Which DO schools have a cut off score of 6 or 7 on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some bone has additional bone which is not supposed to be there and which is growing wrong way...They did x-rays and told me that they need to remove that bone and alighn that muscle right way...

Sight unseen, it sounds like hallux valgus, aka a bunion.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a responce! Do you always talk about yourself in third person?

Do you always spell words incorrectly?

And yes, I always talk about myself in third person. And I got a double digit verbal MCAT score and an S on the writing. Imagine that. And I turned down the best school you got accepted to.

Wow. Im just better than you all around.

Its ok, I wont tell your parents...they can continue being proud of you. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)

And yes, I always talk about myself in third person. And I got a double digit verbal MCAT score and an S on the writing. Imagine that. And I turned down the best school you got accepted to.

That was...thorough :thumbup:

Ahh...yes. Highlighting two typos rather in contrast to the dozen grammatical errors I pointed out from the other guy. B+ for your attempt, D- for your poor forethought and the fact that you missed the point entirely.

Occasional is one thing. Not speaking english too good is another.

The kind of precedent where people seek out schools that will accept their half assed MCAT attempts.

How about working hard, pushing yourself and accomplishing your goals because you were the best candidate...not because you were able to find a school that would accept your subpar numbers. Novel though. Chew that over for a bit.

I didn't miss the point, I showed you that you were being petty by randomly highlighting mistakes in someone's post. Especially when it can easily be done to you and prove nothing.

People can accomplish their goals of getting into med school, and I don't think you proved any "dangerous precedent" here as justification for your usual bullying attitude. Oooh, people who aren't "good" enough will apply to medical school. That already happens. I really get sick of how your nastiness ruins some good threads.

I really get sick of how your nastiness ruins some good threads.

Maybe you shouldnt read what I write. Many people seem to enjoy it.

And for the record, the only person who would consider a thread about piss poor MCAT scores a "good thread" are those who are also seeking schools that will accept their failures.

Maybe you shouldnt read what I write. Many people seem to enjoy it.

And for the record, the only person who would consider a thread about piss poor MCAT scores a "good thread" are those who are also seeking schools that will accept their failures.

Ummm, if someone gets accepted, that person did not fail.

Oh, and by the way, speaking of grammar..."the only person" is singular and "those" and "their" are plural. It's a really common, basic grammatical error, but I'll forgive your failure. I am sure you *may* still become a good surgeon.

YES.
When did mediocrity become so goddamn cool??

Oh, and by the way, speaking of grammar..."the only person" is singular and "those" and "their" are plural. It's a really common, basic grammatical error, but I'll forgive your failure. I am sure you *may* still become a good surgeon.

These are also considered gender neutral terms.

YES.
When did mediocrity become so goddamn cool??

I dont know, but mediocrity is the lifeblood of the nontraditional student. Once you hit the age of 30 your ability to score 8's on the MCAT drops dramatically.

And that makes it acceptable to apply to DO schools BECAUSE your MCAT blows?
:mad::mad::mad:
What makes me madder is that non-trads go to college at 18-19, completely blow it off, screw their GPA horribly, then wake up one day ten years later firmly resolved to go to med school, comforted by the fact that they can retake a bunch of classes and put minimal effort into the MCAT because DO schools are easy to get into.

Some of these people actually become doctors. Doubtlessly, some of them slip through the cracks. It's terrifying. But the ones back in school always give me snotty looks when i say i'm 23 and this is my first year, like i wasted my life so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ummm, if someone gets accepted, that person did not fail.

If someone gets accepted with a crappy MCAT and a good story they are only setting themselves up for trouble.

NBOME and USMLE dont care how much you want to become a doctor or how many volunteer hours you did in a nursing home. Neither will that competitive residency program when they grill you about your mediocre boards and grades.

Then it must go up again when you hit 40 because I didn't have a problem with it.

:laugh:

Well, then there is a select group on here fighting their point...and they are in their 30s.

scpod...I have learned you are the exception to many rules my friend

And that makes it acceptable to apply to DO schools BECAUSE your MCAT blows?
:mad::mad::mad:
What makes me madder is that non-trads go to college at 18-19, completely blow it off, screw their GPA horribly, then wake up one day ten years later firmly resolved to go to med school, comforted by the fact that they can retake a bunch of classes and put minimal effort into the MCAT because DO schools are easy to get into.

