Which is a better job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmacist26

Reaction score
I have worked at Walgreens since 2018. Started as a floater and became staff. My pharmacy manager moved to another store so I was left by myself with no other pharmacist. On days that I was off pharmacy would be closed (super busy location) and I would go back to over 1000 in the queue and a line of screaming patients. We have a specialty pharmacy 30min away that is basically like a private. 9-5, 3 pharmacists low stress. I asked to be transferred there many times but there was no opening. I floated there when I first started and loved it and staff loved me. I made $62/hr at WAG.

So I started applying and got a job as a PIC at Ralph’s. I never intended on being a manager but it was my way out of that hell. So now as manager I set my own schedule but have to work 12 hour shifts. So 3 12 hours and one 4 hour shift a week or if I do weekends it’s two 8 hours and two 12s. 9 min drive from my house. I don’t necessarily like the staff but not a huge deal. As PIC it’s lotssss of paperwork but low volume store. I make $68.60 at Ralph’s.

Soooo the other day I saw a job opening at this specialty Walgreens. I texted the manager there cause I know her and she said it’s a floater position between the two specialty store with “occasional” retail shifts.

I’m sooo torn because I’m dyinggg to work normal hours 9-5. Buttt… I won’t make my schedule and will have the title of “floater” again plus 30min drive.

I really want opinions of people in the field because my family thinks Ralph’s is a no brainer.

What would you do fellow pharmacist???

Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ralph sounds good, but do you know how long is this gig good for? If you are five years from retirement, stay put.

If you retirement horizon is more like 20 years or if you want to move to hospital eventually:

Working at specialty pharmacy could possibly open doors for you with hospital systems as they are moving into this space.

Just making sure Walgreens management provide you in writing the upper limits of retail shifts in the offer letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
The “occasional” retail shifts leaves too much to chance in the hands of Walgreens’s. I’d stay put and keep looking for a better gig.

Reactions: 2 users
OP you have at least 4 threads going on about this situation. You need to relax a bit bud.

Reactions: 1 users