Who got interviews already and where??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tufts, February 13th. Via snail mail to Missouri. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Tufts, February 7th... snail mail (they mailed it on the 9th, got it on the 10th ... I live only 45 min away from the school!!) :)

Tufts interview on Feb 12 received in the mail today. The letter made its way all the way to California...Can't wait to revisit Beantown!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess that answers my question about how long it takes for mail to reach CA from MA ...
Nothing in the mail today... *sigh*

I would at least wait until tomorrow before giving up...they only mailed on the 9th

I would at least wait until tomorrow before giving up...they only mailed on the 9th
Tomorrow being Saturday, I plan on staking myself out at the mailbox. Hopefully it comes tomorrow so I don't have to wait out the holiday.

But, I'm so excited for those of you who did receive interviews and I desperately hope to meet all of you there!

Funny how when these interview notices come out, it becomes very clear which school you really want to go to. I haven't obsessed about Davis or Colorado nearly as much as I have obsessed over Tufts...

Interview invitation to Minnesota received today via snail mail -- no specific date - one of three interview weekends in February.

Interview invitation to Minnesota received today via snail mail -- no specific date - one of three interview weekends in February.

i wish all schools did weekend interviews...or at least interviews on mondays and fridays....one of my interviews is a 5 hour drive from my college...and its on a wednesday!!! i'm going to have to miss at least 2-3 days of school...grrr...

TUFTS! Feb 14th, just found out this week.

i wish all schools did weekend interviews...or at least interviews on mondays and fridays....one of my interviews is a 5 hour drive from my college...and its on a wednesday!!! i'm going to have to miss at least 2-3 days of school...grrr...
tufts is a 6 hour drive from me. i'll have to bring someone with me to keep me awake, but i plan on driving up after class on a tuesday, and driving back late after the interview wednesday afternoon, to be back in class on thursday. i wish they did weekend ones too!

hey... first post here. hi, my name is Emily! :)

Minnesota - one of the interview weekends...notified via snail mail 1/13

:)

has anyone heard from Tennessee or Tuskegee about interviews?

Minnesota here too... one of three weekends again.
It went from MN to CA in three days (got it yesterday).
Has anyone gotten the email with the further info yet?

VA-MD
Received via e-mail.

fargeese: I'm February 9th too! 8:50 in the morning! Maybe I'll see you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone talking about VA-MD, are you guys instate or out? Thanks!

I am in-state VA, only about 1.5hr drive from VA-MD actually. My interview is at 9am, I just read the interview information, I can't believe it is just 2 interviews of 15 minutes apiece? Seems like it would take longer to decide my future :) . Oh well, less time for me to start rambling and stick my foot in my mouth.

PM me winterfire if you'd like to meet up after our interviews, it looks like we'll be waiting awhile before the noon tour!

I am in-state for VA-MD as well. I go to Virginia Tech, so no long drive for me. Good luck to all those with interviews and all those still waiting :luck:

If anyone has questions about the area, let me know!

Has anyone gotten the email with the further info yet?

I got the Minnesota snail mail too, and no e-mail yet. Unfortunately it's getting so that I have plans - not "important" plans, and things I'd be happy to re-arrange for an interview, but that required buying tickets and making reservations - on two of the three possible weekends. So I hope the e-mail says "tell us which weekend you want to come" and I happen to check my e-mail the second after it arrives, so I can be the first to write back and claim the slot I want... And, no offense, but I hope you all have server crashes so that everyone else is delayed in responding. :D

Kinda ridiculous that nerves and excitement turn it into a competitive game before anyone is even accepted... :rolleyes:

I got the Minnesota snail mail too, and no e-mail yet. Unfortunately it's getting so that I have plans - not "important" plans, and things I'd be happy to re-arrange for an interview, but that required buying tickets and making reservations - on two of the three possible weekends. So I hope the e-mail says "tell us which weekend you want to come" and I happen to check my e-mail the second after it arrives, so I can be the first to write back and claim the slot I want... And, no offense, but I hope you all have server crashes so that everyone else is delayed in responding. :D

Kinda ridiculous that nerves and excitement turn it into a competitive game before anyone is even accepted... :rolleyes:

Last year they let you pick the weekend and I had no problem getting the weekend I wanted.

Last year they let you pick the weekend and I had no problem getting the weekend I wanted.