Some of these people actually become doctors. Doubtlessly, some of them slip through the cracks. It's terrifying. But the ones back in school always give me snotty looks when i say i'm 23 and this is my first year, like i wasted my life so far.

:laugh:

I like the ones who said to me "oh you havent really lived".

Well, I havent lived through the 70s if thats what you mean.

I dont know, but mediocrity is the lifeblood of the nontraditional student. Once you hit the age of 30 your ability to score 8's on the MCAT drops dramatically.

JP, I scored above an 8 on the majority of my sections (considerably in BS), and I'm above the age of 30. I fell short in PS, though.

I like the ones who said to me "oh you havent really lived".

Well, I havent lived through the 70s if thats what you mean.

i get it a lot too. i'm a 23 year old single mother of a 4 year old little girl. i ran away to Canada when i turned 18 and had to do crazy jobs when her dad drank away rent. i've been a street racer, a makeup artist, a ballet teacher, a photographer, a body piercer, a jazz singer, a French tutor/translator, and a professional space cowgirl. Not a bit of living there.

Jp, I like your insight on many things. But let me get this straight. You believe you are better than someone because you are younger? Dude, why do you think soldiers in the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment (Delta Force) are in their 30's, 40's, and even 50's. Why are investigators in many police departments older? Experience. I am a non-trad. I guarantee I beat out many 22 year olds for med school spots. Why, because I have been in a lot of real world situations and absolutely know how to handle stress and get things done. Now, I can admit that I am not the normal applicant but, do not paint everyone with such a broad stroke.

i get it a lot too. i'm a 23 year old single mother of a 4 year old little girl. i ran away to Canada when i turned 18 and had to do crazy jobs when her dad drank away rent. i've been a street racer, a makeup artist, a ballet teacher, a photographer, a body piercer, a jazz singer, a French tutor/translator, and a professional space cowgirl. Not a bit of living there.

Nothing that interesting for me. I'm just planning to do this doctor gig thing until I get a slot on the World Poker Tour :).

Nahh Ii onllyy doo iit forr youu. With your nose up so high up in the air how are you not blinded by the lights? Hey, watch out for the wall! The wall JP! Oh man he didn't see it and walked right into it. I think surgery will sute you well. That is where many of the other haughty full of themselves physicians end up. Therefore you did well on enough on VR and the writing sections, but you couldn't hack BS or PS? Look you don't have any idea what schools I was accepted or waitlisted at or which schools I choose not to attend. You don't know why I choose to go the school that I am going to attend. All hail King JP. :bow: Gods gift to the medical profession. If this is the way you treat a future collogue? I am afriad to know how you were raised.

Nothing that interesting for me. I'm just planning to do this doctor gig thing until I get a slot on the World Poker Tour :).

Ooh! That's televised! can i do your makeup :idea:

Jp, I like your insight on many things. But let me get this straight. You believe you are better than someone because you are younger? Dude, why do you think soldiers in the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment (Delta Force) are in their 30's, 40's, and even 50's. Why are investigators in many police departments older? Experience. I am a non-trad. I guarantee I beat out many 22 year olds for med school spots. Why, because I have been in a lot of real world situations and absolutely know how to handle stress and get things done. Now, I can admit that I am not the normal applicant but, do not paint everyone with such a broad stroke.

So when you get older I guess you also lose the ability to recognize sarcasm and jest. I will type louder next time.

See? Now why did you need to make it personal fvckhead?

I was the one who made it personal!!!!! Be consistant man. You were the one who brought up my parents being proud of me. :rolleyes: You also consistently tried to put me down in most of your responses. You also wanted to know what my VR score was? Implying that I didn't score well. You also were the one that brought up my spelling. You also are knocking the school I plan to go to, which is a knock on my future education. I take my education very personally and for you to knock it really hurt. I think you should respect others and when you don't others lose respect for you. I said what I said based on the way you treated me. It was the impression you gave me. Just try to make a little effort respecting others. It will help you in life.

