was around 70-80.

Prestige is totally useless if you have a sh*tty GPA that's getting trampled by people who studied linear algebra for fun in 8th grade (real story).

Not from the most prestigious school, but I use what I got. When I'm in med school in two years I'll know name isn't everything.

Currently a senior at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, a very prestigious and top tier university in Scotland. I plan on applying to the elite St. Mungo's University of Wizarding Medicine.We go straight from secondary school to med school here.

This here thread is talking bout 'murica

Currently a senior at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, a very prestigious and top tier university in Scotland. I plan on applying to the elite St. Mungo's University of Wizarding Medicine.We go straight from secondary school to med school here.

Good luck on your N.E.W.T.s bro.

I am a recent alumnus of Illinois State University

I see what you did there.

My school is a stinker according to US News. :smuggrin:

Mine is so awesome they don't publish it's rank. I'm assuming that means it's number 1, but they don't want hahvud to feel self conscious.

UT Austin- Pretty prestigous in the south, I think it's ranked in the 50's by US news

-

Last edited:

You passed your apparition test yet?

I like how his only two As are in Improv. of Learning and... World Military Systems

That's really all you need to defeat someone who has a magna cum laude law degree from Harvard.

Top 20 for undergrad but I wish I went to a lower ranked university because my GPA is not looking too hot right now. :/

I go to ITT institute of technology, they help me get real world experience but sometimes i wish i went to an easier school because their courses are actually rly hard compared to like some other top 20's

Prestige is totally useless if you have a sh*tty GPA that's getting trampled by people who studied linear algebra for fun in 8th grade (real story).

:thumbup: Part of my decision in choosing a school, not that I chose an 'easy' school, just not one of the most prestigious nationally