WHERE SHOULD I GO??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Imoto

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am Imoto. I am an International Student from Cote D'Ivoire (in West Africa). Currently I am pursuing a bachelor in Medical Biology in a university in the US. The thing is that I know I want to be a doctor most likely a surgeon but I am not sure I want to do that in the US. My dream would be to be a surgeon and be married and have at least 3 kids and enough time to take care of them, send them to great school give them music lessons and stuffs like that; I need a good enough paycheck to afford vacations to other countries every year with enough money remaining to build building in stuffs in my home country and save for my kids future. I am okay working long shifts during the week but I do not want to be extremely stressed by my job or feel like if I am working all the time. Also wherever I go for Medical School I am planning on living there afterward. I already speak French, Spanish and English. I am willing to learn an additional language. So my question is: WHERE SHOULD I GO? WHICH COUNTRY WILL ALLOW ME TO HAVE THE LIFESTYLE I DESCRIBED ABOVE? Please if you have any personal experience feel free to share. I really need your help. Also I am willing to a 6 years program as well as a 4 years program. Thank you for time.

Members don't see this ad.

Might wanna give Somalia a try. That’d be my recommendation

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

When you apply to medical schools in the US would you be applying as an international applicant? You can try getting a subscription to the MSAR and checking which schools accept students on your particular visa.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you apply to medical schools in the US would you be applying as an international applicant? You can try getting a subscription to the MSAR and checking which schools accept students on your particular visa.
My issue is not so much with being accepted as it is with the lifestyle resulting from it. Do you maybe know doctors in other countries who can share their experience?

My issue is not so much with being accepted as it is with the lifestyle resulting from it. Do you maybe know doctors in other countries who can share their experience?
I don't know any foreign doctors, but if I had to guess it is probably going to be an extremely uphill struggle to get into a medical school in any nation that you are not a citizen of. That might be your first concern outside of the lifestyle at the moment

My issue is not so much with being accepted

There are 5 million-some posts in this forum from people for whom that is the chief issue. I don't think any one medical school will give you the lifestyle you are after. Maximize your opportunities by getting into the best/cheapest medical school you can.

I don't know any foreign doctors, but if I had to guess it is probably going to be an extremely uphill struggle to get into a medical school in any nation that you are not a citizen of. That might be your first concern outside of the lifestyle at the moment
In Europe it is a bit easier sometime and I have family there, if you can pass their admission exam they do not make much difficulty to accept you; but I don't exactly know how that works. You might be right

There are 5 million-some posts in this forum from people for whom that is the chief issue. I don't think any one medical school will give you the lifestyle you are after. Maximize your opportunities by getting into the best/cheapest medical school you can.
Not even the slightest chance?! That sucks but I see your point