Where is Vent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

urge

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
He hasn't posted in 2 months. Any info?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump.
no news? is he ok?

Hey, guys, Vent was a well-respected mod here and a pretty cool guy. I won't divulge any details of his situation here out of respect for his privacy. From what i hear though, he is doing OK; however he most likely will not be involved in this forum any more.

Wish him well for us, dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a long time gas lurker and a big fan of VentDependent's posts. From reading the thread, I hope you make a full recovery. Good luck :thumbup: If you ever wanna come back let us know! You'll have a spot waiting for you.

You gonna be fine buddy! let us know if we can help.
2win

Though I'm not a gas passer, I have been following Vents posts for years. Not trying to invade anyone's privacy but can anyone share what happened? Thanks.

Hey Vent
Really enjoyed your posts your were a source of support throughout med school and application to residency. Get well soon!
The Prince

What in the world does this mean? I have been on these boards a very long time and have no idea what any of you are talking about and/or alluding to.
Either he is sick - and I wish him the best and get well soon, or he was gagged because of his posts. He is one of the fine guys who had the integrity and the moral stance to let others who he is in real life. Could be that some *****s from his fellowship program forced him to don't post. IMO this is a violation of his legal rights and if it is like that I will be the first one to help. Anyway - vent is a great guy and I am waiting for him to get back!:love:

We have been told that Venty will most likely not be back to SDN in the foreseeable future.

We all wish him and his family our best for a resolution to the problem and he will be placed on Emeritus status, with his position as Gas Mod open at any time should he wish or be able to return.

I will remind everyone that this is a private matter and we should respect him and not make comments or suppositions about what has occured.

Remember he still has access to this forum, so please only make comments that you would want him and his family to read.

Let's all keep him in our prayers.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help you've given us all Venty! Our prayers go out to you!

Venty, you have been a great source for me personally and professionally and I appreciate your support and advice over the past few years. My heart is broken for any trouble of any type that you are going through. I have FAITH that you are strong enough to weather whatever storm you find yourself in. All the best, you are in our prayers...

Even if this is an issue as several others have stated previously, suggesting this on the forum is clearly inappropriate and these posts should be deleted immediately.

Agreed. He's given more to this forum than most anyone else. This isn't the time to wonder out loud what he may be going through. Does it really matter? I know we all expose quite a bit on these forums, but I'm pretty sure if he cared for us to know, he'd share the info. Until then, the people who do know are keeping their mouths shut, while the rest of us are apparently making wild guesses.

I'd suggest closing the thread if we can't bite our keyboard tongues.

Even if this is an issue as several others have stated previously, suggesting this on the forum is clearly inappropriate and these posts should be deleted immediately.

Agreed. He's given more to this forum than most anyone else. This isn't the time to wonder out loud what he may be going through. Does it really matter? I know we all expose quite a bit on these forums, but I'm pretty sure if he cared for us to know, he'd share the info. Until then, the people who do know are keeping their mouths shut, while the rest of us are apparently making wild guesses.

I'd suggest closing the thread if we can't bite our keyboard tongues.

I agree.

None of the Gas Mods are currently on-line and although I hate to step in and Moderate for them, I have told them (after consultation with some of the other Admins) that I think this is a situation which requires rather urgent attention.

Therefore, I have edited and/or deleted the posts which speculate about the reasons for his disappearance. These kinds of comments are inappropriate especially when Venty, his family and friends can read the comments and are in no position to respond. In addition, it saddens me that such speculation takes place about one of our own.

Please respect his privacy and limit your comments to well wishes rather than speculation, rumor and innuendo.

Thanks.

We have been told that Venty will most likely not be back to SDN in the foreseeable future.

We all wish him and his family our best for a resolution to the problem and he will be placed on Emeritus status, with his position as Gas Mod open at any time should he wish or be able to return.

I will remind everyone that this is a private matter and we should respect him and not make comments or suppositions about what has occured.

Remember he still has access to this forum, so please only make comments that you would want him and his family to read.
Understood. Thank you,
2win

Uhhhhh........scuse me......time for me to butt in.yeah I know that surprises all of you.

So I run across this thread right before my Vegas trip.......there are people on this board I communicate with outside the threads.....some by phone, some by text, email...some in person.

Ventys wanna those dudes.

I didnt fret, though.

Hell, my best friend on the planet, Mark Long, Citation Jet Jockey, has been busy flying his magic carpet around the nation for the last month. We havent hooked up for a conversation for, ohhh, five weeks now.