Good to know - still no e-mail from them. Anybody else barely restraining the urge to call the MN admissions office and say "WTF??" :confused:

Also looks like the next crop of Penn's letters is out, I just got an invite today (1/16) for Feb. 2nd. The whole decorative card-stock folder with the letter glued inside seemed a little over the top (I'm thinking I could do without the fancy invite if they reduced my tuition by the amount it costs to produce them :D). But it was exciting to get a thick envelope.

I checked off small animal and research on the card, and the interview schedule they sent includes a "lab tour" in addition to the tour of the campus and hospital, so this day might be predominantly research-interested folks.

(Now, of course, I have to wonder if this means Penn doesn't think I have a shot at Davis... Any other Californians interview at Penn yet?)

I'm from Cali and I haven't heard anything from either school. I just checked small animal though. Hopefully more people hear from them soon!:oops:

Hey everyone,

I just received an interview invitation for Purdue for Friday, February 23rd.

I am an out-of-state resident. They give you until February 2nd to confirm or reject your interview.

I was accepted at my top choice already (just waiting on acceptace paperwork to come by mail), so I'm going to reject the interview invitiation so other people have the chance to interview and get accepted! I don't wanna steal anyone's chance/interview if I don't really wanna go there!!!!! :)

Good luck everyone on your interviews! :)

Interview at Minnesota and Purdue.

Hey everyone,

I just received an interview invitation for Purdue for Friday, February 23rd.

I am an out-of-state resident. They give you until February 2nd to confirm or reject your interview.

I was accepted at my top choice already (just waiting on acceptace paperwork to come by mail), so I'm going to reject the interview invitiation so other people have the chance to interview and get accepted! I don't wanna steal anyone's chance/interview if I don't really wanna go there!!!!! :)

Good luck everyone on your interviews! :)
good for you! i'm sure there are some people out there who would like to see how many acceptance letters they can get, regardless of where they actually want to go. i didn't apply to purdue, but thanks anyway! :thumbup:

good to hear that the most recent batch of penn invites is still small animal. i'm crossing my fingers so hard, they're turning purple, lol. but i checked equine, so hopefully i'll get my letter next week.

Out of state (to Missouri) interview at Penn for 2/2. Woo-hoo!!!!! :D

But, dagnabit, I have an interview at Western already scheduled for that day -- and I bought my plane ticket to CA already. I HOPE HOPE HOPE Penn will let me reschedule!!! And I don't want to miss the research-oriented interview day, either, 'cause that's what I'm interested in. :(

Anyone have any idea what the odds are on rescheduling?

And I don't want to miss the research-oriented interview day, either, 'cause that's what I'm interested in.

If you look at the interview schedule, arrival & lab tour are only half an hour. Unless they're just plain cruel, I have to imagine that if they let you reschedule, you could also ask nicely and they'd find someone to take you on a quick tour at some point during the day (if nothing else, just going on record as having asked demonstrates your interest in research...). It could be that they'll tailor the "overview of the school" session to research interests on that day, and you'd miss that, but again it seems like info you could pick up on your own at another of the interview dates if you just ask.

Western U - Feb. 9th, by phone call.

purdue on feb 16th, out of state

Virginia-Maryland, Feb. 14 (Out-of-State)

Guess they called Wednesday and left a voicemail on my cell. Was sick this morning so I skipped Anatomy and they called while I was still home. Checked cell - no missed calls. Checked voicemail - none. Verizon is very lucky that she called back.

The silence from Penn is killing me.

Snail mail was dated Jan. 5th, but was out of town, so don't know when it arrived. I will be there Feb.12th.

by phone call 1/16-interview on Feb 1st.

I got a letter from Illinois on 1/11, (interview scheduled 2/12 11:30) and right after opening that letter, I got a phone called from WesternU (interview scheduled for 2/05). Talk about an exciting day.

:) I can't wait to go to Cali, I hope it is warm because it is cold here in Illinois.

Interview at Illinois Feb 12 (out-of-state applicant). Got letter by snail mail on Jan. 12. Anyone hear apply to Oregon or Washington? and Heard anything from them yet?

From what I hear it is extremely hard to get a interview here as a non-resident. So, since you did you had must of done something that made you stand out. :) What time is your interview, at uiuc?

Thanks for the Congrats Bluepawelephant, I'm hoping that I'll stand out after the interview too. I'll have to worry myself sick until then (3:00pm to be exact on 2/12). Never been to Urbana-Champaign but I'm originally from Missouri so maybe that helped with the application.

Got an invite in the mail today for UPenn on 2/9! I'm so nervous already!

