Which of these 2 options is best for me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My science GPA is 2.8 (I had 1 F in genchem so it messed my sciGPA up)
My cumulative GPA is 3.52
I'm a history major.
For sake of argument, let's just say that I score 20+ on all sections of DAT.

Which of these two options would be more beneficial?

1. Send in my dental school application the 1st week of June BEFORE I take the DAT. Then take the DAT sometime during the 3rd week of June. Then the dental schools will receive my DAT scores and put it together with my application? (I'm guessing that's how it would work).

2. Take the DAT during the 3rd week of June BEFORE I send in my application (which I would send my application in the 3rd week of June too but only AFTER I've taken the DAT).

Members don't see this ad.

Would be better to post this in the pre-dental forum.

Anyway, your science gpa is pretty low. I would say with a 3.1-3.2 you could have a chance if you did amazing on the dat, and have extracurriculars. Even this would be somewhat hard.

You can try and take the dat and apply. I think you might have to take some more sciences classes to boost up that science gpa. Then apply another year.

Anyway, I have not been accepted. This is just my opinion from reading stuff on here. Everyone is different. Your situation can have a big impact on your acceptance. Have you had any hardships during school, your race, how many extracurriculars have you done, etc.

Anyway, option 1 is best. Fill out the application and send it in so they can start processing it. Then take the dat. I don't think they need your dat scores to send the application to schools. The dat score can be sent separately. Correct me if I am wrong on this someone.

1. Send in my dental school application the 1st week of June BEFORE I take the DAT. Then take the DAT sometime during the 3rd week of June. Then the dental schools will receive my DAT scores and put it together with my application? (I'm guessing that's how it would work).
This one :thumbup:
You see when you submit your application (DAT or no DAT), it takes them like 3-4 weeks to review everything you've submitted and AFTER they make sure you didn't type anything wrong (or lied), THEN they submit your application