No big deal. We'll hook up soon and he'll fill me in. And I'll fill him in.

Thats how life works when you maintain intimate personal relationships with friends that live away.

So I'm in Vegas and I shoot Venty a voicemail....

"YEAH, WUSSUP HOMES? Havent heard from you in a while. A thread has been started in your honor-of-absence and I'm just chekkin in. In Vegas....gimme a call or a text to let me know you're OK."

Venty contacted me within an hour and filled me in.

In the end, it doesnt matter what the word-for-word context was.

What matters is that Venty has a tragedy in his life.

"WHATS THE TRAGEDY?"

Everyone wants to know.....DRUGS? CANCER? DEATH OF A LOVED ONE?VENTY MURDERED A GANGSTA IN SELF DEFENSE?yeah, sorry about the last one but...uhhhhh....its me, Jet....

Its normal to wanna know. To speculate.

And its normal for people to try and intervene in a protective manner, even if its not necessary....I've learned that whats important in human relations is intent... if the intent is gracious, then no harm, no foul. I applaud the non-anesthesia moderators for trying to do the right thing. But it aint necessary.

I say let the thread play out.

Speculate. React. Grieve.

To not do so is deprivation of emotion, which is more detrimental than censorship. In that light, the (albeit good intentioned) censorship is being lifted.

Humans react differently to uncomfortable situations. Some react with support, some with anger, some with speculation.

Thats OK. In the end, I, nor you, have no control over anothers actions.

And thats OK too.

I'm not at liberty to fill you in on the details.....just like Noy, Mil, Trin wouldnt feel comfortable divulging some of the stuff in my life that they are aware of.....personal tragedy affects all of us at some point in our lives.

If Venty wants to divulge his sorrow, I'm sure he'll post it here.

Until then,

think about how short life is. Think about how tunnel-visioned we all become on this medicine career path....years and years and years invested to the deprivation of nearly everything else during our training..and how quickly it can become derailed by a tragedy in your life....involving you, your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend.....your children.....

Venty is suffering that tragedy, right here, right now.

THATS WHATS IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW.

THAT VENTY IS SUFFERING.

Not our superfluous board. Not our speculation.

I LOVE YA, VENTY.

As does everyone here.

And that love is important too.

I am aware Venty and his family have access here, Wing.

I pray he reads this thread.

It will enlighten him on how many people on the planet care about his well being.

Last edited:
Terribly sorry to hear this Venty. Hope you find your self well soon.

AS you know, I consider you a real ally since you were about the only person to stand up for me on this site.

Thanks for your input Jet and understanding that I made the decision I did with input from several users and staff members, including UTSW and it was not meant to cause harm. There was a lot of discussion, with many users and staff asking for the thread to be removed. Your graciousness is appreciated.

We all hope that Venty knows how much he is loved here and that he will be missed, but understand what he needs to do.

think about how short life is. Think about how tunnel-visioned we all become on this medicine career path....years and years and years invested to the deprivation of nearly everything else during our training..and how quickly it can become derailed by a tragedy in your life....involving you, your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend.....your children.....

This is so damn true. Put it up as a banner atop the gas forum

nothing but best wishes, vent.

so sorry to see good people go through bad $hit.

i will miss your posts, i always learned a lot, thank you!

As a med student, I found your posts incredibly helpful Vent. Whether it was questions about DOs in anesthesiology or any of the FAQs, you had the answer. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

It's so true how we can lose perspective. A week before my Step 1, I saw a little girl feeding a squirrel with her grandmother. It was the most beautiful thing I had seen in weeks. I lost it, broke down. I deprived myself of human contact, of normalcy for weeks on end, and for what? A hoop, just another one to jump through. Tunnel vision... and at the periphery are the finer things in life... the smell of flowers... kids feeding squirrels... i dunno...

I started this thread because I missed his witty posts and sense of humor. I wasn't expecting for it to turn this way. When he reads this he'll realize how many people care for him. I hope he is able to overcome this adversity and come back to this forum quickly.

Three tragedies for me this year. (One of them the loss of my virginity!) Vent, it can be tuff but just take it as slow and low as you need to!

Vent- you are awesome. You have a great level head. You will do great. Be positive! Dre'

If we can ever be of any assistance let us know. We are here to help.

Vent-

I too have appreciated your posts and your service to this forum. You'll be missed.

I send my condolences and wish you and your family the best in everything.

-Dr. S.

not to change the subject, but was the loss of your virginity a tragedy because of the loss itself, or because it took you until residency for it to happen?
Or maybe because he was on the receiving end. Who knows?