• 3000 level Neuro elective

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

chemdoctor

2+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Wondering which class to take between these two.

Upper division Neuro course (good professor, however only two exams make up the grade. Not the best test taker, but an easy course)

Biochem II (good professor, four exams (less weight on each exam), but would prob need a bit more study time

Both are interesting. I enjoy both, both professors want me in their class. Can't take both right now, offered at the same time. I'd have to wait a year to take the other one.

chemdoctor

2+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Biochemistry II, or whatever you feel is more interesting and won’t hurt the GPA.

Yeah honestly both are as interesting and both prob won't hurt the GPA. Only thing is the neuroscience course has TWO exams ONLY... not the best test taker

About the Ads

chemdoctor

2+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Ugh really considering taking the Neuro course now. Sorry guys. :-//

jarednogeek

5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This really doesn’t have much baring for MD school so take what is interesting.

Campana

5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
If you haven't already taken the MCAT, you could look at which one has more overlap with MCAT content - more exposure to the material can only help.

I know of 2 schools that require Biochem with metabolism as a prerequisite, and with the new MCAT metabolism is not a bad idea. If your Biochem 1 covered metabolism, cool then take the class that interests you (assuming same GPA outlook in both). If your Biochem 1 did not cover metabolism, then take Biochem 2

Wahkoon

MS2
2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2018
UWorld
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I found that biochem helped me a great deal when studying for the MCAT. That, coupled with the greater number of tests for the course, would make biochem the better of the two choices, in my opinion.

Dagrimsta1

Current Representation of MS-4
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2014
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I would take Biochem 2. It'll help much more in the long run (MCAT, med school etc.)

I would take the Neuro class only if you are super passionate and genuinely like it MORE than B/C

About the Ads
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.