Got an invite in the mail today for UPenn on 2/9! I'm so nervous already!

what did you select as your "field"...large, small, equine??? (trying to figure out because they seem to be grouping by field and i want to know if i should start worrying or not :)

what did you select as your "field"...large, small, equine??? (trying to figure out because they seem to be grouping by field and i want to know if i should start worrying or not :)

Was "food animal" a choice? I would have either put that or large animal. They're taking us to the New Bolton Center for part of the tour.

Was "food animal" a choice? I would have either put that or large animal. They're taking us to the New Bolton Center for part of the tour.

I think the options were large, small, or other. I put other and my interview is on Friday. I think we already talked about this and we said there doesn't seem to be a trend with what field you are interested in...but they aren't taking me to the New Bolton Center so maybe there is.

They do interview small animal and large animal separately as the large animal people do go on a tour of the New Bolton Center. Also, it appears that one of the dates is reserved for those interested in research. I also checked other and haven't heard anything from them. Hopefully we will soon!

They do interview small animal and large animal separately as the large animal people do go on a tour of the New Bolton Center. Also, it appears that one of the dates is reserved for those interested in research. I also checked other and haven't heard anything from them. Hopefully we will soon!

I think more than one of the dates is research-oriented. Some people have posted that there is a lab tour of 2/2. I'm also interested in research, and we have a lab tour too on 1/26 (ugh that date is approaching fast!!). So it might be more spread out than just one type of student per interview date.

Does anyone know how many people Penn is interviewing? They are up to 5 groups now, and I think I remember someone saying there are 7 groups of 30. 7x30=210

I have an interview at Ohio on Dec 19th. I also had an interview scheduled at Purdue, but I got into one of my top choices and cancelled.

If you're still waiting, hang in there! And good luck too! :)

Feb. 13th VA-MD via phone, I'm out of state so I'm not getting my hopes up too high, also Glasgow on Feb. 6th

got a snail-mail invite to interview at washington state on Feb 14th. does anyone know any stats on them (how many out of state do they interview, etc.)?

I think more than one of the dates is research-oriented. Some people have posted that there is a lab tour of 2/2. I'm also interested in research, and we have a lab tour too on 1/26 (ugh that date is approaching fast!!). So it might be more spread out than just one type of student per interview date.

Does anyone know how many people Penn is interviewing? They are up to 5 groups now, and I think I remember someone saying there are 7 groups of 30. 7x30=210

There are 8 groups of 30, so 240, of which they accept 112. Also, they have one day for equine interest and one day for food animal. They may have mentioned the dates, but I completely forgot what they are - sorry!

Do you want to see me cry? Do you? :p
Still waiting for Penn to say something (anything) too?

Feb. 13th VA-MD via phone, I'm out of state so I'm not getting my hopes up too high, also Glasgow on Feb. 6th

It's what, 10 that they will accept? 10 in, 25 wait list. That's fair odds, if you consider some will likely opt out for another school. Regardless, warm them up for me.

"Still waiting for Penn to say something (anything) too?"
Me too thesonofdarwin, we get no love from our state. I checked "other" on the card and was wildlife/exotic on the vmcas app. so I'm hoping that I'm still in the running for at least an interview.

"It's what, 10 that they will accept? 10 in, 25 wait list. That's fair odds, if you consider some will likely opt out for another school. Regardless, warm them up for me."
I looked at the web site and last year they interviewed 40 people...we should pat ourselves on the back regardless considering the stats also said they got almost 600 out of state apps! Oh well, maybe I'll see u in Scotland lol.

I looked at the web site and last year they interviewed 40 people...we should pat ourselves on the back regardless considering the stats also said they got almost 600 out of state apps! Oh well, maybe I'll see u in Scotland lol.

Dang, live in the same state, apply to the same schools, being toyed around with by our own state... are you my twin? If Scotland is my only choice, you can bet I'll be there. For the animals! *holds up his Captain Planet-esque animal ring*

Think I put Small Animal on the card, but small animal/exotic on the vmcas. Don't mind my limp, I just shot myself in the foot by checking small animal.

WSU 2/12 snail mail, out of state. Yay!!!

Yipee!, got an interview for WSU on Feb.14 at 4:00. Letter came by snail mail today (out-of-state). That week will be super crazy: Illinois on 2/12 back to home and then drive to Pullman on 2/14. Jeez, these interviews overlap alot. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Just excited to get a chance to interview. :D

Washington State for 2/12..but it conflicts with Illinois! Gotta call them..