Can someone give me the Cliff Notes for this thread? I am lost...lol

Can someone give me the Cliff Notes for this thread? I am lost...lol

OK...the quick version:

OP: What schools will let me in with a 6 or 7 on the MCAT.
JP: Am I the only one bothered by mediocrity?
Kicia: What about bad test takers?
Kicia and JP squabble back and forth.
Mommy2three: My doctor sucks.
JP: No, he's fine, it's you that has the problem.
Mommy and JP squabble back and forth.
Several people take sides.
t-funk, sexyman and drgangrene struggle with basic addition of MCAT scores.
People make silly comments, then bring up ESL and money.
More money, more money, then poor communication is discussed.
People begin talking about JP (who is conspicuously absent at this point).
Hilseb is the first to begin the "You can't spell. No, you can't spell" war and tries to correct some errors.
DeLaughter asks the AOA to get it's thumb out of its ass.
Spiced enters the picture and is ignored.
Kappy somehow decides that hospitals are the solution to all questions.
A physical therapist steps in, quoting JP (who hasn't been seen for at least two pages now) and putting his two cents in about having a 6 on VR.
Rufus finally catches on to the math problem from page two.
Taty and Kicia spend a moment hugging each other.
JP roars back into posting with 6 straight posts (and 7 out of 8, both new records)
JP and Maximus share some male bonding time.
Kappy is still talking about hospitals.
JP and Kappy squabble back and forth.
Taty talks about his foot.
Conjecture about Taty's impending surgery temporarily dominates the conversation.
More talk about spelling and mediocrity ensues.
apnea's biography delights posters of all ages, races, and sexual orientations.
Spiced gets ignored again (sorry, my friend :)).
Kappy and JP pull out all the stops.
DrVan asks for the Cliffnotes.

That about does it.

Sure. I'll be in Las Vegas next week trying to qualify for 2008. Drop by if you get a chance. I'll be the one with all the chips (or either I'll be at Nine Fine Irishmen drinking a Guiness and wondering where all my money went to) :D:D

Ya know, i'm about a half day's drive from Vegas ;):eek:

OK...the quick version:

Hilseb is the first to begin the "You can't spell. No, you can't spell" war and tries to correct some errors.
A physical therapist steps in, quoting JP (who hasn't been seen for at least two pages now) and putting his two cents in about having a 6 on VR.
JP roars back into posting with 6 straight posts (and 7 out of 8, both new records)
Conjecture about Taty's impending surgery temporarily dominates the conversation.

That about does it.

Thanks for trying. No struggle here; maybe you should read a little more into the thread you are trying to summarize.

OK...the quick version:

That about does it.

Brilliant! :thumbup::banana:

OK...the quick version:

Spicedmanna thinks summery is brilliant.
Dr. Gangrene thinks summery missed the boat.
Kappy thinks it is brilliant.
Kappy adds to summery.
That about does it.

Now that is where we are.

OK...the quick version:

spicedmanna thinks summery is brilliant.
Dr. Gangrene think it has missed the boat.
Kappy thinks its brilliant.
Megboo brings up JP saying he is going out town.
Kappy adds to summery.
That about does it.

This thread is entertaining. There are a couple good points that get squeezed in between all the shots below the belt.

OK...the quick version:

That about does it.

hahahahahahahaha:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

OK...the quick version:

spicedmanna thinks summery is brilliant.
Dr. Gangrene think it has missed the boat.
Kappy thinks its brilliant.
Magboo brings up JP saying he is going out town.
That about does it.

Could you do this for every thread over 5 pages on SDN...you could save me hours...

Could you do this for every thread over 5 pages on SDN...you could save me hours...

Give the credit to scpod. Scpod was the one who did it I just added a few lines.

OK...the quick version:

That about does it.

wow someone has no life

OK...the quick version:

That about does it.

Wow, great summary :thumbup:

I think JP said something about going out of town somewhere.

Too bad, I find many of his posts funny (especially the ones he doesn't mean to be). He has some sort of superiority complex going on; I find it amusing. :)

Then it must go up again when you hit 40 because I didn't have a problem with it.

Same...sort of ;) I took it once and bombed it so took it again and scored in the upper 30's :) But in all fairness, I took it while I was still in my 30's ;) but I did recently hit 40.

Taty aka me is a female

so I am she not he:)

Scpod, could you give me a 2 second summary of the nontrad aspect of this conversation because I'm too lazy to sort through this whole freaking thread? :)

Just wondering why we had to get thrown in here lumped in with various comments about mediocrity? I know we all have the stereotypical picture of all nontrads as health care workers with cr@ppy stats and a sense of entitlement to med school admissions, but that's just a stereotype and not reality. Anecdotally, I'm a nontrad with a LizzyM score (MCAT + GPA x 10) of over 70, and I've managed to do pretty well in my first year of my schools. I don't think I'm that unusual in the nontrad community. I'm sorry that apnea and JP met some condescending nontrads somewhere, but I'm not seeing the need for the hatefest.

Status
Not open for further replies.