Where Do You Want to Practice Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muffeoniv

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do you want to practice medicine? It would be kind of cool if you went to a top med school then did an EM residency and moved to the virgin islands or Hawaii to be a doctor. I volunteer in an ER in NY and the doctor is sick of the weather here and is moving to Hawaii lol. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I can't believe I'm answering this question seriously. I know a doc that moved to hawaii and she is not seriously depressed. Its not all that its cracked up to be. Don't forget that the living expenses (rent, food, etc) are extremely high. Also, locals tend to look down outsiders; physician or not (its not like Northern Exposure).

These coordinates:
-40.718119379753446, 105.9906005859375

Edit: a cookie for anyone who can figure out why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly after this years early winter barrage I'm left thinking somewhere in the sun-belt maybe NC?

Honestly after this years early winter barrage I'm left thinking somewhere in the sun-belt maybe NC?

We're in the sun-belt? Tell that to the ice I fell on outside the hospital today.

Where do you want to practice medicine? It would be kind of cool if you went to a top med school then did an EM residency and moved to the virgin islands or Hawaii to be a doctor. I volunteer in an ER in NY and the doctor is sick of the weather here and is moving to Hawaii lol. :)

Dude... seriously?

I can't imagine what taking a course with you would be like. You must be THAT guy.

Dude... seriously?

I can't imagine what taking a course with you would be like. You must be THAT guy.

what does that even mean lol, you guys are haters x 10000... too critical

It means that you ask too many trivial questions. You're like a broken sprinkler head spewing incessant nonsense. Try pondering and asking thoughtful questions. Your current M.O. is annoying. Not a big deal or anything, but you're an annoying person in general.

Well you are kind of fueling the fires of good old hate there bro. See it is the amount of threads you start. See people often find it annoying as all hell when they one up the forum and find some body have five new threads going. Now that would not be so bad if the topics were all very unique and cog turning. Most of these are not, although a few are. Honestly dude.... NONE of us know where we want to practice medicine we are all premeds. Most of us don't even know where we want to go to med school. That is some thing you may ask a med student but even there they still may not know until residencys or longer.
You want the hating to stop, easy back on the thread and provide back ground on how you have reflected on the subject and don't just ask mindless questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
pokey1oq9.gif

and I want to practice at Medical Center of the Rockies outside of Fort Collins, in Denver or perhaps Salt Lake City at the UofU. I need to be close to the mountains.

muffeoniv take my advise and stay out of Oregon, or better yet the Northwest in general. Nothing but disease and unfit drinking water. No natural beauty either, man I'd sure love to be in NY.

Not like this is a real thread or anything, but on interviewing at UCSD I fell in love with La Jolla. Wherever I end up for med school, I plan on trying to snag a residency at UCSD and hopefully end up living in La Jolla and setting up a practice.

Back to the muffoniv ripping.

These coordinates:

you want to practice medicine in the ocean where steve irwin died?

Where ever muff is not going to be, other than that preferably someplace warm, sunny, with lots of hot women to feed me grapes

These coordinates:

You want to be as far away from muffinboy as possible, those coordinates are the antipode of NY.

Now where's my cookie? :)

people because i help to want.

You want to be as far away from muffinboy as possible, those coordinates are the antipode of NY.

Now where's my cookie? :)

I declare this thread, from now on, shall be about COOKIES!

Perhaps we should begin with a discussion of the obesity epidemic in the U.S.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikLHmLGISV0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Disclaimer: The fat kid in this video may or may not be the OP.

Last edited:
and I want to practice at Medical Center of the Rockies outside of Fort Collins, in Denver or perhaps Salt Lake City at the UofU. I need to be close to the mountains.

I want to go back to CO where there are mountains! People here keep referring to "the mountain," but it's just a hill :confused:

I declare this thread, from now on, shall be about COOKIES!

You heard the man, this thread is now about cookies!

Snickerdoodles are pretty fab. So are good ol' chocolate chip.

Only inside a gravitational singularity.

Which means, your mom.

your mom's house.

Last edited:
Central california near Yosemite. Maybe the northern part. Definitly far removed from the major city, although I'd like it to be around 2 hours away. Sick n tired of southern CA. It never rains or snows in my parts. So much damn concrete. To many *****s driving on the streets. :(

I just realized that the areas that I want to settle in are undeserved. Perhaps I can put this on my app even though I'm not moving there because I want to practice in an undeserved area. It just happens to be where I want to settle. :oops:

I can't believe I'm answering this question seriously. I know a doc that moved to hawaii and she is not seriously depressed. Its not all that its cracked up to be. Don't forget that the living expenses (rent, food, etc) are extremely high. Also, locals tend to look down outsiders; physician or not (its not like Northern Exposure).

locals tend to look down on outsiders everywhere. It's just not as much of a problem in most urban areas/college towns because it's easier to find other transplants to not be rejected by.

Hawaii isn't that bad for COL, no worse than NYC anyway.

Some city hospital would be nice, preferablly in a big and alive city like New York, Philadelphia, etc. around the East Coast would be nice. I wouldn't really want to work in a clinic-type place, seems more often than not they are located in pretty random places. So you can have a clinic right down in the middle some "ghetto" while at least with most hospitals you often have some university nearby that improves the general location and environment of the area. Not sure about working in my own office though, might seem a bit boring being with working with only one small group of people.

Montreal or Vancouver. Parce que j'adore les Habs et les Canucks et j'ai la famille aux deux villes.

I'm hoping to make it back to Van eventually too! born and raised

AssetFactory.aspx

I cannot believe that I am replying to a thread started by muffeoniv, but I'll bite.

I'd say that I would like to practice in the Bay Area.

Last edited:
This quality thread has been ruined with responses to the OPs actual topic. Time to get it back on point. The most ultimate cookie would have to be the pizookie:

Untitled-1.jpg

And yet you can't open carry there.

Must be commies.

open or concealed, you can carry either way. might wanna rethink your definition of "commies"

This quality thread has been ruined with responses to the OPs actual topic. Time to get it back on point. The most ultimate cookie would have to be the pizookie:

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm watering at the mouth....it just needs a little bit of warm chocolate syrup on top!